Thinking of going to crisis

Were all together

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
It's not uncommon to feel that way. Though he doesn't treat you right. You're safe. Without him, you're on an uncharted course. In your time, you'll know when you will be ready. Focus on your depression first. Then, take it day to day. You always have us.

bethygal83

It's not uncommon to feel that way. Though he doesn't treat you right. You're safe. Without him, you're on an uncharted course. In your time, you'll know when you will be ready. Focus on your depression first. Then, take it day to day. You always have us.
I feel like I can tell you guys my problems freely. It’s hard to tell my family everything that is going on with me. My mom is kinda judgemental. She thinks since she worked as a psych aide for 30 years she knows what isbest. She isn’t a psychologist. I have a good psychiatrist though i can tell her my problems and what is going on and she listens. I’m now taking 200mg of topamax x2 daily. Still having panic attacks though I have my good days and bad days and I’m trying to take one day at a time.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Still having panic attacks though I have my good days and bad days and I’m trying to take one day at a time.
Hi again, I can relate to the anxiety and panic attacks, there are a few tips I could give you;

1. Get a lavender candle and drop, use it in your bedroom, bathroom, put some oil on your night clothes, its a very relaxing scent and may help you sleep better too.

2. When you are having a panic attack, breath into a paper bag, it can help the hyperventilating symptom.

3. A book. Not just any book, a book recommended by psychiatrists all over the word, its called ''Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway'' by Dr.Susan Jeffers, it has helped me a lot.

4. When you start to feel the anxiety coming on, fill up the bath with either hot or cold water, changing temps might help as can changing location, like going out and getting fresh air.

5. When you feel an attack coming on, hop onto SF and post your thoughts here and we will try our best to help you through it.

6. Keep taking it one day at a time or if its easier, try one hour at a time.

7. Binge watch something on NetFlix, it will distract you and keep you occupied.

I hope something I posted there is useful, i hope today is a better day for you *hug

bethygal83

Hi again, I can relate to the anxiety and panic attacks, there are a few tips I could give you;

1. Get a lavender candle and drop, use it in your bedroom, bathroom, put some oil on your night clothes, its a very relaxing scent and may help you sleep better too.

2. When you are having a panic attack, breath into a paper bag, it can help the hyperventilating symptom.

3. A book. Not just any book, a book recommended by psychiatrists all over the word, its called ''Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway'' by Dr.Susan Jeffers, it has helped me a lot.

4. When you start to feel the anxiety coming on, fill up the bath with either hot or cold water, changing temps might help as can changing location, like going out and getting fresh air.

5. When you feel an attack coming on, hop onto SF and post your thoughts here and we will try our best to help you through it.

6. Keep taking it one day at a time or if its easier, try one hour at a time.

7. Binge watch something on NetFlix, it will distract you and keep you occupied.

I hope something I posted there is useful, i hope today is a better day for you *hug
Thanks for the suggestions I have tried lavender oil in the past when I was going to partial hospitalization in the past and it did help some. Never thought of the bag. Today was rough I had to go to my uncles viewing I don’t do well with death and tommorow is the funeral. I really don’t feel comfortable at funerals or comfortable with death. I just don’t do well with death. And I know that makes me weird I just can’t cope and death scares me. I know we all die someday.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$130.00
Goal
$255.00