One Thing to be Grateful for Each Day

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Look, being a Liverpool supporter, I used to support Scotland when the likes of Souness, Dalglish, Hansen, Gillespise and "Chico" Nicol used to play for them!

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
This sounds cheesy, but I am happy and grateful to be dating someone I actually like. I cringe remembering how I felt obligated to date people I didn't like, due to the pressure of others.
I'm so happy for you that you found someone who you want to be with! It's not cheesy at all. It's necessary really. :) :)

I'm grateful I didn't feel like I needed to log in here first thing today. Probably the first time since I joined that this has been the case. Not 100% sure what changed from yesterday, the only thing I can put it down to is the amount of trust my daughter showed in me last night.

I heard a piece the other day on a parent who wanted access to their late son's digital legacy, so things like facebook, itunes, iphone etc, as it contained photos of him that they couldn't get by any other means. The companies in questions refuse to let them have access to the log in details or any of the content from the companies in question, and legally to date there's nothing that can be done for them, so all this has been lost to them

I said to my daughter last night that I would like her to write down all her log ons and passwords, put them in a sealed envelope so that at any time she can check to confirm they've not been looked at, and I'd put it in the safe for if something ever happened. She asked why, told her what I heard, she replied so you want me to make a death list, laughed, and then just wrote them all down and gave them to me. No sealed envelope, no request not to look at them, was even telling me what some were and how embarrassingly simple some of them were as she logged in and out of apps to make sure they were right.

I was pleased at the time, but even then I don't think I really appreciated how much it would mean to me, actually even when I started to type this I don't think I realised how much it means to me, I'm actually welling up a bit just typing this.

All the hurt that I've had that ended up with me joining this community has come from repeated betrayal of trust, and for a teenage girl I'm struggling to think of anything more personal to be trusted with than access to her whole digital life. All the personal messages from friends, those that want to be more than friends, are all open to me if I wanted to look. The fact that she trusts me so much to know I'd only use them in the circumstances that we discussed, I just can't really put into words how much that means to me. I really am very lucky indeed to have such a beautiful girl.

Magalee

Hold on to hope
I'm grateful I didn't feel like I needed to log in here first thing today. Probably the first time since I joined that this has been the case. Not 100% sure what changed from yesterday, the only thing I can put it down to is the amount of trust my daughter showed in me last night.

I heard a piece the other day on a parent who wanted access to their late son's digital legacy, so things like facebook, itunes, iphone etc, as it contained photos of him that they couldn't get by any other means. The companies in questions refuse to let them have access to the log in details or any of the content from the companies in question, and legally to date there's nothing that can be done for them, so all this has been lost to them

I said to my daughter last night that I would like her to write down all her log ons and passwords, put them in a sealed envelope so that at any time she can check to confirm they've not been looked at, and I'd put it in the safe for if something ever happened. She asked why, told her what I heard, she replied so you want me to make a death list, laughed, and then just wrote them all down and gave them to me. No sealed envelope, no request not to look at them, was even telling me what some were and how embarrassingly simple some of them were as she logged in and out of apps to make sure they were right.

I was pleased at the time, but even then I don't think I really appreciated how much it would mean to me, actually even when I started to type this I don't think I realised how much it means to me, I'm actually welling up a bit just typing this.

All the hurt that I've had that ended up with me joining this community has come from repeated betrayal of trust, and for a teenage girl I'm struggling to think of anything more personal to be trusted with than access to her whole digital life. All the personal messages from friends, those that want to be more than friends, are all open to me if I wanted to look. The fact that she trusts me so much to know I'd only use them in the circumstances that we discussed, I just can't really put into words how much that means to me. I really am very lucky indeed to have such a beautiful girl.
This is the first post I've read today and it's nice to read such a heartwarming story to get my day started. You must be a great dad.:)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00