• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

post your major complaint here

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Britain is threatening to introduce new immigration law which raises the minimum earnings necessary to apply for a visa to well above the average wage, this even applies to British citizens, so if you want to marry someone from abroad and you aren't a rich toff, then it sucks to be you. Also, due to the gender wage gap this hits women hard. 60% of men wont be able to apply, 75% of women wont.

So basically, love is now restricted to only rich men. (And who do you think made up these rules)

A big FUCK YOU going out to those rich tossers who cant help but ruin it for everybody else.
i hope this didn't really surprise you. the funny part is the poor and working class way outnumber these rich assholes. all we have to do is get organized and we can make the rich pay for once

mike...*hug*shake
 
Doctor offices, doctors, and hospitals and the games played, lack of viable assistance when asked for when trying to accommodate what they are asking me to do to begin with and further direction is needed just to make what they want happen when I try to accomplish just making a testing appointment. Something we used to do as nurses for the patient, not make the patient set things up themselves. But that's fine it if didn't get so damned ridiculously complicated making it happen. The doctor's office sending me generic portal message response this morning instead of directly assisting me and the message content is useless, resolving nothing (I had left a message yesterday by phone)...it's so uncalled for, so easy to do the caring correct professional thing that would also only take 5 minutes of time. I did it for years, I know what it takes. This is the shit that makes me just want to just ctb.
 
Last edited:

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Doctor offices, doctors, and hospitals and the games played, lack of viable assistance when asked for when trying to accommodate what they are asking me to do to begin with and further direction is needed just to make what they want happen when I try to accomplish just making a testing appointment. Something we used to do as nurses for the patient, not make the patient set things up themselves. But that's fine it if didn't get so damned ridiculously complicated making it happen. The doctor's office sending me generic portal message response this morning instead of directly assisting me and the message content is useless, resolving nothing (I had left a message yesterday by phone)...it's so uncalled for, so easy to do the caring correct professional thing that would also only take 5 minutes of time. I did it for years, I know what it takes. This is the shit that makes me just want to just ctb.
it is very sad that the medical profession has turned into big business instead of the caring profession it used to be. i am luck that my primary doctor and lung specialist actually care. my doctor will take whatever time a patient needs. now doctors put you in 15 minuet slots and won't help you with the care you need, i am so grateful for my doctor. i still remember my doctor when i was a kid, he even made house calls when i was in my 20s. yea i'm old lol

mike....*hug*shake
 
Black and White thinking aka, Us versus Them, and All or Nothing thinking. A cognitive distortion.

Because I studied Psychology at school, I know that this type of categorization is not only common but part of how the human brain works. We tend to judge things (and even people) as all good or all bad, when in fact the Universe exists in all shades of grey.

I do it too of course. When I find myself wanting to judge someone as a "bad person," I know to step back and suspend judgment and look at my own flaws. This doesn't mean that I necessarily keep that person in my life (some people may be toxic on a personal level) - but it does mean I don't get to judge them. Most people are not Heroes or Villains but somewhere in between. But it's so tempting to vilify someone whom I think has done me wrong. And I see a lot of this kind of polarized thinking in the modern world as well-- where people judge others based on their political affiliation or other factors. Every major religion discourages passing judgment on another person's character, but yet it seems pretty common especially these days with "cancel culture" and so on.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
i'm talking about those that celebrate christmas only not anyone else, i respect all religions. people that don't even try to make their childrens christmas happy. their booze and drugs are way more important than their childs happiness. there are so many ways to make a childs christmas a happy one. if a person is poor they can get a dozen gifts at the dollar store for $15.00. they can also put a buck a month per child to save for it.

i have seen a lot of these types of things. besides gifts they can make it more magical with hot chocolate and christmas stories. and of course apply for help. my wife was one of those people. if she was lucky she got 1 used toy for christmas, one year was a broken doll, and her father made around $40k to $50k a year adjusting for inflation.

i noticed a lot of non christians now celebrate christmas for a secular holiday. i think that is great. so maybe christians still celebrate the birth of jesus and all including christians celebrate the holiday as a secular holiday nothing to do with religion but maintaining the idea of peace on earth.

mike
 
it’s been like 8 months where the sole of my feet are in constant pain, 24/7 nonstop, the edge of my heel is the one that would radiate the most pain even when i’m laying down, it feels like walking on knives… i try to push through the pain but the more i walk and stand the more it’s going to hurt and it’s going to hurt the most in the morning.
 
i'm talking about those that celebrate christmas only not anyone else, i respect all religions. people that don't even try to make their childrens christmas happy. their booze and drugs are way more important than their childs happiness. there are so many ways to make a childs christmas a happy one. if a person is poor they can get a dozen gifts at the dollar store for $15.00. they can also put a buck a month per child to save for it.

i have seen a lot of these types of things. besides gifts they can make it more magical with hot chocolate and christmas stories. and of course apply for help. my wife was one of those people. if she was lucky she got 1 used toy for christmas, one year was a broken doll, and her father made around $40k to $50k a year adjusting for inflation.

i noticed a lot of non christians now celebrate christmas for a secular holiday. i think that is great. so maybe christians still celebrate the birth of jesus and all including christians celebrate the holiday as a secular holiday nothing to do with religion but maintaining the idea of peace on earth.

mike
I totally agree with you. People who have children and then abuse or neglect them, or even fail to show them basic caring or consideration really suck. Especially at this time of year it can seem pronounced.

I respect parents who are poor but able to swallow their pride and sign up for Christmas charities so their kids can get donated toys and gifts. At my workplace, various departments would sponsor a family or two and have a tree with tags for each family member, ages, and what gifts they would like. I don't have kids so it was nice to get something and imagine the child opening the gift on Christmas morning. When i was growing up we sure could have used such a thing after my Dad left, but my mother would never have allowed it.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
it’s been like 8 months where the sole of my feet are in constant pain, 24/7 nonstop, the edge of my heel is the one that would radiate the most pain even when i’m laying down, it feels like walking on knives… i try to push through the pain but the more i walk and stand the more it’s going to hurt and it’s going to hurt the most in the morning.
maybe it's time to see a doctor to find the cause. he/she may refer you to a foot doctor. chronic pain is very drainig

mike....*hug*shake
 
a well loved local celebrity, the grandpa of my generation died yesterday and this comes as a shock to me that it is only on the news today, i went on X and it was the police department who confirmed his death…

and according to them, he didn’t die of natural cause, he ended things himself 😢, holidays really brings the best and the worst out of people.
 

Dante

Life-long ponderer.. and Git.
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I work for a company doing IT for different schools and 2 of our guys just came down with norovirus, blasting out both ends and hating life. Based on their schedule we figured out which school did it and actually asked them. We got a "oh yea, we have a huge outbreak at the moment. We have 5 teachers out with it right now".

Why the hell didnt they warn us?

I remember back during the pandemic, before the vaccine was a thing, they didnt even warn us when they had a Covid outbreak. I once found out after the fact, they even asked me to check out a PC in a room where every single person in that class got Covid.

Our clients never warn us. They really don't care about our health and wellbeing, we could all drop dead for all they care as long as someone shows up to fix their damned computer.
 
I work for a company doing IT for different schools and 2 of our guys just came down with norovirus, blasting out both ends and hating life. Based on their schedule we figured out which school did it and actually asked them. We got a "oh yea, we have a huge outbreak at the moment. We have 5 teachers out with it right now".

Why the hell didnt they warn us?

I remember back during the pandemic, before the vaccine was a thing, they didnt even warn us when they had a Covid outbreak. I once found out after the fact, they even asked me to check out a PC in a room where every single person in that class got Covid.

Our clients never warn us. They really don't care about our health and wellbeing, we could all drop dead for all they care as long as someone shows up to fix their damned computer.
I’m sorry to hear this. I agree, it’s also what I know to be true. Stay safe as you can so you don’t get ill.
 
a month of tooth pain after the filling…

i have had enough. I want it removed.
i hope i get an appointment before the year ends if not within the first 2 weeks of 2024.

Enough, i am sick and tired of observing and hoping things would work and get better.
 

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
We got a nice Christmas dinner at work last year, but nothing this year (except leftover pizza that another department shared with us.) I was so disappointed and hadn't come prepared to work with food because I was expecting them to give us something again. Had a very disappointing Christmas Day.
 

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
We got a nice Christmas dinner at work last year, but nothing this year (except leftover pizza that another department shared with us.) I was so disappointed and hadn't come prepared to work with food because I was expecting them to give us something again. Had a very disappointing Christmas Day.
I wish they had given you a heads up that nothing would be provided. That is a courtesy. It is an irritant that businesses expect you to behave a certain way with courtesy but may not return it.
 

puffymilk

making the bed
SF Supporter
I think we all need to live slowly, but it's probably impossible. I saw someone talking about this today. Why can't we all get a simple, not stressful job and make decent money out of it? Live in the small, safe, comfortable house without having to pay a gazillion dollars for it.

Seems like everyone these days is rushing out for something, like they're running out of time, and at the same time I know it's because they're running out of time. Everything changes so fast these days; the inflation, competition at work or businesses, the world is truly scary.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$255.00
Top