• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Sleep Apnoea

Dinolaur

Human by day, Dino by night
Hey, @nobodyknows71
My partner has sleep apnoea, he always holds his breathe when asleep and it’s awful, I nudge him at least 20-30 times before I fall asleep so he starts breathing again. He has a cpap, that he used for a while, but he got extremely frustrated with having to wear it at night, I mean he did get used to it but for some reason he stopped (can’t remember why now) and never went back to using it, which is bloody annoying as his snoring is horrendous! I would happily shove one of his dirty smelly socks in his mouth.... *dunno3

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Wow 15 times an hour. I feel like that’s going to be me. So do you use a special pillow, if so does it help any?

Its a nasal pillow instead of a mask that covers your nose/mouth, i am not a mouthbreather hence this style was fitted for me.

They need to do a sleep study on you to figure out what fits you the best if you need the help. Surgery was an option for me but I declined as wanted least invasive thing when it comes to my nose/mouth. They will explain what options fits you the best.

Wishing you the best of luck

Attachments

nobodyknows71

For a Phoenix to rise, it must first burn.
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey, @nobodyknows71
My partner has sleep apnoea, he always holds his breathe when asleep and it’s awful, I nudge him at least 20-30 times before I fall asleep so he starts breathing again. He has a cpap, that he used for a while, but he got extremely frustrated with having to wear it at night, I mean he did get used to it but for some reason he stopped (can’t remember why now) and never went back to using it, which is bloody annoying as his snoring is horrendous! I would happily shove one of his dirty smelly socks in his mouth.... *dunno3
Thanks, this made me laugh. I’m sure my partner feels the same lol

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00