Musings, ideas, what are you thinking about?

Thank you. He is a rescue, still learning to communicate without biting. This cat isn't scared of most animals, he chases large racoons away. But whatever it is, perhaps he knows it's more than he wants to deal with. He won't go near the back door, when usually he insists on going out every evening for a while.
As long as whatver it is, stays out there so I can sleep.
In many cultures cats are/were seen as protectors against evil, probably because cats kill many creatures that can cause harm such as vermin, scorpions etc. Black cats were thought to be especially powerful.

So rest easy. Kitty has you covered!

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
That is a beauty of a cat @seabird I agree, trusting those animals and what they sense whether sound or sight is something to always pay heed of. Hopefully whatever is out there will pass by soon enough so both of you can relax a bit more. Mine seems to notice it when the coyotes show up here leaving pooch poop in the yard which I find the following day. LOL

Inanimate

YouTube comments. It goes without saying, but I especially love the ones coming from people who obviously didn’t watch the video but merely came by to drop their two cents about something they don’t understand. All in all, they’re a frequent reminder that I can’t stand dogmatic people as they devote far more time and energy to promoting their own superficiality than actually supporting it.

“Never take advice from a sociopath.”

Well, at least they actually put in the effort to construct their advice unlike those who make snap judgments just because it feels safe. What makes someone like you worth listening to when, at your core, you don’t give a shit either? Instead, you’re putting in more effort towards passing off your own mental laziness as moral excellence and besmirching people who don’t fall in line.

I saw a commercial advertising bull riding and thought, "I wonder what the bull thinks of this?". It might be thinking, "What is this guy doing? I just threw him off, and he's getting back on again. And people pay money to watch this?! Oh well, I suppose it could be worse. At least I'm not a package of hamburgers, yet. And what the hell is with that clown who antagonizes me, and then jumps in the barrel? I don't think I trust him either... Oh, time to go back in the pen."

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
Holy shit you guys, I just found out one of my high school bullies is going away for killing a cop. Apparently he’d been beating his wife, she was denied a restraining order, he did it again, police were called and there was a short shootout. He was shot too, but will live.

I knew him 25 years ago, as a teenager, and he was a violent asshole who never had to face any consequences for his behavior. Apparently that has continued to be the case, and this is the end result.

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Holy shit you guys, I just found out one of my high school bullies is going away for killing a cop. Apparently he’d been beating his wife, she was denied a restraining order, he did it again, police were called and there was a short shootout. He was shot too, but will live.

I knew him 25 years ago, as a teenager, and he was a violent asshole who never had to face any consequences for his behavior. Apparently that has continued to be the case, and this is the end result.
I'm glad he's suffering the consequences of his actions. I hate when people get away with hurting people so much.

seabird

meandering home
SF Supporter

That's a shock @Gonz . I hope his wife is alright after going through all that. May the policeman who died rip.

Pebble mouse

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SF Pro
Is this laziness, in a way??

I have decided I am going to cease looking for work and just stay on the pension. I have noticed since starting looking the incidence of my psychosis episodes has increased. It used to be twice a week now it's every second day, or even worse.

I can't handle stress like a normal person.

My next appointment at the employment service will be my last.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro

I have decided I am going to cease looking for work and just stay on the pension. I have noticed since starting looking the incidence of my psychosis episodes has increased. It used to be twice a week now it's every second day, or even worse.

I would disagree as you are doing what is best for you and your well-being.

I too have decided to no longer look for work as well. I feel incredibly fortunate that I have a pension so this is an option for me as well. I admit I am still struggling internally with this choice as I make peace with it - knowing that for me on multiple levels this is the correct choice- if that makes sense.

Sending *hugs to you.

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter

I actually love my job most of the time (when it's not being underpaid and taking up 70 hours a week!) - but if I had the opportunity not to work I would take it. I think it's good self care if you can survive on your pension and don't have to take work. Maybe you could volunteer a few hours somewhere/how so there isn't the pressure of paid work but you can still feel like you're doing something/sense of purpose/helping/meaning. Or just put your feet up 😀

Art timelines and Impressionism. It is neat sometimes to think of the impressionist painters as rebellious because of how their style was not considered the approved style and their work was rejected by the art world at first back then. It is sometimes interesting to think about their inspiration, what they drew upon, maybe also artists from time given rules by people who considered themselves to be the authority and if you read about art history often not even on art like on church and state.

Last edited:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00