• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Physical pain severity scale

Leesa

Well-Known Member
5. I went to the pain treatment center and didn't receive treatment today. Last week they gave me an RX for muscle relaxers. I wouldn't try them because I didn't know if they would make me too groggy to drive. They were going to start pain blockers today but told me last week I would chart my pain for three to four days afterwards. They suggested I have a driver today in case I felt queasy from the pain blockers. So, I took a muscle relaxer last night because I figured I'd come home and sleep if necessary. I found a ride and that's not easy. I took one of the muscle relaxers last night. It did not take away the pain at all. It made me tired and gave me a splitting headache. I got to the pain clinic and they told me I would need to do things that aggravated my pain and chart it for 6 hours. There's no way I could do normal actually because I couldn't stay awake. So now I've had to reschedule for next week. And they said I won't need a driver. Makes me even more depressed. Why do I try?
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
i'm sorry that you have to go through this @Leesa it's a hard but necessary process. they have to try the methods that are mild and with lower side effects first and work their way up. since it's much harder to get opioids these days it's only a last resort. I hope they find something that works for you with little or no side effects. please try to be patient, I know it's difficult..mike...*console*hug
 

Leesa

Well-Known Member
i'm sorry that you have to go through this @Leesa it's a hard but necessary process. they have to try the methods that are mild and with lower side effects first and work their way up. since it's much harder to get opioids these days it's only a last resort. I hope they find something that works for you with little or no side effects. please try to be patient, I know it's difficult..mike...*console*hug
I won't take opioids. My issue with this is that they failed to communicate properly which made me lose a whole day and put me behind schedule.
 

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
It's about a 5 today. It's been pretty manageable lately, so I don't feel like I can complain to much about that. Trying to get through it until my body decides to cooperate again.
 

Xanthas

Well-Known Member
Days are usually in 3-5range with spikes to 7/8.

Currently, my neck is a 5. I can barely look up to see what I'm typing.

My left arms is a 3 or 4. Just from holding my tablet.

Everything I do requires negotiating with pain.
 

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Every summer I am spoiled by a lack of attacks of this bullshit nerve pain, and I almost convince myself it isn't that bad. And then as soon as it gets remotely chilly outside I have a bad one and it's just so disheartening. I am thankful I don't have chronic ongoing pain like I know many of you do. But last night I was at a good 7-8 for an hour or so, and it's exhausting and I don't want to worry about this every time I have go to outside.
 

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
4-5 I would take more meds, but I don't want to fog up my brain right now. We'll see how I feel later, I might change my mind.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$255.00
Top