The Primary care MD decided I needed to see an endocrinologist and referred me out instead of him prescribing treatment himself even though it's common and nothing beyond his abilities or scope. It's called insurance company driven and controlled medicine. I called 7 specialty offices and clinics today within a 30 mile radius. None of them were accepting appointments prior to 2024, the first being the end of January for a new patient slot. That's 6 MONTHS out to receive any intervention. He had warned me there would probably be a wait period but I had no idea about this kind of timeframe. And aside from that, now financially I will also have to pay towards meeting a very expensive new deductible because of it being a new calendar year. And socialized medicine schedule availability difficulties so to speak without any of the socialized medicine benefit.
It's not only an enigma, it's frightening and dangerous. So I took a January appointment and put myself on a wait list.
It's not only an enigma, it's frightening and dangerous. So I took a January appointment and put myself on a wait list.



