• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

post your major complaint here

@Gonz and I should add that I think people like to believe the world is just so they don't have to feel bad or take any action.

I also want to say that I acknowledge my own advantages in life of being white, growing up mostly middle class (at least as a child, until my dad left), having decent schooling, and no learning disabilities. My mental illness didn't really become apparent until my mid 20s and didn't prevent me from getting employment.

In fact it's mostly through my jobs in the financial sector that I have witnessed the discrimination against people in the most vulnerable groups of society, for example the homeless and disabled. Many people don't realize that being poor and marginalized means you are more likely to get mistreated, scammed and shortchanged on a daily basis. And I'm talking about by their employers, by insurance, by healthcare and law enforcement.
 

Lisa the Ferrociraptor

I'm all things, and so are you
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I decided to watch Dark Money.

I knew it was going to be a rough viewing experience, but i didn't expect to come away after just the first episode with so much brought up inside me. Because like, why do some people see somebody who's vulnerable and innocent, and not think "i should protect this person", but instead "good, i can use that"?

I feel triggered, but then i feel stupid for feeling that way, because "none of the numerous incidents of people taking advantage of my innocence and vulnerability were even close to that bad". So i feel triggered, and ashamed of feeling triggered. But i also know that if anyone else talked about feeling that way, i would be telling them if they feel that way, it's valid, and not to beat themselves up for struggling with it. So then i also feel stupid for feeling stupid for feeling triggered.

Then i go into the bathroom to have a pee, and find my dad's dirty toilet paper in the toilet. So now i'm having my OCD triggered, while trying to process feeling generally triggered, and majorly embarrassed of being triggered in the first place, as well as embarrassed about feeling embarrassed. It's just not fair.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
please pray for my cat, he’s currently at the vet, confined… i hope the enema works because xray shows he’s super constipated, if that doesn’t work then my cat will have to resort to surgery, he’s my baby boy and i don’t want a life without him.
i prayed for you and your sick cat

mike...*hug*console*shake
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I decided to watch Dark Money.

I knew it was going to be a rough viewing experience, but i didn't expect to come away after just the first episode with so much brought up inside me. Because like, why do some people see somebody who's vulnerable and innocent, and not think "i should protect this person", but instead "good, i can use that"?

I feel triggered, but then i feel stupid for feeling that way, because "none of the numerous incidents of people taking advantage of my innocence and vulnerability were even close to that bad". So i feel triggered, and ashamed of feeling triggered. But i also know that if anyone else talked about feeling that way, i would be telling them if they feel that way, it's valid, and not to beat themselves up for struggling with it. So then i also feel stupid for feeling stupid for feeling triggered.

Then i go into the bathroom to have a pee, and find my dad's dirty toilet paper in the toilet. So now i'm having my OCD triggered, while trying to process feeling generally triggered, and majorly embarrassed of being triggered in the first place, as well as embarrassed about feeling embarrassed. It's just not fair.
*hug*console*shake
 
I decided to watch Dark Money.

I knew it was going to be a rough viewing experience, but i didn't expect to come away after just the first episode with so much brought up inside me. Because like, why do some people see somebody who's vulnerable and innocent, and not think "i should protect this person", but instead "good, i can use that"?

I feel triggered, but then i feel stupid for feeling that way, because "none of the numerous incidents of people taking advantage of my innocence and vulnerability were even close to that bad". So i feel triggered, and ashamed of feeling triggered. But i also know that if anyone else talked about feeling that way, i would be telling them if they feel that way, it's valid, and not to beat themselves up for struggling with it. So then i also feel stupid for feeling stupid for feeling triggered.

Then i go into the bathroom to have a pee, and find my dad's dirty toilet paper in the toilet. So now i'm having my OCD triggered, while trying to process feeling generally triggered, and majorly embarrassed of being triggered in the first place, as well as embarrassed about feeling embarrassed. It's just not fair.
I know - it's horrifying that vulnerable people get used and abused. I was watching a YouTube channel about people who scam seniors. I had to stop watching it, as much because people in the comments were saying they deserved it for being so stupid - nobody chooses their intelligence level.

As for your dad, I hope it's something he doesn't do regularly. That would bother me too.
 
The bloody cost of living in this world. And it gets worse every damn day.
I know. It's insane. The cost of food has soared yet grocery chains are posting record profits - and they won't agree to keep price increases down to the level of inflation.

I notice far fewer sales. I used to walk through the grocery store and buy whatever brand in each section was on sale - like toilet paper etc. Now it's hard to find sales.

In my city there are things you can buy like a monthly cheap produce box from local farmers. You might want to look into that. Not always worth it though - in our previous city we signed up but it turned out to be not that great.
 

Shelly

SF Supporter
spent 5 hours next to my tom at the vet while he was under IV… taking a break as the rain pours…
they are doing the second enema… if that doesn’t work then they have to open him… i feel sick to my stomach…

what they saw in the sample stool they were able to gather is that it has sand particles which is ridiculous because they have been using wood litter for months and previously tofu cat litter which should be cat safe…

i feel i have cause him to be this way… his 5 sisters are at home and i’m planning to be with him until the vet closes

please pray that everything goes well and we finally come back home safe, alive, and healthy.
 
spent 5 hours next to my tom at the vet while he was under IV… taking a break as the rain pours…
they are doing the second enema… if that doesn’t work then they have to open him… i feel sick to my stomach…

what they saw in the sample stool they were able to gather is that it has sand particles which is ridiculous because they have been using wood litter for months and previously tofu cat litter which should be cat safe…

i feel i have cause him to be this way… his 5 sisters are at home and i’m planning to be with him until the vet closes

please pray that everything goes well and we finally come back home safe, alive, and healthy.
How are you and kitty doing?
 

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I don't care about nightmares, I'm very much used to them. But my screaming keeps waking up the partner. Plus the sweating, that has to stop someday, I can't do laundry every day...

*huh*huh*huh
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
spent 5 hours next to my tom at the vet while he was under IV… taking a break as the rain pours…
they are doing the second enema… if that doesn’t work then they have to open him… i feel sick to my stomach…

what they saw in the sample stool they were able to gather is that it has sand particles which is ridiculous because they have been using wood litter for months and previously tofu cat litter which should be cat safe…

i feel i have cause him to be this way… his 5 sisters are at home and i’m planning to be with him until the vet closes

please pray that everything goes well and we finally come back home safe, alive, and healthy.
it is not your fault, you take perfect loving care of your cats

mike....*hug*shake
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
i love my 64 dodge but she seems to go through cycles needing repairs. our first year with her was so bad we almost sold her. then 4 years with minor maintenance and repairs. this year is a bad year with a lot of repairs, not expensive but difficult. it was having a hard time starting so my son bought a starter relay and it was the wrong kind. i bought a starter and it fits but doesn't work because it's just a little different. my major complaint is these repair cycles that are hard to deal with

mike
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top