Premier League fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rush did have a great mo, and yes those are much better efforts.

They played an exhibition match over in Sydney the week before last, and even though they were playing a Syndey team, the crowd was 90% red so they still have a strong following down here, probably helped by having Harrey Kewell play for them recently , as @Kira75 mentioned above.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Yeah I know, been about second or third time they've made trips over there during the close season for matches. If I remember correctly, legends such as Gerrard and Carragher turned out as well. They normally have a strong following wherever they travel; being going on since the late 70's. Hell I've even managed to follow them ona few trips in the past, reckon my greatest momemt was sneaking into the Nou Camp when Liverpool played Barcelona in a champions league tie a few years back.
By the way, @Kira75, Harry Kewell didn't really play much for Liverpool, he spent most of the time injured!!! Craig Johnstone, - much better player. May not have had a moustache, but made up for it with his hair - a shaggy perm! - Tribute to Liverpool's squad in the early 80's!!!!

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter

I got this yesterday. They tried to deliver it to my house (last week?) but I wasn't there to sign for it, so I had to pick it up at the post office. I'm at my school library now, showing it off. No idea how many people actually know what it means, but I'm proud of it. And I doubt anybody will really make fun of me for it here like they do for my Washington Capitals jersey. The lighting here is not the best, but whatever. (And yes, that's my chubby body wearing it hahaha. Fits pretty well though.)

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
OMG nooooooo! that's a spurs' away shirt:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
how could you show it here!!!!!

Baywasp

SF Supporter
OMG nooooooo! that's a spurs' away shirt:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
how could you show it here!!!!!
Technically it's a third.
:D Haha.

Baywasp

SF Supporter
Looks good, now you're all set for when next season kicks off ( They are done for the year right?)
Yeah. The last game was actually a month ago, on my birthday. I think they will have a different design next season, but that fact made it really cheap, and I loved this one (even though I've read articles and comments online from people who said it was ugly.)

My friend who is also a Spurs fan told me I am welcome to watch some games with him next season if I'd like. Would be fun.

Well you certainly know what to wear when you go over, and not being their standard jersey I think means it won't date as much as there's no direct comparison. Although having said that, I hate the way clubs change them so often, the cynic in me always feels it just a cash grab, so I'm all for wearing the old one.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Yeah. The last game was actually a month ago, on my birthday. I think they will have a different design next season, but that fact made it really cheap, and I loved this one (even though I've read articles and comments online from people who said it was ugly.)

My friend who is also a Spurs fan told me I am welcome to watch some games with him next season if I'd like. Would be fun.
As Spurs are having their home ground redeveloped, they'll be playing their home fixtures at the national stadium, Wembley next season, now that would be an experience

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Well you certainly know what to wear when you go over, and not being their standard jersey I think means it won't date as much as there's no direct comparison. Although having said that, I hate the way clubs change them so often, the cynic in me always feels it just a cash grab, so I'm all for wearing the old one.
Pwrsonally, I'd wear the retro shirts from 10+ years back.

Baywasp

SF Supporter
As Spurs are having their home ground redeveloped, they'll be playing their home fixtures at the national stadium, Wembley next season, now that would be an experience
That would be amazing. Wish I were close enough to go to any Spurs game honestly (but I think I'd be a little intimidated by the other fans because lately I've tended to be rather quiet while watching sports events in person). The only place I've ever been in London is in the airport while waiting for connecting flights, and unfortunately, that doesn't count.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
That would be amazing. Wish I were close enough to go to any Spurs game honestly (but I think I'd be a little intimidated by the other fans because lately I've tended to be rather quiet while watching sports events in person). The only place I've ever been in London is in the airport while waiting for connecting flights, and unfortunately, that doesn't count.
Try off first by watching a few games with your friend the spurs fan and then perhaps a few of his spurs friends in a bar or something, to try and get over your feeling of initimidation. Then plan a visit to spurs ground for a match. Seated together, amongst fellow supporters be it stadiums, or watching it in bars or at home with group of people, even though you may not know them, will bring a sense of togetherness. Trust me, first match I ever went to at a stadium, I felt the same, in the end, there was handshakes and hugs all round whenever we scored or won with complete strangers.

Baywasp

SF Supporter
Spurs are in the US right now, and I so wish I could go to a game. The closest one is in New Jersey (which is directly to the east of Pennsylvania), but I live in Western Pennsylvania. It is nearly 6 hours away and I don't drive. There are still tickets left, only $30 apparently, but I'm broke right now. Maybe my friend will at least want to watch a game with me on his TV. I think my roommate canceled our cable TV package and even if he didn't I'd feel bad watching it because I don't normally use it so I don't pay for it at all. When I've found Spurs games to watch online, I've had trouble with them. For both games I watched, the streams were really unstable or linked me to suspicious websites so I had to settle for broadcasts in languages besides English. First Spanish, then Arabic. Pretty hard for someone who doesn't know the game very well. I have watched the sport I know best (ice hockey) in the only language besides English I am even a little bit comfortable with (French) and still been confused. So...

In non-Spurs news, my other friend, the one who inspired me to get into EPL when he mentioned that he wanted to, has finally picked a team. He told me this a few weeks ago. It's Everton. Apparently a few of his friends were telling him they thought he'd like Everton, so he finally caved. It's interesting. One of my friends in California apparently is an Everton fan, or at least he likes them and no other EPL team on Facebook. We haven't talked about it. That guy doesn't often respond to messages. I wouldn't have even bothered to check his profile, but I knew he likes soccer. I had seen him talk about some stuff on Facebook. Plus I'm pretty sure I saw him once when I was at one of my favorite cafes in San Francisco watching a World Cup game in 2014. I even texted him after I left, like "Hey, I just saw this dude who looked like you watching the World Cup!" but he never acknowledged it either way. (Little digression there, sorry.)

SinisterKid

We either find a way, or make one.
SF Supporter
EPL? pffft. Notts County supporter through and through till I die and will still be shouting them on when shaking hands with old Nicky boy.

EPL players for the most part are overpaid prima donnas who set poor examples to todays kids who idolise them. Most of them now earn, even the mediocre ones, more in a season than most people will see in their lifetime, that, on a moral level is just wrong.

£89,000,000 for Pogba? £75,000,000 for Lukaku [rising to £90,000,000 in most reports] sheer madness. Neither are genuine world class players. Messi and Ronaldo leave them in their wake. Man Utd get Lukaku and Everton get Rooney, I know which club got the better of that deal and they don't wear red!!

I used to watch a lot of live games on Sky Sports from the EPL, but I saw a drop in standards of play, more defensive formations, because staying in the EPL was the Holy Grail for a lot of teams. The games became dull and boring with more teams determined not to lose rather than trying to win. That's not entertainment. Teams like West Brom and Watford go to Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge and shut up shop from the first kick, trying to get a draw. That is just not worth the entrance fee in my eyes. The highlights make games look like they were close, hard fought battles, when in reality, there were 6 shots at either goal with only 2 on target in 90 minutes. Watch live games and you can see what I mean.

There are a few decent games a season, but you need to watch 10 poor games to see 1 good game. That just is not value for money.

My son is a season ticket holder at Newcastle United. I get to go now and again if he has to work. The atmosphere is crap, the games dull and half the crowd leave with 15 minutes still to play. Nah, you can keep the EPL for me. I will stick with my team thanks and enjoy watching the rugby, played by real men who don't roll around on the ground as soon as someone dares to touch them, like they have a broken leg.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
EPL? pffft. Notts County supporter through and through till I die and will still be shouting them on when shaking hands with old Nicky boy.

EPL players for the most part are overpaid prima donnas who set poor examples to todays kids who idolise them. Most of them now earn, even the mediocre ones, more in a season than most people will see in their lifetime, that, on a moral level is just wrong.

£89,000,000 for Pogba? £75,000,000 for Lukaku [rising to £90,000,000 in most reports] sheer madness. Neither are genuine world class players. Messi and Ronaldo leave them in their wake. Man Utd get Lukaku and Everton get Rooney, I know which club got the better of that deal and they don't wear red!!

I used to watch a lot of live games on Sky Sports from the EPL, but I saw a drop in standards of play, more defensive formations, because staying in the EPL was the Holy Grail for a lot of teams. The games became dull and boring with more teams determined not to lose rather than trying to win. That's not entertainment. Teams like West Brom and Watford go to Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge and shut up shop from the first kick, trying to get a draw. That is just not worth the entrance fee in my eyes. The highlights make games look like they were close, hard fought battles, when in reality, there were 6 shots at either goal with only 2 on target in 90 minutes. Watch live games and you can see what I mean.

There are a few decent games a season, but you need to watch 10 poor games to see 1 good game. That just is not value for money.

My son is a season ticket holder at Newcastle United. I get to go now and again if he has to work. The atmosphere is crap, the games dull and half the crowd leave with 15 minutes still to play. Nah, you can keep the EPL for me. I will stick with my team thanks and enjoy watching the rugby, played by real men who don't roll around on the ground as soon as someone dares to touch them, like they have a broken leg.
I bet that's rugby league you're talking about!

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Rugby league is just brutal. Throw in a few EPL players and then they'll experience the meaning of pain.

SinisterKid

We either find a way, or make one.
SF Supporter
I always say Rugby is legalised GBH ;)

I used to play in my younger days and my son played both disciplines at school, so its always been close to my heart. And Ash, EPL players wouldn't survive 10 minutes of a rugby match, they would faint at the merest hint of a tackle. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00