Musings, ideas, what are you thinking about?

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
Ages ago, someone posted an old photo to Reddit of soldiers parachuting over Korea. Just a bunch of dots in the sky. I commented that, for all I knew, my grandfather was in that photo since he was a paratrooper in that war.

Today, I was looking at some old photos and found one of him in uniform. Found out his regiment, looked into them and, long story short, one of the dots in that photo *was* him.

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Ages ago, someone posted an old photo to Reddit of soldiers parachuting over Korea. Just a bunch of dots in the sky. I commented that, for all I knew, my grandfather was in that photo since he was a paratrooper in that war.

Today, I was looking at some old photos and found one of him in uniform. Found out his regiment, looked into them and, long story short, one of the dots in that photo *was* him.
That's a crazy coincidence but also really cool.

iloverachel

An outcast, forgotten and excluded by society
Is this laziness, in a way??

I have decided I am going to cease looking for work and just stay on the pension. I have noticed since starting looking the incidence of my psychosis episodes has increased. It used to be twice a week now it's every second day, or even worse.

I can't handle stress like a normal person.

My next appointment at the employment service will be my last.
I dont think its laziness, your mental health is very important and if you feel you have less psychosis episodes by not looking for work then thats fine.
I wish you the best with whatever decision you take

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter

That's amazing! You should frame it! :p

(unless you didn't like your grandpa or something)

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
That's a crazy coincidence but also really cool.
That's amazing! You should frame it! :p

(unless you didn't like your grandpa or something)
How I figured it out was by learning that his regiment were the *only* paratroopers sent there, so It was kind of inevitable.

Also, my family were trying to figure out what the hell he was doing with his hands in the photo of him in uniform that I mentioned. It was the gang sign for 187 (which pretty much any Mexican from his neighborhood would know; Papa wasn’t a gangbanger) because he was in the 187th Airborne Infantry.

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
How I figured it out was by learning that his regiment were the *only* paratroopers sent there, so It was kind of inevitable.

Also, my family were trying to figure out what the hell he was doing with his hands in the photo of him in uniform that I mentioned. It was the gang sign for 187 (which pretty much any Mexican from his neighborhood would know; Papa wasn’t a gangbanger) because he was in the 187th Airborne Infantry.
Maybe he was in a secret gang....lol I'm just kidding :P
Their signature move is paratrooping into the other gang's territory :D

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Trying to be back.
Good to see so many familiar faces.
Struggling a ton lately, basically going through hell since mid-October feels like.
But I'm almost finished with my DBT intensive outpatient program and decided to use opposite action this evening to decide to log in here instead of looking up things on a bad site.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Trying to be back.
Good to see so many familiar faces.
Struggling a ton lately, basically going through hell since mid-October feels like.
But I'm almost finished with my DBT intensive outpatient program and decided to use opposite action this evening to decide to log in here instead of looking up things on a bad site.
It is always good to see you posting and back. Wishing you the best with your struggles and for a fine outcome for yourself. This is place you know you are welcome with us.

There are only a few series programs I watch but NEW AMSTERDAM has been a feel good and hope inspiring one for the past couple of years, projecting the medical profession as operating in a team focused and high functioning manner, following the Hippocratic Oath to the letter, and fighting with heart for those served; helped and healed no matter what when able including the mental health field and spectrum being well included in its content.
Even though it took much license with how our system really operates these days, it was still a pleasure to watch something that was projected as able to be accomplished even if if felt like fantasy at times.
It has run its course, I will miss the heart filled characters and the medical and ethical content.

Baywasp

SF Supporter
Trying to plan a bday trip for this year. Just gotta figure out how much time off I can afford to take. I used up most of the PTO I'd had built up on being hospitalized :/

Baywasp

SF Supporter
i hope you can plan a great trip

mike...*hug*shake
Thanks! My supervisor said depending on how they make the schedule for that month, I might not have to use a ton of PTO. I asked off for a week and a lot of that could just be requested days (since I work an irregular schedule of 4 10-hour shifts per week, and I'm almost positive the weekend I'm taking my trip is one of my off weekends already since I typically work every other weekend.)
Bought my plane tickets the other day and don't have to worry about lodging because I have multiple friends who are able to host me.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Thanks! My supervisor said depending on how they make the schedule for that month, I might not have to use a ton of PTO. I asked off for a week and a lot of that could just be requested days (since I work an irregular schedule of 4 10-hour shifts per week, and I'm almost positive the weekend I'm taking my trip is one of my off weekends already since I typically work every other weekend.)
Bought my plane tickets the other day and don't have to worry about lodging because I have multiple friends who are able to host me.
i hope you have a great time

mike...*hug*shake

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
Was on Reddit earlier. I probably spend too much time there. Came across a truly disgusting individual.

I won’t go into detail about what he said but, long story short, he was defending grown men (like, in their forties) hitting on underage girls to someone who was dealing with that exact issue.

I had some choice words for him. Let him know, in a very detailed manner, exactly what I thought of him. Then gave him several suggestions as to how he could, well, do what this site is here to prevent. He had a few words for me as well, but insults from the likes of him are the nicest compliment I could hope for.

Got myself banned of course, but I’m not even mad. I knew I was breaking about half a dozen of their rules but, damn, it felt good to unload on someone who genuinely deserved it. And hey, hopefully seeing how vile his viewpoints were to other people helped her to not internalize any of it (though I’d be lying if I said that’s why I did it, I was just pissed).

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
So many people that liked me before seem to hate me now. Or maybe they never did like me and just felt sorry for me. Either way, it hurts like hell and I'm not coping well with it.

So many people that liked me before seem to hate me now. Or maybe they never did like me and just felt sorry for me. Either way, it hurts like hell and I'm not coping well with it.

Such is the caring way. Ever think about a new cause? I wish I had the time.
Have you ever looked into attachment theory? Some of the answers I found (that’s a link) made reasonable sense. I can be. I forget.
Sorry for what you’ve been through. I hope you feel better.

Last edited:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00