Musings, ideas, what are you thinking about?

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
So I'm guessing there's no in the world substitute. I was asking cuz you know kit kat's? In the Jewish world there are kif kafs - a kosher version I guess..
I wouldn't know as it's stunning what you can find on the shelves of grocery stores. The stuff they come out, I mean I'm still trying to get my head around biscuit flavoured tea. What's wrong with just dunking a biscuit into a cup of cha? Seriously, has mankind become that lazy or incapable of undertaking a task such as that? lol.

Innocent Forever

πŸ’πŸ₯œπŸŒ
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I wouldn't know as it's stunning what you can find on the shelves of grocery stores. The stuff they come out, I mean I'm still trying to get my head around biscuit flavoured tea. What's wrong with just dunking a biscuit into a cup of cha? Seriously, has mankind become that lazy or incapable of undertaking a task such as that? lol.
That made me giggle. You get weird flavours of everything!!!!
At first glance it looks like different pastas.....then not.
Google bissli. That's what it is. I was wondering if it was just an Israeli / Jewish snack. Which it is.

Innocent Forever

πŸ’πŸ₯œπŸŒ
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I've just had a look, it is available in the UK
Yup it is. In pretty much all the kosher shops. Tesco sells it in the kosher section too. Tesco used to sell it for cheaper than other shops but not anymore. Tesco (occasionally sainsbury's too but not usually) often has some kosher food for cheaper in Tesco than in the Jewish shops. It's fascinating often enough to see. Sometimes they may do it at a loss but usually not. Thinking about like before passover when they sell the grape juice for really cheap. I wonder if it's at a loss to them - but the drawing of so many customers to their shop is why they'd do it - and how much cheaper they get the products because they're buying huge quantities.

This is the rambling thread after all :)

Saw the pictures when googled, definitely Hebrew on the packages:)
πŸ’Ÿ

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Yup it is. In pretty much all the kosher shops. Tesco sells it in the kosher section too. Tesco used to sell it for cheaper than other shops but not anymore. Tesco (occasionally sainsbury's too but not usually) often has some kosher food for cheaper in Tesco than in the Jewish shops. It's fascinating often enough to see. Sometimes they may do it at a loss but usually not. Thinking about like before passover when they sell the grape juice for really cheap. I wonder if it's at a loss to them - but the drawing of so many customers to their shop is why they'd do it - and how much cheaper they get the products because they're buying huge quantities.

This is the rambling thread after all :)

πŸ’Ÿ
In pharmaceuticals, they term it as loss leaders.... just one way to draw customers in before they attempt to hit you with a sting.
Never happened to me though hahahha.

For the moment, after being in the music thread and seeing a couple of songs posted it's taking me back to the 70's. Creedence Clearwater...first band I ever saw live, actually in 1969 along with Bo Diddley. I was 13, my parents had no clue. And Led Zeppelin, got to see them twice. Concerts were around $5 then. A friend just posted in my Facebook that they were trying to get Stevie Nicks tickets. I saw her a few times with Christie Perfect(aka McVie) and Fleetwood Mac, gotta go dig out some CD's to listen to. She's coming to Houston in October, Pit seats are around $3000, Lol. But on the cheap for $200-$500;)

one day i will make it.
i will live freely without being anxious about peoples’ judgement.
i will no longer have to limit myself, to shrink my world, my dreams, just to accommodate people who constantly put me down.

when that day comes, i will never look back, and just live.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
one day i will make it.
i will live freely without being anxious about peoples’ judgement.
i will no longer have to limit myself, to shrink my world, my dreams, just to accommodate people who constantly put me down.

when that day comes, i will never look back, and just live.
I hope that day does come, live, live your life and find what the things you want.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00