My Therapist Died

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadgirl2

The therapist I have been going to for the past year and a half died this past week. We clicked right away. She helped me so much. The past few days have been really tough. She had already set me up with a new therapist. I have gone a few times, but have not really opened up to her. She is the person who told me the news.

The last time I spoke to my old therapist was a couple weeks ago. She had me promise her that I would go to this new therapist. I did. I told her I would do if for her. She said that she would accept that. So I need to give this new one a chance. The funeral is today. I am not going, but did send a card to her family. I think that's all I can handle for now. I have lost alot of people in my life including two mothers, but don't remember being this upset. She just was a very special person to me.

I guess thats all I have to say. I know no one can bring her back.

I'm sorry to hear this and you're right, no one can bring her back but if you were to go to the funeral you may feel better that you had the chance to say goodbye but I'd understand if you didn't want to go. No one enjoys funerals and they are an event that no one looks forward to.

Your therapist seems to have had a good impact on you and that's good, it appears that she gained your trust and you may have even built a friendship with her. There are some good therapists out there. Of course no one can replace your old therapist but try and give this new therapist a chance. You're still upset that you're old therapist died so it's understandable if you don't jump into the therapy sessions right away, but give it time.

Take care of yourself.

sadgirl2

Thank you for your quick response. I actually feel like we said our goodbyes. That last time we spoke as she was telling me about the new T and that, I started crying and couldn't respond back to her. She asked me what was going on so while I was crying I told her I didn't want to lose her and then she started crying and said she didn't want to lose me either. She told me she loved and to please keep on talking.

sadgirl2

To top my night off, my ex just came over. Our divorce was just final the end of April so it hasn't been that long. He says he cannot make ends meet and doesn't know what to do. He said life was so much simpler when we were together before I split the family up. I had a will made up a couple months ago to make sure him and the kids would have enough money to make it. I feel like just giving in and ending my life so they can have what they need now that I have messed everything up. He says our daughter (she is 24 and is currently living with me). She is suppose to be moved out by November. He says she is afraid for me to live alone and feels like she has to mother me because I continue to cut and burn myself. I wasn't doing it for a long time, I have just had a relapse lately.

Me being gone would take care of all of it. I am really tired and cannot think anymore right now. I guess all the crying over losing my therapist has worn me out. I just don't know right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$130.00
Goal
$255.00