St. John's Wort

yada

Having been informed about this by someone on this site, I investigated and am taking St. John's Wort now. In my research, I have not found a clear indication of how long I should be taking this before I start to feel some positive effects, and hoping that some of you might be able to provide first-hand information. I am not on any other medication, btw.

Thanks,
-Yada yada yada.

yada

And I also just heard about MSM and SAM-E from a doctor friend (not a psych, but she pointed to these as possible OTC remedies). Any first-hand info on these would be appreciated.

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I've never taken St John's Wort so can't say for sure but I've been told it can take a month or two to feel results. As for MSM, I know that it's a naturally occurring sulfur compound that's "critical for the formation of healthy connective tissue" - whatever that means. I give it to our dog to keep her from having seizures. I got that info from my book "NATURAL PET CURES". So far it's working.

least

P

ProzacDeathWish

I have tried St. Johns Wort, Kava Kava, L-theanine, etc . with no effect.

I'm beginning to think that I could take twenty hits of LSD and remain perfectly lucid !:mellow:

J
I dunno but I'm going to try it for a few months, I could let you know after a while if it's had any effect on me.

Personally I doubt it will work for myself, from what I've read it's only been effective on rather mild cases of depression.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00