• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

post your major complaint here

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Just thinking I'm a bad person and not capable of doing anything. I was yelling at my nephew, and he can get on my nerves sometimes, but I don't want him to be made to feel bad.
you are not a bad person. yelling is sometimes the only way to get a child to understand. you should always try calm comminication first but it sometimes can't be helped

mike....*hug*shake
 

Lisa the Ferrociraptor

I'm all things, and so are you
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I had an appointment with a mental health nurse booked for Thursday. And with recent events in my life, i really could have done with that chance to get a space to talk some pretty major things out. But my dad just had go visit my nephews and bring back a really nasty bug, so i've just had to cancel cos i'm too sick, and i'm not gonna get better in time. And because he also just had to go to one of their birthdays this last weekend, then one of their friends' next weekend, then go see them a couple of weekends after that, it seemed pointless to try and rebook it, cos i have no clue when i'm actually going to get a chance to stop feeling like shit. He's infected me with 3 different bugs in the last month, cos he's constantly going over there. He's going to keep going out, catching bugs because children are little germ factories, and then inevitably come back here and give them to me, because my immune system is pathetic.

So i guess i'm just not gonna get any of the therapy i really kinda need if i'm being honest. Because my happiness and emotional wellbeing don't matter i guess.
The last round of therapy i had also ended early because of him. As soon as it felt like we were making progress, he had a medical issue i'm not gonna describe for his privacy, but it meant i was too busy worrying about him to focus on my own issues, and i didn't feel right asking him to drive me to my appointments. And he'd convinced me not to do the appointments over the phone, to do them in person. So i just stopped going.
Which i didn't begrudge at the time, but now that he's managed to sabotage 2 of my attempts to get help in a row, it's starting to feel like he's trapping me here, in this bed, to rot. And i just know that if things degrade to the point where i off myself, i'll be the bastard because "why wouldn't he just go talk to a professional?"

Last night i felt like i might actually choke to death, cos between my asthma and this bug, i couldn't breathe properly no matter what i did, and i started feeling really lightheaded, my lips were tingling, and i was seeing spots. And right now i sorta wish i had, cos i'm sick of feeling in pain and like my needs don't matter.
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
So i guess i'm just not gonna get any of the therapy i really kinda need if i'm being honest. Because my happiness and emotional wellbeing don't matter i guess.
Your wellbeing does matter. @Optimistic Goatman hugs. That's a good part of virtual hugs I won't give or get germs. : ) I don't have the right words to convey how much I hope you find a way to get the therapy. And I hope your immune system can get some help too. Are you taking, at least, C & D3? Those are basic and inexpensive micronutrients which could help.
 

Lisa the Ferrociraptor

I'm all things, and so are you
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Your wellbeing does matter. @Optimistic Goatman hugs. That's a good part of virtual hugs I won't give or get germs. : ) I don't have the right words to convey how much I hope you find a way to get the therapy. And I hope your immune system can get some help too. Are you taking, at least, C & D3? Those are basic and inexpensive micronutrients which could help.
Yeah, i'm taking a multivitamin every day, have been for a good while. I'm also drinking plenty of fluids, and getting plenty of sleep. I even suspended my diet until i'm feeling better, cos i'm doing everything i can to make this bug pass quicker. The worst symptom, my extremely sore throat, has at least eased today, although everything else still feels awful, and my mental state is dreadful.
 

MisterBGone

~\_✅`,')
SF Supporter
Yeah, i'm taking a multivitamin every day, have been for a good while. I'm also drinking plenty of fluids, and getting plenty of sleep. I even suspended my diet until i'm feeling better, cos i'm doing everything i can to make this bug pass quicker. The worst symptom, my extremely sore throat, has at least eased today, although everything else still feels awful, and my mental state is dreadful.
Sometimes taking the vitamins individually can help, and make a difference, other times not so much. The one's like she's mentioned are good: both of them. If you can identify which are most beneficial to you, you may be able to get more of each than in a multivitamin (or they may work more effectively for you). Is there a feasible way for you to keep your appt. w/your therapist, and just to have it done by some other means? Whether that be virtually, or by phone, some other form of messaging or texting? Just thinking out loud here, and realizing that you may have already covered & encompassed all of these things. So good-luck to you no matter what! And that's why I'm happy I'm almost never around kids~
 
I had an appointment with a mental health nurse booked for Thursday. And with recent events in my life, i really could have done with that chance to get a space to talk some pretty major things out. But my dad just had go visit my nephews and bring back a really nasty bug, so i've just had to cancel cos i'm too sick, and i'm not gonna get better in time. And because he also just had to go to one of their birthdays this last weekend, then one of their friends' next weekend, then go see them a couple of weekends after that, it seemed pointless to try and rebook it, cos i have no clue when i'm actually going to get a chance to stop feeling like shit. He's infected me with 3 different bugs in the last month, cos he's constantly going over there. He's going to keep going out, catching bugs because children are little germ factories, and then inevitably come back here and give them to me, because my immune system is pathetic.

So i guess i'm just not gonna get any of the therapy i really kinda need if i'm being honest. Because my happiness and emotional wellbeing don't matter i guess.
The last round of therapy i had also ended early because of him. As soon as it felt like we were making progress, he had a medical issue i'm not gonna describe for his privacy, but it meant i was too busy worrying about him to focus on my own issues, and i didn't feel right asking him to drive me to my appointments. And he'd convinced me not to do the appointments over the phone, to do them in person. So i just stopped going.
Which i didn't begrudge at the time, but now that he's managed to sabotage 2 of my attempts to get help in a row, it's starting to feel like he's trapping me here, in this bed, to rot. And i just know that if things degrade to the point where i off myself, i'll be the bastard because "why wouldn't he just go talk to a professional?"

Last night i felt like i might actually choke to death, cos between my asthma and this bug, i couldn't breathe properly no matter what i did, and i started feeling really lightheaded, my lips were tingling, and i was seeing spots. And right now i sorta wish i had, cos i'm sick of feeling in pain and like my needs don't matter.
Just a few suggestions for the current physical challenges:
Zinc for a week at least, Vitamin C 1000 to 2000 mg daily, can break it into 2 daily doses, Tumeric/curcumin whatever form you want to take that, Zero dairy, magnesium at night to assist if you are having trouble sleeping or relaxing. And some elderberry syrup or elixir or gummies for a week or two. Just a start....if you have any interest in this or any more input then pm me if you like. None of the above should adversely react with any asthma medications you might be taking. No added sugars if that's included as a part of your usual intake.
 
Last edited:
I just spoke with an old friend that called today. We've been out of touch for about 3 years. She and her husband moved to Conroe, a town right north of Houston in the next county so we are about 60 miles apart now. In our talk she shared that her home taxes continued to DECREASE in the 4 years she's lived there and that she's only paying $500 a year. I almost dropped the phone. I'm happy for her and I want to know why a city that is well populated, not poor and well structured and considered a bedroom community to Houston is paying 10% of what I do. And they keep increasing every year like a couple of other towns we bump up against around here as well. And we are for all intents and purpose considered an extension of southwest Houston even though it's another town, there's really no separation from Houston geographically. I'm absolutely baffled. And mad.
 
Last edited:
I just spoke with an old friend that called today. We've been out of touch for about 3 years. She and her husband moved to Conroe, a town right north of Houston in the next county so we are about 60 miles apart now. In our talk she shared that her home taxes continued to DECREASE in the 4 years she's lived there and that she's only paying $500 a year. I almost dropped the phone. I'm happy for her and I want to know why a city that is well populated, not poor and well structured and considered a bedroom community to Houston is paying 10% of what I do. And they keep increasing every year like a couple of other towns we bump up against around here as well. And we are for all intents and purpose considered an extension of southwest Houston even though it's another town, there's really no separation from Houston geographically. I'm absolutely baffled. And mad.
That's crazy and I don't blame you for being mad. You may wish to search online for "property tax relief for seniors," homeowner grants, tax deferral and discounts. I mean we have several programs here but they are all pretty well known. My husband is turning 65 this year so we will qualify for the seniors' discount and also the principal residence discount (the latter is for people who also live in the property they own).
 
That's crazy and I don't blame you for being mad. You may wish to search online for "property tax relief for seniors," homeowner grants, tax deferral and discounts. I mean we have several programs here but they are all pretty well known. My husband is turning 65 this year so we will qualify for the seniors' discount and also the principal residence discount (the latter is for people who also live in the property they own).
I took advantage of any senior reductions and other discounts in the county available to me a couple of years ago...it didn't do much, reduced the school tax charges a little bit. And with annual increases it's basically worthless. Also last year for the first time the city water district started charging $400 annually on top of the water bill for costs involved in keeping lines and equipment etc. updated and taken care of. It's just bs and I will eventually have to move into a condo or senior style housing situation probably in the next couple of years that doesn't have the expense that owning a home has.
I'm glad to hear y'all will be getting some break this coming year.
 
Last edited:
I took advantage of any senior reductions and other discounts in the county available to me a couple of years ago...it didn't do much, reduced the school tax charges a little bit. And with annual increases it's basically worthless. Also last year for the first time the city water district started charging $400 annually on top of the water bill for costs involved in keeping lines and equipment etc. updated and taken care of. It's just bs and I will eventually have to move into a condo or senior style housing situation probably in the next couple of years that doesn't have the expense that owning a home has.
I'm glad to hear y'all will be getting some break this coming year.
Actually here most condos have maintenance fees of at least $400 per month. But at least the purchase prices are lower. Our current maintenance is $300 a month and that includes wifi so it's not too bad.
 

shelled1

unbelonger
SF Supporter
Management at work has been overly negative in their feedback to the team about our performance on a new project, one by one scolding us and otherwise putting us on the spot and making accusations about our effort. I just absorb negative energy and had my fear circuit quite activated. Management hadn't been so rough in the past but I guess now -hat we are more experienced, more is expected out of us. Also I suspect they are stressed and who knows what was promised to the client.

I freaked and started looking for new jobs, not hard to get something fast in my field (Whether it's likeable is another story). I told my therapist I wanted to quit immediately but he thinks I don't really want to, as I've had a good relationship with the owner in the past. He said I am making decisions out of heightened emotions. I felt like I will always be stressed and unable to make big decisions now because for some reason they are being so unkind nd un-understanding of how hard it is to learn this task. They lack awareness that their style of management is not helpful, or at least, not to me. Not sure how my teammates are faring.

I'm taking 3 days off for sick (mental health) and the managers did send messages I am doing okay, so now this is proof, in my therapist's eyes, that they care for me.

I had already accepted a part-time job which starts next week but isn't great pay. However, if I do stay on my FT job I won't want another job and now I'll look like a jerk for not following through and can kiss goodbye ever working for them again (this is a recruiting company and they have like 150 people and I doubt it will be much damage other than some wasted time).

I am thinking of asking for a leave of absence, maybe can get paid medical leave though I'm not sure I can about the $$$. Mostly I feel embarrassed and lame for making decisions while going through pretty much a mental breakdown and am just a bother to EVERYONE. A month ago I was doing fine and now just ugh. I can't escape myself and that sucks..
 

Neko~boy

Well-Known Member
If you don't tell us in advance to work overtime then you know what, i am not doing it. We have things to deal with outside of work we have plans or projects whatever it is. i have devoted my whole being to fucking working my ass off here. i have put in a plethora of overtime hours for the whole year. i worked double shifts back to back 1st and 2nd from 7am to 11pm. So you know what, i am going to learn to say something i should have been saying all this time. NO.

NO i am not working over today. NO, i don't care if it pisses you off. NO i don't mind loosing the overtime hours because you know what, i have cared and given my all for this company and picked up everyone else's slack for years. They stood back and watched me, so now they can watch me leave at normal time today.

Also, Mr manager, you need to learn some fucking respect. Because one day you will cross someone wrong and it's going to be ugly. Don't come at me with your little bullshit attitude and snarky remarks. You won't like if i speak my mind.
 

Neko~boy

Well-Known Member
Management at work has been overly negative in their feedback to the team about our performance on a new project, one by one scolding us and otherwise putting us on the spot and making accusations about our effort. I just absorb negative energy and had my fear circuit quite activated. Management hadn't been so rough in the past but I guess now -hat we are more experienced, more is expected out of us. Also I suspect they are stressed and who knows what was promised to the client.

I freaked and started looking for new jobs, not hard to get something fast in my field (Whether it's likeable is another story). I told my therapist I wanted to quit immediately but he thinks I don't really want to, as I've had a good relationship with the owner in the past. He said I am making decisions out of heightened emotions. I felt like I will always be stressed and unable to make big decisions now because for some reason they are being so unkind nd un-understanding of how hard it is to learn this task. They lack awareness that their style of management is not helpful, or at least, not to me. Not sure how my teammates are faring.

I'm taking 3 days off for sick (mental health) and the managers did send messages I am doing okay, so now this is proof, in my therapist's eyes, that they care for me.

I had already accepted a part-time job which starts next week but isn't great pay. However, if I do stay on my FT job I won't want another job and now I'll look like a jerk for not following through and can kiss goodbye ever working for them again (this is a recruiting company and they have like 150 people and I doubt it will be much damage other than some wasted time).

I am thinking of asking for a leave of absence, maybe can get paid medical leave though I'm not sure I can about the $$$. Mostly I feel embarrassed and lame for making decisions while going through pretty much a mental breakdown and am just a bother to EVERYONE. A month ago I was doing fine and now just ugh. I can't escape myself and that sucks..

*sadhug i am sorry things are tough right now. We have to take care of ourselves first before anything else. Your mental health is important and you deserve to take the time you need for yourself.

Your place of work and the management sounds just as frustrating as mine. They don't understand what it is like and how their attitudes and negativity affects others.

Don't feel embarrassed at all. You are not a bother at all either. We have to be kind to ourselves when we need to have mental health days. i hope having a few days helps you. i ended up taking some mental health days the other week. and i felt bad for it, but i shouldn't because sometimes we just need that time to ourselves. Wishing you well. *sadhug
 

Angie

Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
So I called the medical supply company that services my oxygen concentrator. I told them I needed them to come check it over and make sure its working ok. They said yes, will be there tomorrow (Thursday). So I call Thursday morning to see if they could say morning or afternoon or give me a window. They said no. So I waited.

I go to bed and get woken by a phone call at 8:30pm, saying they would be coming in about 20 minutes, and was that ok?

No dude, I am in bed now, come tomorrow.

Its almost 11am Friday and no sign of them.

WTF
 

Neko~boy

Well-Known Member
So I called the medical supply company that services my oxygen concentrator. I told them I needed them to come check it over and make sure its working ok. They said yes, will be there tomorrow (Thursday). So I call Thursday morning to see if they could say morning or afternoon or give me a window. They said no. So I waited.

I go to bed and get woken by a phone call at 8:30pm, saying they would be coming in about 20 minutes, and was that ok?

No dude, I am in bed now, come tomorrow.

Its almost 11am Friday and no sign of them.

WTF

Seriously rude! Calling at 8:30pm to announce they'd be there in 20 mins, nah.

i hope they get there and get your oxygen concentrator checked out soon. *brohug
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
So I called the medical supply company that services my oxygen concentrator. I told them I needed them to come check it over and make sure its working ok. They said yes, will be there tomorrow (Thursday). So I call Thursday morning to see if they could say morning or afternoon or give me a window. They said no. So I waited.

I go to bed and get woken by a phone call at 8:30pm, saying they would be coming in about 20 minutes, and was that ok?

No dude, I am in bed now, come tomorrow.

Its almost 11am Friday and no sign of them.

WTF
Angie I hope you're alright and can urge them to re-schedule asap. I'd find it hard to speak calmly in this kind of situation.
Keep us posted.

*hug
 

shelled1

unbelonger
SF Supporter
*sadhug i am sorry things are tough right now. We have to take care of ourselves first before anything else. Your mental health is important and you deserve to take the time you need for yourself.

Your place of work and the management sounds just as frustrating as mine. They don't understand what it is like and how their attitudes and negativity affects others.

Don't feel embarrassed at all. You are not a bother at all either. We have to be kind to ourselves when we need to have mental health days. i hope having a few days helps you. i ended up taking some mental health days the other week. and i felt bad for it, but i shouldn't because sometimes we just need that time to ourselves. Wishing you well. *sadhug
Hi. Thank you for your words of support. It does mean a lot to be seen. Sorry you have the same frustrations at work but am glad to hear you focus on your well-being and can take time off. I like we can share this is acceptable and good to do for ourselves.

For anyone who may be following, the other day after therapy session I ended up quitting effective immediately. I quit via email. I tried to send a nice email and I do appreciate my time there. I kept expecting a text or some kind of acknowledgment emailed back. I wondered if the boss was on vacation. I logged into my payroll portal this morning and saw that I am no longer working there. Apparently I do not merit a personal reply back. I feel quite bad.

I already accepted another job through a big recruiting firm that gets good reviews; people in my field generally happy there. Not sure I would like the initial position they offered (not much details) but people seem to think they try to get good fits for clients and contractors. It's worth a try, I thought, an adventure. However, I have to do an I-9 (USA). I have to give someone's email address and they have to fill out a portion attesting they examined my documents, as well as filling out the info and uploading pictures. This person cannot be family. I don't know anyone close by. It seems like a big ask to ask a stranger and invasive to me. I am socially anxious and do remote work for a reason. I don't have friends and this limits my opportunities. This would be probably a long-term position as long as they can find me work and I perform well; other positions in my field can be temporary and some are W-2 (which would require I-9 and is not something I can just do every few months, not even once) and some are 1099 (less barrier to entry). Maybe the universe is telling me something.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top