• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Musings, ideas, what are you thinking about?

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
It really gives me chills when I see an star right in front of my backyard which is hundreds of light-years away from earth. Yesterday I saw some stars that were 50+ light-years away from earth.

And most people barely look at the stars or even know them.

But this gives me more of a sensation of humilty, that all my problems aren't so big, that everything is so small and imperfect compared to the stars.
Stargazing is one of the few things that is relaxing for me. Watching whether through a telescope or binoculars always brings a sense of content to me.
 
Finished my cross made of wood today. It was supposed to take 30 minutes if you had the right equipment which I don't and work on it constantly which I didn't. All told probably 3-4 hours spread over 3 weeks. It is 14 inches long, 4 wide. IMG_3274.jpg

Now I don't know what to do with it. It might be too fragile to hang. But it is finished.
 

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Finished my cross made of wood today. It was supposed to take 30 minutes if you had the right equipment which I don't and work on it constantly which I didn't. All told probably 3-4 hours spread over 3 weeks. It is 14 inches long, 4 wide. View attachment 74785

Now I don't know what to do with it. It might be too fragile to hang. But it is finished.
Really, really nice!
 

Angie

Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
Finished my cross made of wood today. It was supposed to take 30 minutes if you had the right equipment which I don't and work on it constantly which I didn't. All told probably 3-4 hours spread over 3 weeks. It is 14 inches long, 4 wide. View attachment 74785

Now I don't know what to do with it. It might be too fragile to hang. But it is finished.
Beautiful work!
 
Finished my cross made of wood today. It was supposed to take 30 minutes if you had the right equipment which I don't and work on it constantly which I didn't. All told probably 3-4 hours spread over 3 weeks. It is 14 inches long, 4 wide. View attachment 74785

Now I don't know what to do with it. It might be too fragile to hang. But it is finished.
It looks so beautiful, like the craftsmanship woah
 
Finished my cross made of wood today. It was supposed to take 30 minutes if you had the right equipment which I don't and work on it constantly which I didn't. All told probably 3-4 hours spread over 3 weeks. It is 14 inches long, 4 wide. View attachment 74785

Now I don't know what to do with it. It might be too fragile to hang. But it is finished.
Thats amazing. You're super talented!*stars
 

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Finished my cross made of wood today. It was supposed to take 30 minutes if you had the right equipment which I don't and work on it constantly which I didn't. All told probably 3-4 hours spread over 3 weeks. It is 14 inches long, 4 wide. View attachment 74785

Now I don't know what to do with it. It might be too fragile to hang. But it is finished.
Fine work, nicely done and looking good. :)
 

Fbr27

a ghoul keeper
I was passing through some street and some kids with their bikes were looking at this old house. They talked to me about the house and I said I had no idea if someone still lived there.

Then they started to say that I was going to help them to enter the house. I didn't know if someone was there but then I went into the lower level of the place and only found burned trash and used condoms (?). Probably a place where some crack addict use for prostitution and using drugs. There was also some rags on the windows, as if someone used the house for sleeping or using drugs.

Then I went to the upper level of this house and saw some weird stuff. The house was completely burned. There was burned clothes, a burned spring bed, burned vinyls, and even a burned notebook with something that looked like a teenager/child writings. I wonder if the house started to burn so fast that nothing could be taken from there and if someone died on the fire, as the house seemed abandoned.

There was also a microwave thing on this chair, like if someone found it inside the house and planned to sell to someone. Then I went to this garage and there was some really weird stuff there: a skull sculpture into some window looking towards the street, some weird glass thing right on the ground in the front door of the house.

As if someone was doing some african religious ritual out on this house (those things exist in Brazil), they were making rituals for Exu (the messenger god/crossroads god in african religious tradition, represented as the devil in african/catholic syncretism in Brazil)

I only took this photo inside the house:

IMG_20260208_174251.jpg

The kids entered the house with me and started to scream and argue with each other and I just leaved the place and went home.
 

Fbr27

a ghoul keeper
Exu as the messenger/justice god in Yoruba Nigerian tradition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eshu

The crossroads god, the god that was represented as the devil in syncretism when the african slaves were brought to America and into catholic/protestant tradition. Crossroads, the devil, representations as the male organ, the guy that Robert Johnson made a deal with to become a blues guitarist.
 
I was passing through some street and some kids with their bikes were looking at this old house. They talked to me about the house and I said I had no idea if someone still lived there.

Then they started to say that I was going to help them to enter the house. I didn't know if someone was there but then I went into the lower level of the place and only found burned trash and used condoms (?). Probably a place where some crack addict use for prostitution and using drugs. There was also some rags on the windows, as if someone used the house for sleeping or using drugs.

Then I went to the upper level of this house and saw some weird stuff. The house was completely burned. There was burned clothes, a burned spring bed, burned vinyls, and even a burned notebook with something that looked like a teenager/child writings. I wonder if the house started to burn so fast that nothing could be taken from there and if someone died on the fire, as the house seemed abandoned.

There was also a microwave thing on this chair, like if someone found it inside the house and planned to sell to someone. Then I went to this garage and there was some really weird stuff there: a skull sculpture into some window looking towards the street, some weird glass thing right on the ground in the front door of the house.

As if someone was doing some african religious ritual out on this house (those things exist in Brazil), they were making rituals for Exu (the messenger god/crossroads god in african religious tradition, represented as the devil in african/catholic syncretism in Brazil)

I only took this photo inside the house:

View attachment 74797

The kids entered the house with me and started to scream and argue with each other and I just leaved the place and went home.
Pure movie shit. This seems scary but fun still. I would have liked to be there.
 
There was burned clothes, a burned spring bed, burned vinyls, and even a burned notebook with something that looked like a teenager/child writings.
That was the kids bedroom probably. Could you read what the diary said or was it too burnt to make out?
I only took this photo inside the house:
Was this the first floor of the house or the upper level?
It looks pretty spooky to me. Do you usually explore abandoned places?
 
Exu as the messenger/justice god in Yoruba Nigerian tradition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eshu

The crossroads god, the god that was represented as the devil in syncretism when the african slaves were brought to America and into catholic/protestant tradition. Crossroads, the devil, representations as the male organ, the guy that Robert Johnson made a deal with to become a blues guitarist.
Thats interesting but isnt the Robert Johnson thing a legend?
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00
Top