Should I stick with group therapy?

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
It's group day again tomorrow and it's still looping around my head.

I had my individual therapy today and told her about my thoughts around it. She said pretty much the same as you guys (why am I paying her when I've got you?) We decided I'm going to get there early tomorrow and ask to speak to the professional in there I'm most comfortable with one to one about how it made me feel last week and ask them what we can do together to help get me over this fear. I think I can do that. I hope I can do that. Wish me luck!

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter

I had my individual therapy today and told her about my thoughts around it. She said pretty much the same as you guys (why am I paying her when I've got you?) We decided I'm going to get there early tomorrow and ask to speak to the professional in there I'm most comfortable with one to one about how it made me feel last week and ask them what we can do together to help get me over this fear. I think I can do that. I hope I can do that. Wish me luck!
Good plan! You can do this *hug

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter

Good Luck Lu. And also I believe you can do that talk tomorrow and also get over the fear. I know you've been processing. I know there are difficulties. And I do see you moving and changing. I think it's gunna happen! So good luck if you even need it...

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
It went okay I think. He actually apologized for them pushing me too hard last week. He's going for a desensitisation thing now - he's going to keep asking me questions to get me to speak more during general conversations or in reply to others and see if that helps me to feel more confident within the group.

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
It went okay I think. He actually apologized for them pushing me too hard last week. He's going for a desensitisation thing now - he's going to keep asking me questions to get me to speak more during general conversations or in reply to others and see if that helps me to feel more confident within the group.
That sounds really helpful. Good job speaking up *hug

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$130.00
Goal
$255.00