• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Therapist told me my next session will be are last

MAC0

Y.N.W.A
SF Supporter
#1
as above they did a private review and he came out in the middle of are session just now telling me this built me up and then dropped that in which now worries me am I going to be cut off without help he said we will workout where we go from there in the appointment after the bank holiday but still

I
 

Unenthusiastic

🌳🌲🌲🌳🌲🌳🌲
#2
as above they did a private review and he came out in the middle of are session just now telling me this built me up and then dropped that in which now worries me am I going to be cut off without help he said we will workout where we go from there in the appointment after the bank holiday but still

I
Is it because of compatibility issues or something else? I must admit I've not been following any other posts you may have made on the subject, but this one caught my eye.
 

MAC0

Y.N.W.A
SF Supporter
#3
Is it because of compatibility issues or something else? I must admit I've not been following any other posts you may have made on the subject, but this one caught my eye.
No its the system they have a few appointments maybe 6 then have a private review where they decide if they think you need more help or not and can stop your sessions after that

that is where I am now I understand there busy but not sure I am ready to be cut off without help
 

MAC0

Y.N.W.A
SF Supporter
#5
They did tell me about it from the start that there would be a review at a certain point and in that they would decide if they will carry on to help us

I am ok if it is just maybe they change the session to once every 2 weeks or monthly but no support at all is going to be hard as the only other apart from here I have it is Samaritans and they when you talk with them are different people each time and dont keep notes so you are reminding them each email you send
 

Unenthusiastic

🌳🌲🌲🌳🌲🌳🌲
#6
No its the system they have a few appointments maybe 6 then have a private review where they decide if they think you need more help or not and can stop your sessions after that

that is where I am now I understand there busy but not sure I am ready to be cut off without help
I see. Did you like this therapist?
 

MAC0

Y.N.W.A
SF Supporter
#9
I wish the system worked better than it does.

I'm glad you at least have SF.
its funny he said that he asked me if I remembered the support package we sent if i need it which had phone numbers for Samaritans and care and others he also mentioned here so think he was hinting at i will be alone after
 

Innocent Forever

πŸ’πŸ₯œπŸŒ
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
#10
There are charities and I've not been following enough to know but I wonder if your GP can help. I've also found psycho education to be really helpful.
 

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
#11
Also, it may be possible to see if he/she would be willing to continue to see you at a reduced rate....as that is what I was able to do.... know that it's hard.
 

MAC0

Y.N.W.A
SF Supporter
#12
Only thing I can do is wait till the the Monday after the bank holiday and see what he says I would be ok with a session every 2 weeks or one a month its just the way he said its are last session kind of think I if I get more help it will be with new people which seems crazy as you have worked with this one person so far for 5 weeks
 

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
#13
I know.... I agree whole heartedly... for me I found a month a bit long but 2 or 3 weeks worked... sending you positive thoughts. Just speaks volumes of how insurance views MH... but don't get me started on that one. Sending positive thoughts....
 

Road to Nowhere

πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸ’«
SF Supporter
#14
Sorry to hear about your therapy sessions being canceled, hopefully, you can find a new therapist soon and one that is an in-person session wish you all the best. *shake
 

MAC0

Y.N.W.A
SF Supporter
#15
I am in the UK and having this I understand there busy and dont have all the time in the world thanks to government cuts but my sessions are 30 mins a week

hell even Samaritan's now takes over a minute to answer the phone as with the cost of living crisis here more are reaching out for help I just feel I need someone to talk with it cannot be a coincidence I have had a few good normal weeks and they have been while I have been in therapy only the last 3 weekends and now have I have been manic down

he did say we need to get to the bottom of why weekends trigger me more right now so maybe I can hope for more
 
#16
I am in the UK and having this I understand there busy and dont have all the time in the world thanks to government cuts but my sessions are 30 mins a week

hell even Samaritan's now takes over a minute to answer the phone as with the cost of living crisis here more are reaching out for help I just feel I need someone to talk with it cannot be a coincidence I have had a few good normal weeks and they have been while I have been in therapy only the last 3 weekends and now have I have been manic down

he did say we need to get to the bottom of why weekends trigger me more right now so maybe I can hope for more
I get counselling (6 sessions a year) through my employer's insurance, and they never told me that after the 6 sessions we can be rolled over for 6 more... indefinitely. So I wonder if it's the same kind of system. Insist that you need more help. In preparation, you might want to write down how your condition is causing you 1) significant Distress and 2) Difficulty functioning. Good luck. *hug
 

MAC0

Y.N.W.A
SF Supporter
#19
Just thinking I am going to try and get a call back from my doctor in 30 mins if I do even if they had nothing to do with me getting therapy do you think they might know something
 

MAC0

Y.N.W.A
SF Supporter
#20
So talked to my Doc this is what she said when I asked if that means my sessions will just stop and I will be cut off she said yes they only offer a group of sessions for people because otherwise they would have people in therapy for months or years

that makes no sense to me but guess that's it she said I would need to wait 3 months then I can refer myself back again for another go around she also started the clock on my other referral so I now have 18 week wait till I can get to see someone else to send me to a hospital for treatment which will take another 2 months but anyway at least something is being done from the day she cancelled the hospital any bad changes in me are on them
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top