Possibly on the street tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandleLight

I came to stay with my friends for the weekend all the way back on March 13th. So, needless to say, they've been gracious. I haven't had anywhere else at all to go, I've been homeless now for about a year. I keep waiting to get into this homeless shelter, and agonzing over other leads. But what can they do? They need their house back. And frankly, I find Daniel very upsetting much of the time. So it's best for me to go. And you know, they're asking me to anyway. I'm pretty scared. I see my therapist tomorrow and hope she can get me into this 1-day crisis clinic. So maybe I'll at least have a place indoors to sleep. I hope.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I hope you do find somewhere to stay hun! Life can be cruel sometimes :( I feel for you. I really do, if you ever want to chat just PM me. ((sending gentle hugs your way))

ThePhantomLady

Safety and Support
SF Supporter
I am really sorry to hear this.

I hope you stay safe and take care of yourself, and I really hope your therapist can help you.

*hugs* I wish I had a magic solution for you

CandleLight

I had to leave my friends' house this morning. I don't know what to do. Hoping my therapist can help. On top of it all, I'm developing a cold and can't swallow comfortably. A man at the subway had a cardboard sign that said "HUNGRY". I gave him one of my last 2 mini brownies, which was my food for the whole day. I wanted to cry.

Flying Fox

Upside-down Hugger
SF Supporter
I am so sorry - No one should have to go through this and you are a very sweet person from what I have seen of your posts! I really hope that you find some place nice and warm to stay for at least some time, and hopefully a permanent place too. It is a crying shame that there are so many houses empty to foreclosure and housing developments being built while there are still people on the street without homes. Giving your last food to another person was a very noble thing of you (huggles) and I hope the same kindness finds it way back to you.

mpk

I'm sorry about your situation yet what strikes me is you are in a situation and gave something to someone else. I am not religious yet it shows you are a good person. I would hope I would have the same humility in the same situation.
Becoming homeless is a real fear of mine and I don't know if I would survive.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Wow. Just checked into this thread. Hope things are alright and wishing I could teleport a plate of hot food for you and more brownies for you and the homeless guy.

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Hope things are looking up for you. I have seen the homeless on city streets. Not fun. But if you do wind up there, remember that it is only temporary. Reach out for help to everyone you can think of. And don't forget the local churches. They often provide a roof for people who need a hand.

CandleLight

I am now in a residential mental health program. I saw my therapist on Tuesday and told her what I was going through, and that I needed a referral to the crisis clinic.

The crisis clinic can be a harmful place depending upon how burned out the staff are that day. Staff can be downright mean and uncaring. But when I got there, after I got escalated and angry for a bit, a staff person I don't really like actually helped me out. I think it helped a lot that I tried to see things from her perspective, and she ended up being an advocate for me to get into an ADU (Acute Diversion Unit).

The Homeless Outreach Team (HOT) even came to drive me from the crisis clinic to the ADU/ residential mental health program. So I arrived safely.

I am here until the 10th. It's pretty calm. They're understaffed but the other residents are pretty nice. You have to lock up your belongings and a new resident here makes me extra cautious, but it's a pretty decent place to be if I have to be feeling this way.

Beautiful Disaster

π·π‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘€π‘›π‘–π‘›π‘” 𝑖𝑛 π‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘–π‘›π‘€π‘Žπ‘£π‘’π‘ 
SF Supporter
So good the hear you have found a place! Keep us updated! Take care :)

Brian777

Safety and Support
SF Artist
SF Supporter
I'm so glad you're okay, also I'm so sad you're in this whole situation. If I were rich I'd get you and everyone else in need a home. It breaks my heart this world is so damned cold. Take care of yourself my friend and let us know you're okay when you can. ((Hugs))
Your friend
Brian

CandleLight

I have 2 more days in the program, and then I'm back to square one. I have no idea what I'm going to do.

I was interviewed and accepted to a 90-day program after this one, but I can't afford the out-of-pocket costs. The director there literally told me to 1. move out of San Francisco and 2. get a job. How utterly heartless and totally stupid.

My services and entire support system is here, and the surrounding areas are *also* very unaffordable. So it's not like I can afford like, Oakland or anywhere else. Nevermind that I am disabled so cannot navigate a smaller town with limited bus service. As for a job, it's like "OH I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT!" Holy crap, if I was at all stable enough for a job right one I would get one.

So, yet again, I can't get the help I need.

mpk

It is tough that the services that are supposed to help someone in your position can't or won't and that they make comments that make a person feel even worse off.
Have you tried goodwill or Salvation Army. I hope you find the help you need

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'm sorry that person was heartless and inconsiderate but please try and move on from it. What ARE your options right now? I am so sorry you are going through this. My heart aches for you hun :( I am always around if you want a chat.

lightning05

I'm so sorry that you are dealing with all of this. It is horrible that so many people don't have places to stay or food to eat when homes are foreclosed every day and food is constantly wasted. You seem like a genuinely nice person, giving your brownies away to someone else. I hope with all of my being that you can get in somewhere safely! Someone above mentioned churches. I know a lot of them have soup kitchens and things like that daily and at the least weekly. I don't know your orientation, but have you tried going to an LGBT center? I know that a lot of LGBT people are homeless (especially in San Francisco) and that those places help find housing and shelter for people. Best of luck to you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00