My son died by suicide 14 days ago.

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by liveordie?, May 1, 2014.

1. liveordie?

liveordie? New Member

I dont understand. I dont know how to feel. I wake up with anxiety every morning.
  2. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

I am really sorry this happened to you. I don't know what to say.
  3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I can only imagine the horror and grief you are going through.
    If you need an ear please feel free to pm me.
  4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Sorry about your loss, its clear he was loved and still is. Hope you have someone to lean on. Having anxiety is understandable. A doctor will understand and prescribe you some medications to help you through the difficult time of healing dont be afraid to go to the doctor.

You can also try to look for some loss support group as there are some groups in the area, maybe hearing about other peoples stories would help reduce some of the anitexy

Suicide is something one will not understand on why the person did it. Everyone has their own pain/reasons. The brain is not working right is what I only have the answer for. I'm suicidal and do think about it everyday but am holding onto life just because my best friend is the dog and I dont want to abadon her
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i am so sorry hun so sorry you lost your son here if you ever need someone to talk to ok hugs
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Nothing prepares you for the loss of a child and losing one to suicide is even more difficult. Please reach out to support groups to help you survive this. If there are no support groups in your community there are several online. It is helpful to talk to others that share in this experience no matter how awful it may be. Knowing you are not alone and others have been there can make a difference. My heart goes out to you. :hug:
  7. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

So sorry to hear for your loss. The death of a child is very hard to deal with and I hope your have support around you. Please keep posting and take care.
  8. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Am so sorry to hear this liveordie? Thank you for reaching out and seeking solace and comfort. SF is a good place to share feelings and thoughts you battle, it will be an honour to be there and to listen. Strength and blessings to you, urP
  9. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

liveordie? I am so sorry for your loss. :hug: I can imagine how sad and confused you are feeling. There are groups who can help. Keep reaching out here, too. :arms:
  10. Suess

Suess Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine the pain you are going through. I just lost a fiance to suicide on May 13 and that is hard enough. I am so sorry. To lose a son to suicide has to be 1000 times more horrific than what I am going through right now. Sending you prayers!!!
  11. late

late Member

I have a child and can not imagine how you feel. I wish I could off you you a cup of coffee or a help about the house until things change. I'm sorry we as a society can't do more to hold each other up.
  12. Concrete_Angel

Concrete_Angel Forum Buddy

:hug: I'm really sorry for your loss
  13. DarkLordVader

DarkLordVader Well-Known Member

first off, i am so sorry for your loss... secondly i can understand your pain, i lost my kids mother to suicide 4 years ago...
  14. Rosiecat

Rosiecat New Member

It is now 14 days since my son took his life. I feel like even though I am alive I am really gone. It feels like there is no air anymore. I am lost.

How are you coping?
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2014
  15. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Friend and Antiquities Friend Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hello Rosiecat

I have not suffered a loss of family to suicide, but I have lost close friends. So I know there is a big difference, but I wanted to respond to you. Grieving is a long process. And everyone grieves differently. For me, it was a matter of one step at a time, one hour at a time until I could breathe again. You will never completely be the same, but it will get better. I am hoping that a mother who has lost a child can answer your question more thoroughly from experience. But know this is a supportive community of people who are in all levels of wellness and there is much support here. Let me say I am so sorry for your loss, it must be so difficult to lose a child. I hope you find solace.

16. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm so deeply sorry for your loss. It's been 14 days, still very fresh. What kind of help are the doctors counsellors offering?
  17. My condolences to your family. life and death can hurt the heart beyond what a lot of people know. continue to smile for your family so that they can smile and have peace never forgotten.
  18. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

Stay strong Rosiecat. We are here for you. Please don't try to go through this alone. We are here, get help in any way possible (online IRL). God rest his soul, he is with GOD, know that.
  19. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I'm so sorry, to both liveordie and to Rosiecat. My stepdad died by suicide, it will be 21 years at the end of this month, and it still hurts. So I know what you are going through. If you need to talk about anything, I'll be here to listen.
  20. flowers

flowers Senior Member

liveordie? and Rosiecat, I am so deeply sorry for the pain beyond pain that you are feeling. I wish I had words to comfort. I am just deeply sorry for your loss