Suicide: Why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about this for a while now but I haven't made a decision yet. I stumbled across this forum looking for a reason not to kill myself before I decide to go through with it. I mean really, why not kill myself? I honestly can't think of anything.

Hi. My name is James. On the night of my 17th birthday I sat right here, in front of the computer, with about half a bottle of IB Profin spilled out in front of me and a glass of water. I was pretty close to just downing them. That was a few weeks ago now, and I've taken the bottle out a few times since to see if I could go through with it. Unfortunatley, I'm still here.

I just want to end everything, just give up. I don't hate life, I just hate my life. I'm so sick of it. I don't remember when I first started feeling depressed all the time. A few years, probably. At first it wasn't that bad, but its gotten worse as time went on up until around now where I'm seriously considering suicide as an option.

Drugs don't help. I know. Alcohol doesn't really make me feel any better. Maybe I should see a psychologist. Maybe I should be on some kind of meds. I don't know. All I know is that I'm hating life right now. I've hated life for a long time. I don't like where I am or where I'm going and I don't see anywhere else to go but down.

What I'm trying to say is this. I've been on a downward spiral for a long time now. And I'm about to hit the bottom. Very, very soon. Maybe in a few weeks. Maybe tomorrow. I don't want to die, but I don't want to live more. I can't stand waking up every morning knowing that I'm going to have to get through the whole day before I can sleep again. I don't see why I should wake up and live anymore. If I kill myself tonight I don't think that anyone would really care. People I know would probably be shocked. Maybe a little confused. But they wouldn't really miss me.

Why should I go on? Why not kill myself? I was thinking maybe someone here might know, since a few of you have probably been through the same kind of thoughts and feelings.

My theory(but I'm not sure how much it's worth) is that life is too much of an amazing thing to give up on, unless you've exhausted all of your resources. Maybe seeing a psychologist and taking some sort of medicine would make life livable for you again. The possibility of feeling better should give you hope. I'm not saying that life is something to be given up on ever, but it's worth a shot to try everything you can.

painsource

Yeah,You should try and get some meds.They can change your whole perspective.First check out www.remedyfind.com .They have reviews of meds,alternative treatments for just about everything,sounds like you have depression.Some of the before and after medications are very drastic!:biggrin:

Forgotten_Man

Ha ha... I don't want to die but I don't want to keep living any more either... interesting how we all think alike...

Why keep living... well I cannot tell you... I don't know why myself... but if you don't want to die try doing what I do... make life a blur... well I am still working on it.. becoming a mindless numb blur to make life pass by faster.

But as they say, once you hit rock bottom it is nothing but up from there.... I mean it just depends on when you think you are going to hit it... if ever...

Forgotten_Man said:
Ha ha... I don't want to die but I don't want to keep living any more either... interesting how we all think alike...
Sometimes when I say "I wish I was dead" what I really mean is "I wish I was never born"....

Simon.

I

i_am_not_here

Forgotten_Man said:
But as they say, once you hit rock bottom it is nothing but up from there.... I mean it just depends on when you think you are going to hit it... if ever...
You could hit rock bottom and stay at rock bottom. *sigh*

firstly i advise you NOT to take meds because of them my friend killed herself they didnt work they made things worse. im not gonna come on hear and try and convince you not to commit suicide but i am going to say that you should take a break from family,friends,work,college or whatever is getting you down and take that time to figure out what you realy want in life and what you want to get out of life. im no psycyotrist, i cant even spell it, infact im just a 15 year old kid but i no how depressing life can get ive been through it all in the short time ive been alive. all i no is life is what you make it and if you dont like the way this are going then change them. i no its not easy to do this but you'll get alot out of it. also find something you realy want no matter how small or big it is and just go for it.

i hope i have help in some way
charlotte

Forgotten_Man

SMPX06 said:
Sometimes when I say "I wish I was dead" what I really mean is "I wish I was never born"....

Simon.
Ha indeed I wish that many times as well....

i_am_not_here said:
You could hit rock bottom and stay at rock bottom. *sigh*
I know you can stay at rock bottom or even better hit a false rock bottom and then fall even further... I am just saying to sound positive and uplifting or something..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00