SF YouTube Channel and First Video

JDot

remember to drink plenty of water
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I can relate to a lot of this video. Someone can say just a few words and then I go into self-hate mode. It's good to hear that just because someone says something doesn't mean it's true. also that picture of the brains with depression and without depression got my attention. A lot of times I feel like my brain doesn't work. I forget just about everything. And a lot of times I have no idea what I'm doing.

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
Since it is not indexed yet only way to get to it was direct link so apparently some people here did not like it.

*** or perhaps another explanation based on recent message we received see below****

Last edited:

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
We changed the title slightly. Apparently Nirvana has a song titled I hate Myself and Want to die which aside from making it very difficult for the video (or article) to be found by the search engines, on YouTube people that were looking for that song thought they were being preached to instead and getting spammed to join a forum. So the video title is now I hate Myself and Want the Pain to End.

JDot

Forum Pro
SF Supporter
We changed the title slightly. Apparently Nirvana has a song titled I hate Myself and Want to die which aside from making it very difficult for the video (or article) to be found by the search engines, on YouTube people that were looking for that song thought they were being preached to instead and getting spammed to join a forum. So the video title is now I hate Myself and Want the Pain to End.
Yeah I actually wondered if the title of the video was supposed to be a reference to the Nirvana song. I thought getting the attention of people looking for that song was the point. But I can see that most of the people looking for the song just want to hear the song and don't actually want to die. Changing the title was probably a good idea.

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
Yeah I actually wondered if the title of the video was supposed to be a reference to the Nirvana song. I thought getting the attention of people looking for that song was the point. But I can see that most of the people looking for the song just want to hear the song and don't actually want to die. Changing the title was probably a good idea.
Nope, not trying for click bait on a song, just not a genre I am overly familiar with....

JDot

Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Nope, not trying for click bait on a song, just not a genre I am overly familiar with....
It's also a really obscure Nirvana song. Now that I think about it it's kind of silly to think you would use a song that is usually used as a bonus track for click bait. :D I will admit I haven't been thinking clearly lately.

Brian777

Safety and Support
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Wow what an incredible video, excellent job and very professionally done. I just watched it now and subscribed and liked it. I believe YouTube can really use this and hopefully it'll direct people who are suffering to SF. Yes I was wondering about the 2 dislikes :( people are strange. Great job!!

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
What a beautiful calming voice this person has :)
The voice talent is our very own Freya - so next time any of you talk to her in chat now you know the voice that goes with words ;) ....

Wow what an incredible video, excellent job and very professionally done. I just watched it now and subscribed and liked it. I believe YouTube can really use this and hopefully it'll direct people who are suffering to SF.
I really hope by adding the multi-media and trying to get more involved in the social media to find more people that can use our support- maybe before they get so desperate that they are searching google for suicide methods :( The learning curve for the program used to create this video was pretty steep for me - I spent all week on an online training learning to use Adobe Premiere enough to make this short video but now that is done I am hoping to make more videos and expand the channel which only really happens by getting subscribers and likes and shares. With such a difficult topic shares are a little harder to get so it will be slow but I hope it woks over the long term and I think it is more useful for connecting with some people that are more video / music oriented (like many mobile users where reading long articles is difficult).

I know there are also some other very talented members that are familiar with making multi media and any that would like to contribute videos/ photo montages/ readings/ etc are welcome to and it would be so appreciated. We are happy to credit it by member name or real name (not both please for the sake of maintaining your own privacy). If anybody would like to contribute their skills (like the excellent photos you sent us Brian) just message admin :) In the mean time we will continue to produce new videos as time allows.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
The images used in this video, the choice of words, and Freya's voice, are all simply wonderful. Looking forward to more of these---also know represents alot of hard work on multiple fronts...thank you...and though I'm a bit challenged when it comes to social media...will do my best to share with others....

Brian777

Safety and Support
SF Artist
SF Supporter
The amount of work and thought that went into this video definetly shows. I repeat myself "very professionally" produced, Lu's voice and article were perfect and Ben I can't imagine the time you gave to put this together.
Excellent job both of you!!!
Brian

Luoma

Need someone to talk to? I'm here!
SF Supporter
Wow what an incredible video, excellent job and very professionally done. I just watched it now and subscribed and liked it. I believe YouTube can really use this and hopefully it'll direct people who are suffering to SF. Yes I was wondering about the 2 dislikes :( people are strange. Great job!!
Why did it get two dislikes already? Seems odd.
From my experience on YouTube, people randomly leave dislikes on videos that they come across. Even the most beautiful art videos have thousands of dislikes just because some people feel the need to press that button. Rather sad, isn't it? But I wouldn't take it personally, perhaps it was just someone having a bad day using the dislikes button as a vent outlet. Kinda silly.

ghosTea

Counterculture Nerd
SF Multi Media
SF Supporter
I podcasted for about 4 years and the whole time was doing all the audio editing. I have a decent mic set up and I have also helped with language learning in other countries before so I know I got a good voice :P So if you need something recorded I have a good set up... Video editing I have done a bit of work with and would be willing to try my hand at again... So I can offer services if need be on that front :)

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
I podcasted for about 4 years and the whole time was doing all the audio editing. I have a decent mic set up and I have also helped with language learning in other countries before so I know I got a good voice :p So if you need something recorded I have a good set up... Video editing I have done a bit of work with and would be willing to try my hand at again... So I can offer services if need be on that front :)
I may take you up on that if you have the time - I will message you to discuss what things we have plans for to get some advice and if any sounds like something you want top give a hand on or have time to help on we are always in need of ... Thank you so much for mentioning and the kind offer.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00