Overweight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scully

First, I want to say people I love, it's not for their weight. And I know other people like me. OKay, so if it's just because of others, drop them, they suck s**t.

If it's because you feel unwell... it's not always because of your weight, i mean you dn't need to have a very serious disease (mental or physical) to be overweighed (or in yoyo, like I say). Bad habbits yeah... Okay, if you can manage that, it'll work... for a while, because the first problem is emotional. So it comes back.

I know because I'm used to losing weight, taking weight, etc etc... Lately I'm about 6kg above my "normal" weight.

Well, maybe I'm completely off my head, but diet, sport etc, is good, and healthy, I won't fight this because it's true, but if the emotional trigger isn't taken care of, it'll come back, and will mentally put you down more (I know that, 15 years like that...)

I know it's hard to love yourself when all you see around you are thin pretty girls. But lots of then don't eat, some are sick, some don't realize what they'll be in some years. Put off the make-up... I mean, I know it's hard when you don't love yourself physically too. But there's so much about a being to value, especially around over, there's a concentration of good people. Never known that before.

I have a friend, she's very overweight, because of emotional probelms and stress. Once a girly mocked her with a friend, but low. I walked to them, and I told them if Dada would pay for they teeth like for their mobile phone, pants and studies. Bitch. Don't hide, they're wrong not you.

That's what I had to say. Shallow people get on my nerves big time.

Kate, the others, overweight or not, I love you like you are.

Chargette

I comfort eat too. Last night a half bag of cookies. (I'm amazed I stopped at half) My regular meals are mostly okay. I know the rules about food, which ingredients to avoid, calorie count etc. I've been chewing more gum because I quit smoking and it hasn't been so bad, but last night I did it again.

Arrrrgggggh!

I know people mean well telling us not to lose weight for others and stuff. But I can 110% say I am doing it for myself.

The number one reason I am on here - a suicide forum - is because of my weight.
If that isn't incentive enough to lose it, I don't know what is.

I had a friend who lose the same amount of weight I want to lose because she was bulimic. I see that isn't the right way to go about things and I also realise there's no point being slim if you're not healthy, which is why we're going to do this the right way - healthy eating and lots of exercise. :)

Emphasis on the eating (I couldn't bloody starve myself if I tried!)

NoGood

I love me too - i just wanna have nice clothes to match my insides :)

I know im a good person :) I just want to be able to walk into any shop, see something, pick it up, buy it! lol

I think if im more comfortable in myself, i will have more confidence and that is a trigger for my downers :)

Thanks Dana

Linds - lets do this!!!!! hahaha. Im not going to weigh myself every week, i get more satisfaction when my clothes are loose than by numbers on the scales and sometimes the numbers can be unhealthy. I might just weigh myself once a month. I actually dont even own a scales here haha.

You're probably right actually! I read somewhere weighing yourself constantly can be bad. My scales are the first thing you see when you walk to the kitchen, so in a way they're in a good place cos you can't help but to step on and it sorta stops you from going in the fridge.
I don't think I'll be able to help myself! But I tell you what... a mate of mine said if you're not sweating from every orifice, you're not working out hard enough. So disgusting as that is, I'm gonna keep that in mind when I go down the gym on Monday. hahaha! Maybe report back on progress at the start of December?

NoGood

Well i set up the diary so we can start entering from now :) Id say it will be comical - we might get a book deal from it when we are Fabulous and skinny darlin lol

Scully

I sure didn't want to upset you girls. It's only concern. I wish you luck in your journey.

Just diets, it's shit, just eating healthy is enough.

Good luck girls, I know you can make it. You've got all my support.

I sure didn't want to upset you girls. It's only concern. I wish you luck in your journey.

Just diets, it's shit, just eating healthy is enough.

Good luck girls, I know you can make it. You've got all my support.
I know you're just concerned hun, thanks! It's nice that someone cares to be honest. :hug:

If I became bulimic my mum would probably just say something along the lines of "whatever you're doing - keep it up". Even while hearing me vom in the bathroom.

Rayne

I was thinking about you all a little earlier this morning. Not sure if you were planning to or not, but it might be an idea to take vitamin supplements every morning. Even super healthy diets can be a little lacking in things here and there - just something to consider. I'm taking Berocca tablets at the moment and they're fantastic :)

Good luck with the weight loss, I'm sure it'll go brilliantly~! You'll probably lose a lot in the first week because you'll be retaining less water, which is always a little encouraging at least =P

:hugtackles:

someone uk

i am not overweight but i used to be
i do understand it's an uphill struggle but it's usually a matter of willpower,
i used to exercise alot (didn't diet at all), believe it or not usually the slow and easy exercises such as walking or having a cycling machine on low are the best ways to lose weight
try things such as having a cycleing machine on low and whist watching tv, it becomes easy to forget you're cycleing

as i said it was an uphill struggle to lose weight but i can tell you of a time i went to the pub and my trousers fell to my ankles, i never thought 10 people laughing at me could feel so good
and once you lose the weight you do have to try and keep on top of it, i mean i sometimes notice a spare tire comeing back every so often but it becomes easier once you lose the weight

i wish you all the best of luck :smile:

Mikeintx

You know what sod it... let's go for it! Monday!!!!

Okay my aim for Nov 22nd (end of the week) is to have shed 2lbs. It aint much but it's a bloody hell of a lot! :sparkle:

Aurora, your enthusiasm is awesome, but I would encourage you not to put a whole lot of emphasis into pounds lost at first. If your weight has been an issue for a long time you may have better progress by changing some of your thoughts towards weightloss and dieting in general.

For instance, what happens if you do not make that 2 pounds the first week? Will you be down on yourself? The fact you are on this forum leads me to believe you most likely have an issue with negative self-talk(forgive me if I am off base here). This may sabotage you right at the beginning of the diet.

The amount of weight you lose each week(and day really, hell hour to hour can be drastic too) can vary greatly depending upon your diet. For example just dropping carbohydrates and sodium intake in your diet may lead to a drop of 5 lbs the first week you are on it, but the majority will only be water. If you have a higher carb, higher sodium meal before you weigh in the next week, it may appear you have lost much less than you anticipated.

This is one of the many reasons I urge you to look at changing your behaviors and thoughts regarding food. For example, maybe the first week you could celebrate sticking to 3 whole meals a day on a regular schedule. The second week you could celebrate cutting a certain food or drink out in replacing it with a healthier alternative. The next week you could celebrate eating a certain amount of protein with each of those three meals. These types of changes will have you celebrating the lifestyle, and the weightloss will be a secondary effect.

If you begin to love the journey, and not just the end result, what will feel like work to others will be a fun and empowering experience for you. How great would it be to never have to diet again because you found a lifestyle choice that you enjoy and one that also keeps you at a healthy weight? To no longer have to be a slave to the misleading fitness industry?

Good luck with your goals :)

Thanks for that Mike!

I think a lot of people on here have advised me not to weigh myself (at least not for a while anyway) and to avoid massive goals to begin with. Maybe just change things slowly and easily.

So you're right. Today I did something I haven't done in a while to be honest. I hate breakfast, I had the recommended 5 a day fruits and veg, and I didn't eat until I FELT hungry.

So I think I'm onto a good start.

To be honest, much as me and Kate joke about cake and doughnuts and chocolate and ice cream sundaes and ... yeah you get the picture. lol. I don't eat that much.
I am guilty of comfort eating but I find that at any one time I need an obsession, it'd be easy for me to project my 'obsession' with food on to something else. So I'm already trying to focus that comfort thing with food onto exercise. And find comfort there.

Exercise has always been my main problem, because I am so freakin lazy.
Food is not an issue at all, I know I can control myself there, but exercise. Any advice on how to give myself a kick up the butt would be greatly appreciated!

Mikeintx

You are definately onto a good start :)

As far as exercise goes, my main recommendation is to train for performance and the results will come :) I bought a cheap exercise bike at walmart that I use for my cardiovascular work. It was only a hundred bucks and has a built in heart monitor.

What I do is set the monitor to display my heart rate so I can focus on the target I want to hit for that session. I listen to music while I do the session and before I start I tell myself I will listen to a certain amount of songs before checking the time. Makes it sooooo much easier to get it done enjoying the music and not having the time stare at you the whole time ;) Whatever cardio type of exercise you do I would recommend using a heart rate monitor and keeping your heart rate between 65-70 percent of your max heart rate to start(to figure your max take 220 and subtract your age).

Have fun :)

NoGood

A WOMAN'S WEEK AT THE GYM

Dear Diary,
For my birthday this year, my husband gave me a week of personal training at the local health club.
Although I am still in great shape since being a high school football cheerleader 43 years ago, I decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and give it a try.
I called the club and made my reservations with a personal trainer named Christo, who identified himself as a 26-year-old aerobics instructor and model for athletic clothing and swim wear.
Friends seemed pleased with my enthusiasm to get started! The club encouraged me to keep a diary to chart my progress.
Started my day at 6:00 a.m. Tough to get out of bed, but found it was well worth it when I arrived at the health club to find Christo waiting for me. He is something of a Greek god-- with blond hair, dancing eyes, and a dazzling white smile. Woo Hoo!!
Christo gave me a tour and showed me the machines.. I enjoyed watching the skillful way in which he conducted his aerobics class after my workout today. Very inspiring!
Christo was encouraging as I did my sit-ups, although my gut was already aching from holding it in the whole time he was around. This is going to be a FANTASTIC week!!
I drank a whole pot of coffee, but I finally made it out the door. Christo made me lie on my back and push a heavy iron bar into the air then he put weights on it! My legs were a little wobbly on the treadmill, but I made the full mile. His rewarding smile made it all worthwhile. I feel GREAT! It's a whole new life for me.
The only way I can brush my teeth is by laying the toothbrush on the counter and moving my mouth back and forth over it. I believe I have a hernia in both pectorals. Driving was OK as long as I didn't try to steer or stop. I parked on top of a GEO in the club parking lot.
Christo was impatient with me, insisting that my screams bothered other club members.. His voice is a little too perky for that early in the morning and when he scolds, he gets this nasally whine that is VERY annoying.
My chest hurt when I got on the treadmill, so Christo put me on the stair monster. Why the hell would anyone invent a machine to simulate an activity rendered obsolete by elevators? Christo told me it would help me get in shape and enjoy life. He said some other shit too.
Asshole was waiting for me with his vampire-like teeth exposed as his thin, cruel lips were pulled back in a full snarl. I couldn't help being a half an hour late-- it took me that long to tie my shoes.
He took me to work out with dumbbells. When he was not looking, I ran and hid in the restroom. He sent some skinny bitch to find me.
Then, as punishment, he put me on the rowing machine-- which I sank.
I hate that bastard Christo more than any human being has ever hated any other human being in the history of the world. Stupid, skinny, anemic, anorexic, little aerobic instructor. If there was a part of my body I could move without unbearable pain, I would beat him with it.
Christo wanted me to work on my triceps. I don't have any triceps! And if you don't want dents in the floor, don't hand me the damn barbells or anything that weighs more than a sandwich.
The treadmill flung me off and I landed on a health and nutrition teacher. Why couldn't it have been someone softer, like the drama coach or the choir director?
Satan left a message on my answering machine in his grating, shrilly voice wondering why I did not show up today. Just hearing his voice made me want to smash the machine with my planner; however, I lacked the strength to even use the TV remote and ended up catching eleven straight hours of the Weather Channel..
I'm having the Church van pick me up for services today so I can go and thank GOD that this week is over. I will also pray that next year my husband will choose a gift for me that is fun-- like a root canal or a hysterectomy. I still say if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have sprinkled the floor with diamonds!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00