• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Physical pain severity scale

Leesa

Well-Known Member
i'm at a 9 I can't stand sit or lay down for more than a short time. it is only temporary I know this. I took my pain meds my breakthrough pain meds and may have to take even more. this happens almost every f@cking day and i'm tired of it. I feel so alone in this. only people that suffer chronic pain and severe pain can truly understand. I realize I have a lot of friends that truly care and some very close friends. there are a few that understand but I don't want to trigger them by telling the truth. today I actually figured out a way to end the pain but fought and am fighting it. how can I start at a 1 with normal pain 5 or 6 range and end up here? if only I could go for a few days with no or little pain I could maybe reset. but don't worry I will get the pain down again as I do every day, and be safe for another day, but what about tomorrow or the day after. I will lose this fight one day. I feel like i'm at the edge of a cliff all alone and can't let anybody pull me back for fear of them going over the cliff with me. those that know chronic and severe pain know what i'm talking about
😔
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Mike, am so very sorry. And so angry that our medical system can't help you and won't give you the meds that could bring some relief. I used to get cluster headaches. Would go to bed every night totally afraid because I knew I would wake up in the middle of the night with another one. So I do understand you dread of another day. Just waiting for that pain to smack you down again. Knowing it will happen. It is a horrible way to face the next day. Please take care of yourself and know that you are loved.
thanks bear I really appreciate it i'm finally down to a 5 *stars. i'm lucky that no matter how bad the spikes get I can get the pain under control in 2 or 3 hours. thank you again for your concern and empathy...mike....*hug
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I live in a townhouse. I've had really good neighbors and really bad. I pounded and kicked the wall, which only made me hurt more. After 90 minutes (11pm) I got a sheet, a blanket, my pillows and got on the floor. I don't think I've slept on the floor since I was a teenager. I don't know that they even realize how loud it was. My wall was shaking. I left a note on their gate today explaining it wasn't a 'complaint' but rather I wanted to bring it to their attention and ask they keep it turned down at night. I don't want animosity.

I've lived in apartments with paper thin walls. I was just hurting so much already. If I'm going to 'pay the price' for something, it should be from something I indulged in and not my neighbors watching an action movie.
I live in an apartment and have a very powerful surround sound system. I keep it at a very reasonable level almost all the time but once in a while with the right movie, like star trek , I raise the volume but not real loud. and after 9pm I always lower the volume to the lowest that I can comfortably hear it. people should always try to be considerate of their neighbors....mike...*hug
 

Leesa

Well-Known Member
I live in an apartment and have a very powerful surround sound system. I keep it at a very reasonable level almost all the time but once in a while with the right movie, like star trek , I raise the volume but not real loud. and after 9pm I always lower the volume to the lowest that I can comfortably hear it. people should always try to be considerate of their neighbors....mike...*hug
When I was in my 20s I lived next to an older woman and in the middle of the night I would constantly be woken up by The Golden Girls theme song. I learned Frank Sinatra died while she was watching Good Morning America or something.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
When I was in my 20s I lived next to an older woman and in the middle of the night I would constantly be woken up by The Golden Girls theme song. I learned Frank Sinatra died while she was watching Good Morning America or something.
I've had those neighbors old and no hearing aid. I would have complained but she wouldn't have heard me anyhow lol.....mike...*hug
 

Leesa

Well-Known Member
I've had those neighbors old and no hearing aid. I would have complained but she wouldn't have heard me anyhow lol.....mike...*hug
I tried to go over to introduce myself and even offer to move the TV or get some of those headphones so she could hear it and no one else would but she never answered the door. I asked the apartment manager and she told him she didn't have a TV in there (?!). I bought insulation at Home Depot to put in the closet to he soundproof it but nothing worked.
 

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Not the best pain day. At the moment maybe a 6. I'm tired, I mean really tired. I laid down and the pain greatly intensified. Waited it out for an hour, hoping it would ease or subside. Nope. So here I am. It's less intense while I'm sitting up. Painsomnia, it's a real thing. I'm just whining. It's really not that different than most days lately. I'm just tired.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Not the best pain day. At the moment maybe a 6. I'm tired, I mean really tired. I laid down and the pain greatly intensified. Waited it out for an hour, hoping it would ease or subside. Nope. So here I am. It's less intense while I'm sitting up. Painsomnia, it's a real thing. I'm just whining. It's really not that different than most days lately. I'm just tired.
i'm sorry that you're suffering so much today. and yes chronic pain does make you tired. and when you lay down it usually gets worse as well as you are thinking of it more. try to watch a movie that will really engage you while trying to sleep, It will take your mind off of the pain for a bit. if you need to talk my inbox is always open....mike...*console*hug
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
this is my second day with a 7 with spikes to 9 and occasionally 10 I hope it comes down tomorrow. ouch lol
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top