The pain is unbearable

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girlfriend of 6 years broke up with me three days ago out of nowhere. We had plans of getting married, having kids, growing up and getting old with each other. She has been my entire world. We've been a long distance apart for the last two years but I flew to see her regularly. She was apart of every one of my goals that I ever wanted, talked about the future all the time, and now she is just done with me. She says she doesn't feel the same way about us anymore. The pain has been so deep that I haven't been able to sleep or eat but a couple hours because of exhaustion. I try to talk to people, but nothing makes me feel better. They can't possibly understand what it feels like to hurt this bad, to not be able to get the knives out of my heart, not knowing how long it would take, if ever, to get over her. I spent most of last night researching the most painless way of killing yourself and it made me realize that I think I could actually do it. Send everyone that truly cares about me a letter and<mod edit- methods> in a random place. I want to so bad, and I don't know if this place will help with the pain. I guess I should try.

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi Stephen,

Sorry to hear about the breakup with your girlfriend. Sometimes, relationships don't always work out the way you want them to. The pain will ease with time. In the meantime you need to get out and about and do things to keep your mind occupied which will help you distract yourself from how you are feeling.

K8E

Splitting up with someone you love is a horrible thing and the feelings of rejection and being abandoned can seem overwhelming. Have you told your girlfriend how you feel? You could write her a letter even if you don't post it because sometimes putting things onto paper helps to work though your feelings.
I left my husband after 20 years of marriage in December and he says that he never saw it coming but I had talked to him for years about problem that we were having and he just kept ignoring it. I can promise you that your girlfriend will also be in pain. Six years is a long while to be with someone, especially when you've been making plans about the future. I' m sure that it wasn't an easy decision for her. Maybe in time you'll realise that you weren't right for one another. You have had a major loss and you are grieving. It is as painful as a death, sometimes worse, for some people.
Just keep putting one foot in front another, do what you have to get through the day. I ate rubbish food and watched rubbish TV for weeks before starting to feel better. Is there anyone that you can talk to because that might help too? And yes, this site will help. It helped me.
Take care and look after yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

sudut

My girlfriend of 6 years broke up with me three days ago out of nowhere. We had plans of getting married, having kids, growing up and getting old with each other. She has been my entire world...
Welcome to the club. this happens to everyone. atleast she didn't wait to divorce you after you marry. Good thing is that this wound will heal and this pain will eventually go away, no matter how unbearable it feels now. believe me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00