• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Empathy Only therapy burnt out

HappyKitty

•✮• SF's pet kitty, full of kittens & colours •✮•
All i can just say that... pcos is so tough. I’ve been working on being accountable with eat, exercise, sleep and stress management a lot. I’ve been getting a lot of therapist lately and I’m seeing my new physiotherapist therapy later. Everything feels too much. Idk but I am feeling drained for going to hospitals a lot but if I take a break from it, my doctor would seriously reprimanded me.

Anyway can I take a break? i wishhhhh

Hi @HappyKitty . Therapy can be exhausting, both psychotherapy and physiotherapy. And I can only imagine how draining going to hospitals is with the whole Covid thing, I know I certainly found it draining before a surgery I had, and that was long before covid complicated everything.

Try to look at the therapy as a journey towards the goal(s). Therapy is a pathway leading to a better quality of life. It may not be enjoyable right now, but keep the goal in mind, and how much better you will feel once you achieve that goal.

Please stay safe and take care

HappyKitty

Yea, like I've been going hospitals/clinic almost every month now. The hardest part of it is keeping track and practices in between. I know its alright to have a day off from self improving and took time for self care but my time management for this is out of hand already. I despise the fact that I'm having trouble managing time for my medical things.

🥺 I'm really disheartened. I want break but I really can't. I know my endocrine doc is gonna get super pissy at me on my next appointment that I postponed cause I forgot to get my blood test done. I wonder if I can just get multivitamin OTC in the interim since this next appointment is in Jan 2021 and I can't get my next vitamin when it runs out end of this month... Without blood test? I know I should call them back but they told me to wait so now I have to bear suffering in being low vitamin deficiences for 3 months. I'm gonna drop. Its not gonna help with my energy/glucose levels. My endocrinologist gonna get super pissed.

I'm just rambling, the consequences is damn frightening about what my doc say, "crucial to eat and sleep well even if I don't like it! do not stress yourself out & that can destroy mental and physically in general that my hormones will never be back in order and if I miss my pms for more than 3 months again despite my HRT, I can be cancerous which is what we've been working on at the hospital, we've been trying to avoid that and using the benefit of HPV vaccine. To top it up, that and a high bmi together can cause diabetic as well. Its gonna be a road to disaster... PCOS triggers is bad"

I am just greatful for now, I have been taking care of myself strictly and taking meds as directed to prevent cancer and diabetes considering how hard it is to lower down my bmi. I am just in a bad shape atm. I've been exercising with friends and hanging out with friends to distract from the health worries myself and them for motivating me to regulate healthy lifestyle chances. It's hard, I am drowning.

How do you organise your time for this, which other than having MARS chart for meds done? @NobodySpecial

Last edited:
How do you organise your time for this, which other than having MARS chart for meds done?
As silly as it sounds, I used my phone/computer. I would set recurring reminders and put every appointment, including travel time, in my phone, including which meds to take and when. I would use an app to track what I ate, ot at least write it down in a note on my phone. I figured since I always have it, that was the best place to track all of this stuff.

I have been taking care of myself strictly and taking meds as directed to prevent cancer and diabetes considering how hard it is to lower down my bmi.
I'm glad you are taking care of yourself. I know it is tough, I struggle to even get out of bed most mornings, let alone exercise. But I'm glad you are taking care of yourself.

(btw: What is a MARS chart? When I google it I get astrological stuff?)

HappyKitty

I'm glad you are taking care of yourself. I know it is tough, I struggle to even get out of bed most mornings, let alone exercise. But I'm glad you are taking care of yourself.
Hahahahaha ikr.
At least this made me smile for now. *hug

(btw: What is a MARS chart? When I google it I get astrological stuff?)
I forgot what its called. But its something for you to write down all your meds rules at a glance.

HappyKitty

I just think I need another positive affirmation. And this actually helped stopped my worries. I thought that not having progress in lowering down my bmi is going no where despite whatever shit I've tried but I like your idea to be proud of ourselves for I at least did get out of bed to be active and exercise even if its a bit bit and has friends to cheer me on too. My friend is hanging out with me for lunch today before my first afternoon physio sess, that I'm happy too.

Thanks you. :D *hug

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$150.00
Goal
$255.00