the cats out of the bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wienerman

well a friend of mine recently revealed that he knew i was on anti depressants, and had known for a few months. this all dates back to the incident where i had to have an ambulance called for me, and he over heard me telling the paramedic about my meds.

he never mentioned it, until one day online he asked (after i said i was tired) if the meds made me drowsy at all. then we got into a long convo where i told him everything, about wanting to die, the self harm, the causes, etc. all he said in responce was that he wasnt surprised by me being this way, just by how bad it was.

i am in two minds about this, in one hand i am worried about him telling others, and treating me differently. however it is a relief that someone actually knows outside my family, and here.

B

**BeautyIsThin**

He doesn't sound like he would treat you any differently * He didn't treat you any differently after the paramedic thing did he?

W

wienerman

**BeautyIsThin** said:
He doesn't sound like he would treat you any differently * He didn't treat you any differently after the paramedic thing did he?
no, but i am worried about some people's reactions, not many people feel its a real illness, just something you have to get over.:dry:

B

**BeautyIsThin**

If they treat you differently they aren't really your friends * And if they aren't really your friends their opinion doesn't really matter *

I understand what you mean about some people not thinking depression is an illness and it peeves me off soooooo much! I don't think many people think this way though and if your mate was to tell other people (I don't see why he should, afterall, it's personal to you) they should understand or at least ask you about it and confront you, if they were to treat you differently then I wouldn't be mad at them, I'd only be mad at them if they were to be very unsympathetic towards you and to have a go and say depression is stupid etc.. but I don't think that would happen. I think what you need to do is to talk to the mate who found out, and ask him to keep it to himself. All you can do then is wait, and see what happens because there's nothing else you can do, unless you want to tell your other friends in case they do find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00