slipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritxfade

i feel like i'm going backwards, slipping back into depression....

it's not a nice feeling. there were some days where i almost felt normal. but now? no. i feel like there's no point in doing anything. i don't want to do anything. i can't bring myself to do the things i love to do. i feel like the darkness is coming back, and i feel like it's not going to go away this time.

but it's still different. i just feel down. no suicidal thoughts (yet), which is good, i guess, but i want to cut more than ever.

i thought i was getting better.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Can you call your doctor or therapist make a earlier appt to just let them know how you are feeling so you don't slip any further okay. Stop this spiral before it gets worse hugs

Nick_K

I've had that feeling of slipping before and if you catch it early it might be stopped, usually this means too much stress and taking some time for adequate self care (sleep/rest, nutrition, exercise, positive activities, etc.) is what is needed. That and not adding energy to the problem by struggling against it. That's just my experience though. I don't know what you're going through and it's often not realistic for me to take some time out for myself so that may be your situation as well. IMHO getting better doesn't mean the feelings go away but you get better at recognizing what is going on and have the tools to cope with it when the feelings do hit you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00