• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Suicidal Thoughts - Are you Feeling Suicidal Today?

Telling the truth about people who hurt you is hard. Very hard. I hope you find peace, and if you do, please come back and tell me how.
I've reached a point where I'm very angry with it all. It feels like a poison I need to get out of me. I don't want to go to my grave without at least telling the police about it. Thanks, I will tell you if I find it. I hope I can find it. 🙏
 

JanisSPK

Well-Known Member
Re: Are you feeling suicidal today?

No not anymore. I can't afford it. And one depressed person in the "family" is enough. So no one really knows how I feel. That's part of the problem, too I think.
There is a MEDITATION CLUB thread here. Whether you are familiar with meditation or not, there are many different kinds and you may find one type or style soothing or calming or healing for yourself even if you only listen for a few minutes at a time. or when you are going to sleep or arising or just have it softly playing in your background area somewhere.

I'm just seeing my error posting the above, I was not reading the last days of postings but some older ones aways back in the thread. I will leave the post though as it may be of help to someone currently.
 
Last edited:

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
i will not go by my own hand. i will wait until god calls me home. i had a bad night with pain last night and my wife, bless her heart helped me through it. today my wife told me that i kept asking why i couldn't go home , i even asked god why he didn't take me home. i don't remember this lol. today was a bit better. i just have to hang on because things are much worse because of post sepsis syndrome but i know i will get better. so no i won't go by suicide i will go by the gentle hand of god, even if it kills me lol

mike
 
A few years ago I was actively suicidal, it was all I could think about and I made a number of attempts. Since then I have made many changes and would say I am no longer suicidal, but I have recently been remembering that time when I was. Certain scenes and events go through my head, I walk through them step by step, almost like some sort of fantasy. Is this normal? Is it normal for these memories to hang over you? Those days were traumatic and I wonder if this is a sort of ptsd but there are times when I can feel that familiar kick in the stomach which used to come with the urges to end it all. I have had a counsellor of over a year who has been really helpful but we only have another 7 sessions left. These memories have become worse recently and I wonder if knowing I’m losing my counsellor is having some kind of effect on me. That I will be alone and not able to discuss these feelings. Anyway, really just wanted to ask, do you ever move past these worst days of your life or do they always stay with you and replay in your head?
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
A few years ago I was actively suicidal, it was all I could think about and I made a number of attempts. Since then I have made many changes and would say I am no longer suicidal, but I have recently been remembering that time when I was. Certain scenes and events go through my head, I walk through them step by step, almost like some sort of fantasy. Is this normal? Is it normal for these memories to hang over you? Those days were traumatic and I wonder if this is a sort of ptsd but there are times when I can feel that familiar kick in the stomach which used to come with the urges to end it all. I have had a counsellor of over a year who has been really helpful but we only have another 7 sessions left. These memories have become worse recently and I wonder if knowing I’m losing my counsellor is having some kind of effect on me. That I will be alone and not able to discuss these feelings. Anyway, really just wanted to ask, do you ever move past these worst days of your life or do they always stay with you and replay in your head?
*hug*shake
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
do you ever move past these worst days of your life or do they always stay with you and replay in your head?
I find the replays happen much less often than they used to, and their potency to cause a strong emotion has changed, lessened. It's taken a long time. It would've been better if I had a counselor but so far have not come across someone who suits. I hope you can maintain equanimity.
 

MAC0

Y.N.W.A
SF Supporter
I am at a point this last 2 days where I wish I could switch my brain off as any free time my mind drifts to thinking about it while its always been there since 2020 I had to being a small whisper in the back of my mind but now its very much a shout so as I said I wish I could turn my brain off from thinking for a time just want some peace
 
Anyway, really just wanted to ask, do you ever move past these worst days of your life or do they always stay with you and replay in your head?
I think traumatic memories have a way of popping up. Maybe in an ideal situation they'd only come back to you once every few years vs every day and all the time. I think you can also limit the severity of their impact when they do occur.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
due to post sepsis syndrome kicking my ass and chronic pain getting worse i think of it often. it's still passing thoughts or fantasy most of the time but definately taking more lorazepam to stay on the good side. i will NOT die by my hand, the reaper will have to do his own job lol. i am slowly getting better so optimistic also if that makes sense.

mike
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$255.00
Top