• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

scared of doctors

lost_soul

Staff Alumni
#1
i go to the pdoc on monday. i'm scared to tell him how i reaaly feel. that i am suicidal, depressed, and think about cutting at times. i know i need to tell him some of it, but how much is safe to tell. i've been locked up before for saying how i am really feeling. before i didn't care one way or the other. now that i'm free from the system, i am scared to tell how it really is. i'm scared of the meds they will put me on, don't want to become a zombie. but at the same time i need help. if i don't tell him some things he won't know, and i won't get the meds i need. what the hell am i to do. open my mouth and get locked up, or keep my mouth shut and get no help.????????
hmmm? maybe i won't even go see him. probably will tho. just not sure what and how much to say. i need the meds, but don't think it is safe for my freedom if i tell all. especially on the first visit to a new doctor.
 
#3
i would definately encourage you to both go and share everything. keep in mind they aren't going to lock u up because you're feeling suicidal, but they will lock u up if u have a plan. so be honest so you can get the proper treatment you deserve
 

lost_soul

Staff Alumni
#4
i can't tell them everything because i do have a plan. i've had the plan for years. where and how is decided. when is what i am constantly battling. can't exactly tell him this. i'm going though. not sure how much i will tell though. i've been dealing with pdocs for a long time. i know where to draw the line, but i can't tell all. if i discussed some of the things that i post here, i'd be locked up for a while. i know i need to go, and get the help i need, i'm just scared that i will push it and say something that will have me taken away for the protection of myself. :unsure:
 

Ignored

Staff Alumni
#5
Well, I have a plan, a beautiful, shiny plan in glorious technicolour which I told my pdoc about when he asked and I've never been locked up. Maybe depends on the doc. However, if you've been locked up before for less maybe tell as much as you can but err on the side of caution.
 

TheBLA

The biggest loser ever to live.
#6
I know just how hard it is to talk to someone else about all this really private thoughts and feelings but yeah, nothing good will happen if you lie, I wish I had the courage like you to see a doctor and get help or even talk here, I just keep silent. Damn.
Good luck on the visit and you are FAAAAAAARRRRR from being alone in your exact situation. :smile:
 

Ruby

Well-Known Member
#8
Please be honest. You must remember that doctors are only trying to help and they only use hospital and sectioning as a last resort.
 
#9
I'm scared to visit a doctor again. I tried many doctors, psychiatrists, psychologists, etc. for years to find a solution for my insomnia, but no medication or therapy ever worked. There are medications that induce sleep, but I don't necessarily wake up feeling refreshed.

Doctors never find any health problems, the only conclusion found seems to be that I have a naturally overactive nervous system, high metabolism, and as a result I'm prone to anxiety and insomnia.

I'm just fucked up, I'll probably die from a heart attack before I'm even 40. I've tried exercise again recently, but it actually pumps me up even more instead of wearing me out in most cases, then I stay awake even longer than usual until exhaustion knocks me out.

Maybe I'm an exception to the 8 hrs. sleep per night rule? I seem to function better by being awake for 2 days at a time, and sleeping every other night.

I'm either exhausted or hyper, there never seems to be any middle ground between the extremes.
 
#10
appt was cancelled. now i have to make another. i don't want to. scared to. the way i am at the moment, i'd be better off getting sectioned
sorry
 

cassandra

Anitiquities Friend
#11
I'm sorry your appointment was canceled. It's been really hard for me to talk to my dr. sometimes, but he's very understanding. I've gotten really angry at him at times but he's a good guy.

Do you think you'd feel more comfortable w/ a different dr?

Hope things get better soon :hug:
 

Cybrsk8r

Well-Known Member
#12
Sometimes I'm afraid to tell my doctor or therapist how bad I feel :zipped: , or that I have suicidal feelings. Afraid of what might happen. :nerves:
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top