Nothing left

Lily16

I feel there is nothing left for me, I was searching for new methods to kill myself when I came across this web site and I appreciate the support I have found here. I have tried to find positives and I know suicide is not the answer but it feels like it is my only option. I can’t seem to find my way out of this funk I am in. I have tried to get help and have been through mental health service and therapists. I have tried online counselling and support groups. I have tried various techniques to ward off the blues also. Many support groups I have found outside of here are very superficial and only offer band aid solutions. I can’t talk to anyone in my life because no one wants to know heck even my therapist fobs me off if I even mention suicide. I want to talk about it, take it out of the shadows.

I feel there is nothing left for me, I was searching for new methods to kill myself when I came across this web site and I appreciate the support I have found here. I have tried to find positives and I know suicide is not the answer but it feels like it is my only option. I can’t seem to find my way out of this funk I am in. I have tried to get help and have been through mental health service and therapists. I have tried online counselling and support groups. I have tried various techniques to ward off the blues also. Many support groups I have found outside of here are very superficial and only offer band aid solutions. I can’t talk to anyone in my life because no one wants to know heck even my therapist fobs me off if I even mention suicide. I want to talk about it, take it out of the shadows.
Lily
You are taking the right steps by reaching out.
Have found a huge support group here. Talk to us we all can relate and understand.
Line GMody said keep looking for the right therapist.
Find a distraction even if it seems stupid or silly it helps.
Remember you are loved even if from afar.
Hugs we are here for you.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hi @Lily16 . I'm sorry you feel so empty right now. If I can make a suggestion, don't stop mentioning suicide to your therapist. If possible, I'd change them... but if not, you should persevere. Tell them it's important enough for you.
Also, no one wants to know in your life? Is that something they said? Because depression convinces us of that for sure, but most people would like to know. Just like you would listen to a friend if they felt this bad. It doesn't have to be everyone, it doesn't have to be that detailed, it can build progressively if you want it to... You are in control of what you say, and if you make sure they're comfortable enough by telling them what (not) to do (because they're not omniscient, perhaps it's the first time of their lives someone tells them something like that and it's not easy, but it can be entirely healthy for all), and tell them that you don't necessarily want to say all of it, I think they'll respect that and be glad you told them.
Of course, you can also talk to us, anytime. Always someone to listen. Don't stop. *console

Lily16

I gather you are young. Have you gone to a psychiatrist who can prescribe effective meds? Please do so. As far as therapists are concerned you need to find a right fit...a compassionate and caring one. I too have suicidal thoughts, trying to fight them.
Not young, I am over 40. I have been prescribed meds but didn’t want to take them as I have an aversion to swallowing tablets since my initial suicide attempt. I know crazy huh? <mod edit - method>
I agree a different therapist is probably what I should do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lily16

Lily
You are taking the right steps by reaching out.
Have found a huge support group here. Talk to us we all can relate and understand.
Line GMody said keep looking for the right therapist.
Find a distraction even if it seems stupid or silly it helps.
Remember you are loved even if from afar.
Hugs we are here for you.
Thank you, appreciate the support here and I agree distractions do help.

Lily16

Hi @Lily16 . I'm sorry you feel so empty right now. If I can make a suggestion, don't stop mentioning suicide to your therapist. If possible, I'd change them... but if not, you should persevere. Tell them it's important enough for you.
Also, no one wants to know in your life? Is that something they said? Because depression convinces us of that for sure, but most people would like to know. Just like you would listen to a friend if they felt this bad. It doesn't have to be everyone, it doesn't have to be that detailed, it can build progressively if you want it to... You are in control of what you say, and if you make sure they're comfortable enough by telling them what (not) to do (because they're not omniscient, perhaps it's the first time of their lives someone tells them something like that and it's not easy, but it can be entirely healthy for all), and tell them that you don't necessarily want to say all of it, I think they'll respect that and be glad you told them.
Of course, you can also talk to us, anytime. Always someone to listen. Don't stop. *console
I am not sure whether it is the depression telling me no one wants to know, it more than likely is. I just don’t know. It is a hard thing to talk to people about. I am glad I can talk to people here.

Lily16

I have just started therapy last Sunday. Tomorrow will be my second session. Focus is on stress and anxiety thru CBT... Cognitive behavior therapy. He is male and has over 20 years of experience. My first session went well.
My therapist gave me some homework to do with CBT, I haven’t had a chance to do it yet but I had a look at it. I will have another look at it.

GMody

Not young, I am over 40. I have been prescribed meds but didn’t want to take them as I have an aversion to swallowing tablets since my initial suicide attempt. I know crazy huh? <Mod edit - Method>
I agree a different therapist is probably what I should do.
Prescription meds are important. You need to take them, sorry no excuse. I have bipolar disorder and I take meds religiously. If I don't then my symptoms return. Yes, a good therapist you do need.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lily16

My therapist is gonna give me notes too so I need to follow them.
This is a whole new world for me, before the end of last year I was ok but then my world came crashing down. Now I feel I am in a hole and it is so hard to climb out. So easy to just keep falling. I will do my homework and try to climb out.

GMody

Nothing is easy. I too have had a rough life. I know people who are worse off than me. People who have severe physical health probs. Some give up, some fight it out. You need to fight. I am doing the same. I hope be psychotherapy, deep breathing and water techniq intake will help me. Change your therapist ASAP. There are good ones.

Lily16

Nothing is easy. I too have had a rough life. I know people who are worse off than me. People who have severe physical health probs. Some give up, some fight it out. You need to fight. I am doing the same. I hope be psychotherapy, deep breathing and water techniq intake will help me. Change your therapist ASAP. There are good ones.
Yes I think another change of therapist is in order.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00