New baby in the family

My new grandchild is here. As happy as I am, I can’t help but think she needs a better grandma. No ,ed has helped yet, therapy hasn’t done much either...ptsd, Ocd, anxiety and depression are killing me.....literally. In spite of this little angel, who is in another state so I won’t see her that often, I am ready to throw in the towel. Seeing my dr on the 3rd....need to just say it like it is....I am close to done. I have tried it all. Without self love, it is all for not...no magic pill for that.Thanks for listening...l.

Congratulations on the arrival of your grand daughter :)
I can’t help but think she needs a better grandma
What I've read on the forums suggests there are some truly horrible grandmas out there. Just by not being horrible, you're actually doing something quite good.

I hope the doctor can help, or there's a way you can find some self-love

Wishing you good things

Congratulations on the arrival of your grand daughter :)

What I've read on the forums suggests there are some truly horrible grandmas out there. Just by not being horrible, you're actually doing something quite good.

I hope the doctor can help, or there's a way you can find some self-love

Wishing you good things
Thanks....unless there is a pill for self loathing and acceptance, I am not sure there is much help for me. as I have said a million times, only a Benzo helps me. My ocd about past events is torture....I know my family would be destroyed so I hold on for a miracle,

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Congratulations on the birth of your grandchild. May she be happy and healthy. Enjoy your grand-bundle-of-joy. I know you will be a great grandma, don't doubt yourself so much, I know you have had a rough few months, maybe this is a turning point and you will enjoy the christening, the babysitting no doubt and you being there for her no matter what. I'm over-joyed for you but I am sad to hear the therapy and medications have not made much of a difference, I think time may heal, keep yourself distracted and focus on your preferred therapy, if therapy is not helping, maybe change the therapy type or therapist. But for now, hold that little girl and guide her through her childhood. Delighted for you. 🎈🎈🎈🎗

1598609812252.png

Congratulations on the birth of your grandchild. May she be happy and healthy. Enjoy your grand-bundle-of-joy. I know you will be a great grandma, don't doubt yourself so much, I know you have had a rough few months, maybe this is a turning point and you will enjoy the christening, the babysitting no doubt and you being there for her no matter what. I'm over-joyed for you but I am sad to hear the therapy and medications have not made much of a difference, I think time may heal, keep yourself distracted and focus on your preferred therapy, if therapy is not helping, maybe change the therapy type or therapist. But for now, hold that little girl and guide her through her childhood. Delighted for you. 🎈🎈🎈🎗

View attachment 37008
Thank you....we are thrilled. I keep plugging away at all of this....have to believe something will eventually ‘click’,..hope you are well.

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thanks....unless there is a pill for self loathing and acceptance, I am not sure there is much help for me. as I have said a million times, only a Benzo helps me. My ocd about past events is torture....I know my family would be destroyed so I hold on for a miracle,
Congratulations on your new grandchild - I've just welcomed the birth of my latest one too. I'm sad to hear you're still struggling so much but please don't give up as there are other therapies you might want to try. Have just been reading about acceptance and commitment therapy which is based on fully accepting the presence of unwanted feelings instead of trying to avoid or get rid of them, which is the instinctual response, and the understanding that there is an aspect of us which is distinct from them: https://positivepsychology.com/act-acceptance-and-commitment-therapy/

The site also provides and lists self help workbooks and other resources.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new grandchild - I've just welcomed the birth of my latest one too. I'm sad to hear you're still struggling so much but please don't give up as there are other therapies you might want to try. Have just been reading about acceptance and commitment therapy which is based on fully accepting the presence of unwanted feelings instead of trying to avoid or get rid of them, which is the instinctual response, and the understanding that there is an aspect of us which is distinct from them: https://positivepsychology.com/act-acceptance-and-commitment-therapy/

The site also provides and lists self help workbooks and other resources.
Thank you....My therapist actually suggested a book...The Happiness Trap...which speaks to acceptance and Commitment therapy. Will give it a go...why not? Congrats on your grandchild also. You are all very kind.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00