One Thing to be Grateful for Each Day

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thank you and yes she is a remarkable woman who still does water exercises and though her short term memory is starting to go is looking forward to her 103rd b-day in October...
That's incredible. You have good genes, I hope ye have a wonderful time for her 103rd birthday, make each day count :)

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
@Petal and @Magalee I think her secret is a combination of always looking forward to/learning new things, she did not have an easy life with her husband who passed away now over 25 years ago who was abusive but she left that behind the bad memories, swimming every day {until a few years ago she swam 40 min non stop), always speaking her mind never bottles up what she's thinking), laughs easily, adjusting without regret to each new limitation as she's gotten older, loving getting new outfits that my husband finds for her online, in sum a simple joy of living every day to its fullest---she's an inspiration to me and feel so fortunate to be her daughter in law and also being so close to her that see her every week...

Magalee

Hold on to hope
@Petal and @Magalee I think her secret is a combination of always looking forward to/learning new things, she did not have an easy life with her husband who passed away now over 25 years ago who was abusive but she left that behind the bad memories, swimming every day {until a few years ago she swam 40 min non stop), always speaking her mind never bottles up what she's thinking), laughs easily, adjusting without regret to each new limitation as she's gotten older, loving getting new outfits that my husband finds for her online, in sum a simple joy of living every day to its fullest---she's an inspiration to me and feel so fortunate to be her daughter in law and also being so close to her that see her every week...
This touches my soul, I want to be like her....how does she speak her mind and not bottle things up? With my background this is difficult for me.

Kiwi2016

SF Pro
Yes she is amazing probably the most grounded balanced person I've ever met...her attitude is that she dosn't want to bottle things up cause she doesn't want all that negativity and anger kept inside...she doesn't lash out but speaks her mind in a rational calm fair way and let's the other person deal with it...I too have yet to figure out how to do this...

Magalee

Hold on to hope
Yes she is amazing probably the most grounded balanced person I've ever met...her attitude is that she dosn't want to bottle things up cause she doesn't want all that negativity and anger kept inside...she doesn't lash out but speaks her mind in a rational calm fair way and let's the other person deal with it...I too have yet to figure out how to do this...
I love this, hope I can learn the right amount of assertiveness. I'm either not enough or too much. Maybe you could start a thread about her!

Kiwi2016

SF Pro
Yes I too need to learn assertiveness...my lack of it landed me in the position I now find myself have an assertiveness book suggested by @nyjumpmaster that have to start working on again...like the idea of starting a thread on her but not sure what would be...just try to share some of her wisdom here as she has helped me in so many ways that she's not even aware of....

Femke

I was thankful because I met really nice new people. I'm helping a Syrian refugee a little bit with learning our language. He and his wife are so sweet. They asked what they could help me out with, they surprised me with a nice cake this day and they invited me to celebrate the meal after their fasting for Ramadan with them tomorrow. I am thankful for meeting such sweet and warm new people.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$110.00
Goal
$255.00