• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

post your major complaint here

I want to make it clear that I try not to judge people as individuals because I don't know all the facts. What I really hate is the whole phenomenon of Bottom Feeders and that they exist and appear to be common. And yes, I resent my friend's sister because I would have done anything to be a part of that family with two good, nurturing parents, comfort and a great home. However I realize there might be something intrinsic that makes her behave in such an abominable way. I still hate it. Such people cause immense suffering to everyone around them. Argh! And my friend is already predicting that her sister will piss away her half million dollar inheritance. It will go to drug dealers. Think of the good that money could do for a decent charity. Sigh.
 

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
When certain people are coddled.

Someone I know from a different forum has been talking about her marriage and impending divorce. She says her husband uses her mental health issues as a weapon against her, that he’s leaving her and is unwilling to work on their issues. People are telling her what a piece of shit he is, and how she deserves better.

What everyone is ignoring is that she has admitted that when she is “triggered” she screams at and hits him. This is a regular occurrence in their home. If someone is using their mental illness as an excuse for violence, I think it’s pretty reasonable to consider their illness a problem in your life, and try to get away.

But everyone agrees he’s the monster because he said some mean words (she admitted to punching him immediately beforehand, but that’s no excuse apparently).

This person is an abuser and belongs in prison, and all anyone is doing is patting her on the back and telling her she doesn’t deserve the consequences of her own actions, and how sorry they are that she’s going through all this.

Going through what?! Losing her punching bag?
 
When certain people are coddled.

Someone I know from a different forum has been talking about her marriage and impending divorce. She says her husband uses her mental health issues as a weapon against her, that he’s leaving her and is unwilling to work on their issues. People are telling her what a piece of shit he is, and how she deserves better.

What everyone is ignoring is that she has admitted that when she is “triggered” she screams at and hits him. This is a regular occurrence in their home. If someone is using their mental illness as an excuse for violence, I think it’s pretty reasonable to consider their illness a problem in your life, and try to get away.

But everyone agrees he’s the monster because he said some mean words (she admitted to punching him immediately beforehand, but that’s no excuse apparently).

This person is an abuser and belongs in prison, and all anyone is doing is patting her on the back and telling her she doesn’t deserve the consequences of her own actions, and how sorry they are that she’s going through all this.

Going through what?! Losing her punching bag?

Wow, Gonz - I totally agree with you. She is abusive and violent and that's never okay whatever the "trigger." It does bug me even on SF sometimes that people won't speak the truth in case it hurts someone's feelings. But I'm glad to hear the husband is leaving. Many men can be unacknowledged victims of abuse. In my own family the wife was the abuser but my mother still talks about my father abusing her because it got her so much sympathy - however he never hit her and was rarely abusive compared to her and she was MUCH worse with us kids.
 

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
It does bug me even on SF sometimes that people won't speak the truth in case it hurts someone's feelings.
Me as well. I’m all for sympathy and compassion even when people are making mistakes. Lord knows I’ve made enough of my own. But there’s a point where support without also calling out bad actions becomes indistinguishable from support for those bad actions.

But I'm glad to hear the husband is leaving. Many men can be unacknowledged victims of abuse. In my own family the wife was the abuser but my mother still talks about my father abusing her because it got her so much sympathy - however he never hit her and was rarely abusive compared to her and she was MUCH worse with us kids.
Yeah, I mean, I’m not going to sit here and act like domestic violence is a bigger problem for men (as a whole) than it is for women (as a whole). But those men who do experience it kinda get an extra kick in the teeth when it comes to society’s reaction, and how easy it is to convince people that they were the abusers all along.
 

Waves

Well-Known Member
Why do workers say they will do a job that helps you and deliberately don’t? So passive aggressive. And you just met this worker, so it is not personal. It is the way that worker is. That worker is just plain untrustworthy and passive aggressive. I don’t like living in a world of species like that.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Why do workers say they will do a job that helps you and deliberately don’t? So passive aggressive. And you just met this worker, so it is not personal. It is the way that worker is. That worker is just plain untrustworthy and passive aggressive. I don’t like living in a world of species like that.
*hug*shake
 

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
They're basically gutting multiple transit routes and cutting them off before the end in advance of a bus rapid transit thing they're building. I don't know how long it will take for it to be built, but I don't think it has been started yet. 2 of the routes that I tend to take home from work are now going to end before they get to downtown, which is where I need to get to transfer buses. The route I take into work is usually done for the night on weekdays right around when I'm getting out of work, so that one is only an option on days when I notice that it's running a few minutes late (and never on weekends because it ends for the night ridiculously early on weekends.) So going home from work I will either have to take the busway which is not always the best timing for me and is a long and annoying walk, or I can transfer to another bus in Oakland to get me downtown (if there is one) and end up having to take 3 different buses instead of 2. The changes don't go into effect until October 1, but I'm getting angry. It's already so hard to ride the bus home from work to my neighborhood at 11:00 PM after a 10-hour shift, it's ridiculous.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
They're basically gutting multiple transit routes and cutting them off before the end in advance of a bus rapid transit thing they're building. I don't know how long it will take for it to be built, but I don't think it has been started yet. 2 of the routes that I tend to take home from work are now going to end before they get to downtown, which is where I need to get to transfer buses. The route I take into work is usually done for the night on weekdays right around when I'm getting out of work, so that one is only an option on days when I notice that it's running a few minutes late (and never on weekends because it ends for the night ridiculously early on weekends.) So going home from work I will either have to take the busway which is not always the best timing for me and is a long and annoying walk, or I can transfer to another bus in Oakland to get me downtown (if there is one) and end up having to take 3 different buses instead of 2. The changes don't go into effect until October 1, but I'm getting angry. It's already so hard to ride the bus home from work to my neighborhood at 11:00 PM after a 10-hour shift, it's ridiculous.
*hug*shake
 
Accidentally took the wrong suitcase out of the bottom compartment of the bus, watched the thing roll away from me. There is no way to contact the operator or main service provider really. Don’t know how to get in contact with person whose bag it is either. Filed and email to report lost/found baggage but now out of ideas on how to fix things. Just feel bad for the person whose bag I took, I mean I lose my shit all the time but accidentally confusing my bag with a duplicate is the first ;;
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Accidentally took the wrong suitcase out of the bottom compartment of the bus, watched the thing roll away from me. There is no way to contact the operator or main service provider really. Don’t know how to get in contact with person whose bag it is either. Filed and email to report lost/found baggage but now out of ideas on how to fix things. Just feel bad for the person whose bag I took, I mean I lose my shit all the time but accidentally confusing my bag with a duplicate is the first ;;
*hug*shake
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
I detest my weakness, when a person gets angry at me I panic, get literally dizzy, & it takes days for it to go away. Even though I know I'm just being reminded of the past, I can't fight the damn panic reaction off. I didn't really do anytning bad. I made a relatively small decision which someone disagreed with, & they got very upset. Iknow it's not my issue. They shouldn't have gotten so mad at me. It helps to write it out. Thanks for listening.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I detest my weakness, when a person gets angry at me I panic, get literally dizzy, & it takes days for it to go away. Even though I know I'm just being reminded of the past, I can't fight the damn panic reaction off. I didn't really do anytning bad. I made a relatively small decision which someone disagreed with, & they got very upset. Iknow it's not my issue. They shouldn't have gotten so mad at me. It helps to write it out. Thanks for listening.
you are not weak, making that decision proves it

mike.....*hug*console*shake
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
ok everyone is making money on ebay so we decided to try it. we had a 1939 worlds fair bottle and we got what we wanted for it and we had it listed for around 10 bucks shipping. we tried the post office and they wouldn't help us at all and they weren't that busy. so i said screw it i went to ups. for them to wrap it and put it in the box was over $42. so tomorrow i'm going to try a new post office lol. this is the last thing i'm selling on ebay for a while lol

mike
 

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I detest my weakness, when a person gets angry at me I panic, get literally dizzy, & it takes days for it to go away. Even though I know I'm just being reminded of the past, I can't fight the damn panic reaction off. I didn't really do anytning bad. I made a relatively small decision which someone disagreed with, & they got very upset. Iknow it's not my issue. They shouldn't have gotten so mad at me. It helps to write it out. Thanks for listening.
Write it out all you want, all you need. I wish you could get to the point of not letting such things get to you.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top