1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with posting images

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by texaskitty, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

How come when I post a link it just posts the link and not the image, see mine in Tuesday Feb. 13's Cafe for an example.

Thanks for help, as obviously I am pushing some wrong button!

2. JmpMster

JmpMster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

You are just putting in the links, you need to "tell" it to display the image instead of the link. The user guide has a few different ways to do attachments but here is the fast way for adding a simple photo -

[​IMG]

Click the "picture" in the tool bar circled in red in the photo above , then paste the web address into the pop up box as above, not into the message itself. (it is the same way just put in this image)

So type what want to say- and wherever want th image in your post stop type and click the "picture" beside the emoji smile button, the paste the wed address into the box.

Feel free to try it in this thread and if it works great, if not I will be able to see by going to edit what went wrong to figure it out together.

Dawn likes this.
  3. JmpMster

JmpMster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Also , I think you want just the picture, not the web page. If you copy the address from the top of the browser like in your post it takes you to the web page. To add just a photo you have to get the actual photo address. Do this by right clicking the photo, and then "copy image address" .

getting web adress of picture online.jpg

Paste that address into the into the box from above. You do not have to highlight or copy the actual address, just-

1. right click on picture,
    2. click on "copy image address"
    3. right click in the space for "image url" box from post above this one
    4. click "paste"

It will fill in the actual address.

Not sure if I am making better or worse at this point.... but feel free to message me and we can talk through it in a private chat too. Will literally take 3 seconds once you "get it" and be easiest thing in world.

Dawn likes this.
  4. texaskitty

5. texaskitty

umm I don't think I am doing it right
    [​IMG]
    oh I did it! yay!!!!!

Thanks Ben!

Dawn and shania like this.
  6. Walker

Walker Everything Zen Staff Member Safety & Support SF Social Media SF Supporter

I don't know what kind of device you're on, @texaskitty but if you can just straight copy and paste an image that'll work too. I don't do it by link myself. Just another idea for ya.

texaskitty likes this.
  7. Dawn

Dawn Well-Known Member

Thank u so much!! I keep trying to figure this out! Yesterday, I spent like 45 minutes trying before I gave up. I think it might be my phone tho because I was able to put pictures up a few times before. I will try this and was very helpful.

Walker likes this.
  8. Walker

Walker Everything Zen Staff Member Safety & Support SF Social Media SF Supporter

Hey, Texas -- I came back to check this thread and it occurs to me ... you can't post pics on all boards. Others you can find a work around if you're ultra talented but it's a pain. MOST boards do take photos but some don't so make sure when you're "practicing" posting them that you're in a place that allows them.

upload_2018-2-14_22-30-48.jpeg

Just wanted to post one to make sure this was an easy place to put them. You can just keep trying here. I can't think of where you can't do pics but the Gameroom comes to mind because we're all sad about not being able to post them.

9. texaskitty

Thanks @walkerbait95, I can post in the Cafe, and thats kinda what I was after, just to join in the fun there. Thanks for help and advice.

JmpMster and Walker like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.