Post your *petty* complaint here

Lisa the Goatgirl

She's less of an enigma now
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Also, that people so often conflate an eidetic memory with intelligence. They're not the same thing at all. An eidetic memory is the ability to retain knowledge, not to have intelligent thoughts within oneself. Plus the way people only seem to care about academic intelligence, but not emotional intelligence, which imho is way more important.

Ixtab

Some arguing with me on abcnews comments about ring camera and says only criminals are against surveillance and I have no right to privacy in public even though it points at my house. And my favorite chestnut β€œIf you have nothing to hide....”

How does someone like this still exist? Why doesn’t life churn them out of the gene pool? I would love to know how old they are but that might be depressing to find out.

Every time I do comments why do I bother. Living in a city or suburbia and having ring camera and dudes like this nearby I would not survive.

Lisa the Goatgirl

She's less of an enigma now
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I sometimes get tempted to change my avatar to a picture of something like ya boi here, but then the whole idea of my username, which i happen to still like, would be lost.
1594291892314.png
Can i gain the ability to alternate my username between its current form and "the Stormarium Cynicalypse" or something? :D

Aurelia

πŸ”₯ A Fire Inside πŸ”₯
SF Supporter
Also, that people so often conflate an eidetic memory with intelligence. They're not the same thing at all. An eidetic memory is the ability to retain knowledge, not to have intelligent thoughts within oneself. Plus the way people only seem to care about academic intelligence, but not emotional intelligence, which imho is way more important.
I can't help but immediately think of Reid from Criminal Minds. He has the eidetic memory and the intelligence. Also, my favorite character :P

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
My therapist suggested I should play hooky from work, skip out on meetings and claim a headache or something. But I would have to explain it somehow to my husband and I really don't want to. I wish I was going to work in person again, and then I just could go off and take a drive or something instead.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
My therapist suggested I should play hooky from work, skip out on meetings and claim a headache or something. But I would have to explain it somehow to my husband and I really don't want to. I wish I was going to work in person again, and then I just could go off and take a drive or something instead.
Can you tell him you've got to go into the office for the day and take a drive instead?
It must be hard spending so much time together. I was very thankful when mine started going back into the office again.

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Can you tell him you've got to go into the office for the day and take a drive instead?
It must be hard spending so much time together. I was very thankful when mine started going back into the office again.
No, he knows I'm not allowed in the office. That's what I would do if it were actually an option to be going to work.

Jolene

I'm annoyed. I told someone from my family not to set me for doing something until I tell her that I can, because I need a few more days, and next thing I know is that it's set for this Monday. Damn.

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
'Out of office meeting'... with the restrictions maybe say you are meeting up with a colleague somewhere to discuss options for how to proceed once office opens
No, sorry I don't mean to be shooting down people's suggestions, but my husband and I both have the same type of job, so there isn't really something I could make up like that that would be believable. Especially considering I'm really avoiding being around people in the current situation.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
It's July and I'm huddled under a blanket with the heating turned back on. Where's the summer gone??? *blub
I think it is here, 95 in the shade and if you get out into the sun.... LOL

There was a major storm here Tuesday 4 inches of rain, plenty chilly that day and all day looked like it was evening with how dark it was.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00