no reason to live

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDot

remember to drink plenty of water
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I don't have any goals in my life. I'm not passionate about anything. My therapist says I'm stuck in my isolated bubble. For the past ten years I've been telling myself "I'll be dead soon so nothing matters". I'm stuck in this mindset and don't see myself getting out. I just see things getting worse as I get older. I just don't see that I really have a reason to be here.

Sorry to hear that you are going through this JDot

I just don't see that I really have a reason to be here
It's possible to go from where you are now to feeling like you do have a reason to be here, because other people have done that before.

What's the best kind of help I can give to you right now?

Innocent Forever

πŸ’πŸ₯œπŸŒ
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Sending hugs and strength your way....
What would be a reason for you to be here? Like, giving to others? Proving it's possible? I don't know. Those are the only two I can think of. What would be a reason for YOU.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Making a difference in other peoples lives would be a reason
You sure make a difference to my life, thank you for being there for me in my time of need. You are a very special person to me, I would be devastated if you were no longer around. Your little niece and your sister need you too. You have a million and one reasons to keep living. So stay alive and share all of that education and life experience you have :)

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Just knowing you for a bit here, I like you around the forums. Cant imagine your presence in the outside world being different than in here being well liked by many. Give yourself a chance, take baby steps if needed! Many Goals are only temporary and everchanging so no need to fault yourself for not having one yet.

Big Hugs sent your way.

gell

You're making a great difference for those around you already. With everyday you're here you do make this world a better place. No good thing you do is wasted, it all contributes to a world that is without a doubt better than the version without you. So hold on, and let all the people here who love you and appreciate you support you too.

JDot

remember to drink plenty of water
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
thank you everyone for the replies. sometimes it's hard to believe in yourself. but it's easier to believe in someone else. and sometimes that's just what you need is someone to believe in you. thank you.

brknsilence

"Keep Moving Forward"-Meet The Robinsons movie
thank you everyone for the replies. sometimes it's hard to believe in yourself. but it's easier to believe in someone else. and sometimes that's just what you need is someone to believe in you. thank you.
We believe in you :) you can do this :) we are here every step of the way :) never alone

Miss Invisible

I don't have any goals in my life. I'm not passionate about anything. My therapist says I'm stuck in my isolated bubble. For the past ten years I've been telling myself "I'll be dead soon so nothing matters". I'm stuck in this mindset and don't see myself getting out. I just see things getting worse as I get older. I just don't see that I really have a reason to be here.

Miss Invisible

Hi JDot,
Just meeting you now. But I don't have alot friends and sometimes finding what you're passionate about doesn’t take thought or alot of theraputic scruity in that area. Let your body and mind relax, it will come to you. Life is not a race and you ARE worthy of life. Feel free to contact me if you wish. I have faith in you.

memyselfand1

University Student
Perhaps give yourself small goals in your phone every day to work towards

Get up from bed at 8am - set alarm clock
make breakfast - you can log what you eat on your mobile
Get washed and dressed
fed fido etc
do laundry and other housework
buy shopping
switch on radio
go for a walk in the morning

if you work, then schedule your work in calendar
write notes before meetings
check my emails - personal and work

if you don't work
register yourself on cv library
create cv,
send cv to potential employers

Television/leisure actvities/resting leave to 6pm
Rward yourself for everything positive you do, so your brain learns its okay to be positive, i get a good incentive. My fave drama is on netflix., I feel good i had a good day. it's about being productive with yourself

annotaine

What helped me was thinking of what I thought the best type of person to become was. Then I started studying everything I could about how to develop those qualities. This helped a lot because it gave me many road mark goals to apply myself toward. When I started meeting them, it gave me joy in accomplishment. Also, the process of thinking about the qualities a best person has, along with the process of applying effort to develop those qualities revealed a lot of the best activities I have ever done. You are wonderful. You hang in there like a champ and you are more than welcome to message me directly. Take the best care of yourself!

Coeur Brise

I am also struggling with thoughts of ending my life. I am backed into a corner at work and home. I can empathize with your feelings of things getting worse, but people obviously love and care about you. Like you, I need to find a way to climb out of the rabbit hole. Many people have suggested volunteering, a hobby, and accomplishing small goals. Helping people seems to be the key. Getting out of your own head. Doing things like that are incredibly difficult when you are feeling this way. I know so well. I don't want to tell my story here, I just wanted you o know that someone else feels this way too. You are not alone. keep fighting and try some of the excellent suggestions some very wise and caring people have posted here for you. If you would like to message me directly, please feel free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00