• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

post your major complaint here

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Damn medical professionals. They decided I had a UTI and put me on antibiotics. Antibiotics kill all the good stuff too and rip the body apart. And because of them my colonoscopy is further delayed. Now not until 9/28. I am so done!
 
Damn medical professionals. They decided I had a UTI and put me on antibiotics. Antibiotics kill all the good stuff too and rip the body apart. And because of them my colonoscopy is further delayed. Now not until 9/28. I am so done!
Sorry - it's awful when medicine causes more problems than it solves. I hope things improve for you. *hug10
 
In my life due to financial issues I have dealt with a lot of bottom feeders. I hate bottom feeders! I'm talking about people who may themselves be addicts, poor or disabled (or none of these things) but have zero empathy for others or are actively criminal. If you turn your back, they will steal from you or worse. They will never do an honest day's work. They are leeches. Because of them, people don't trust strangers even decent ones. Bottom feeders give the whole human race a bad name.

My friend's older sister is one (I talked to my friend yesterday). Now 60, her sister has leeched off her parents her whole life to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars, while feeding her alcohol and drug habit. She astonished everyone by finally getting a minimum-wage job when the government pressured her, but she spends her entire paycheck at the pub and on cigarettes and alcohol. She lives with her mother who enables her and pays for everything and does all the cooking and cleaning. Her mother is now 89 and has fallen a few times and broke her arm when the daughter was at the pub, and laid for hours with no help--once overnight when the daughter came home drunk. My friend lives in another city but finally got her mom a bracelet that she can call for help with, realizing that her sister is useless.

The mother insists that the daughters will be joint executors of her will. She feels sorry for the oldest daughter because the younger one (my friend) owns a house outright and has always worked so she has a lot more money. My friend thinks it's going to be an absolute nightmare after her mom dies, getting her sister out of that townhouse which (being Vancouver) is worth over a million dollars. Her sister will not keep the place clean so it may be hard to sell. She has a "boyfriend" who sells drugs and may move in.

Oh yeah - and in the past her sister faked cancer a few times to extort more money from family. What a winner.
 
Another Major complaint:

A woman in my depression support group (in my city) was saying her husband has been dealing with brain cancer for years, and even though he has no psychiatric symptoms they have approved him to see a psychiatrist once a month for an hour.

She has Schizoaffective disorder and has been to hospital many times with delusions and hallucinations, and is on several meds. She can only get 10 minutes a month with a psychiatrist.

Why are mental illnesses not considered serious and as deserving of health care as physical illness????
 
I have to fight for the basic human rights. Never imagined that would happen. Like I'm a criminal, like I'm going against the government. Some crazy journalist or hacker who is exposing them.
I I I I I... have no words for what my life has turned into.
 
Addition to my comments above: The sister also smokes a huge amount of weed. My friend went to a family gathering recently and her sister was so blasted that when they got in the car to go to a restaurant, she kept trying to get into a backseat where someone was already sitting and had to be physically guided into a different seat. She claimed to be "tired" as if everyone couldn't smell the pot. My friend thinks she is also taking harder drugs at times. Her parents paid for numerous rehab stints but she never stayed clean and sober for long. She is also a compulsive liar - my friend has no intention of staying in touch with her sister after their Mom is gone. It's hard not to judge her as a total waste of space. She also brought another human being into the world who lives in a different city and is in his 30s and estranged from her saying she was never a real mother. But apparently he is calling Grandma for money also now. And of course he has also reproduced - what is it with Bottom Feeders that they ALWAYS have kids just to ensure that the human race never advances as a whole.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top