Thursday June 25, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Good morning, afternoon everybody. Thought I'd open the cafe today.

It's Global Beatles Day.

1) do you like their music? What are some of your favorite songs?

In this cafe, I'd have a "jukebox" yes I'm an old head, where you all could pick your music and drink your drinks and chat, read, whatever you like.

Here's a link to Beatle facts.

2) any plans or projects for rest of the summer?

3) What past decade or century/time period would you like to live in and why?

Have a nice day
Screenshot_20200625-063518_Google.jpg

Tagging @Kiwi2016 @Baywasp @Kira @Walker @BlueGreen @Innocent Forever @SillyOldBear @pooky @sinking_ship @Witty✯Sarcasm @MisterBGone @JMG @Road to Nowhere @BlackOpium

Help tag please

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Hi Lane, good job opening :)

I like The Beatles. They're probably not something I would put on at home, I'm not even sure we have any Beatles tracks, but I like them when they come on the radio.

My mum was a massive Beatles fan and saw them live several times - a fact she's very proud of!

1) My favourite Beatles song is Come Together. I remember it being played a lot in the car when I was a child and I loved the cover of it that the Arctic Monkeys performed at the 2012 Olympics. It's being used on a couple of commercials on the TV at the moment and it always makes me smile.

2) No particular plans or projects for the summer. We're finally getting all or our fallen down fencing replaced so I'll hopefully get the garden looking good again.

3) I'd probably go back to the 70s. I was too young to appreciate Punk at the time.

britishbloke

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thanks for opening the cafe @Lane and thanks for the tag @Sunspots

1) I love the Beatles, they remind me of my childhood, while my dad used to blast heavy metal and classic rock stuff. They always remind me of my mother.

2) Not really to be honest, I would've liked to have done more for my daughter's birthday but... World situation makes it hard! Maybe just getting out a little bit more would be good!

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
Hiya, @Lane - thanks for opening the Café today! @Sunspots - thanks for the tag!

Global Beatles Day! Wow! I wanna hold your hand! <— just one of my faves. I grew up with the Beatles on the radio, so all their songs of kind of faves.

@Sunspots - your mum has every right to be very proud of having seen them live several times! Lucky woman!! :)

A couple of years ago, my church did a whole “Beatles service” - a mix of hymns with Beatles’ songs that were relevant to the sermon. It was great! Most of us in the congregation are a bit older, so we all knew the Beatles songs really well! Oh, and we knew the hymns, too. *halo :D

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
It's Global Beatles Day.

Sorry, can't stand them. Over hyped skiffle band who were shite at performing live. I can go on, but that would be too inflammatory*bleh

2) any plans or projects for rest of the summer? Not really apart from getting a few jobs done in the garden, cracking the mysteries of time travel without messing up anytime lines, oh and finding a solution for global peace.

As the cafe is music themed, maybe the 60's or 70's where you had the likes of The Who, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors banging around in their pomp amongst many others.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Good morning, afternoon everybody. Thought I'd open the cafe today.

It's Global Beatles Day.

In this cafe, I'd have a "jukebox" yes I'm an old head, where you all could pick your music and drink your drinks and chat, read, whatever you like.

Here's a link to Beatle facts.

Have a nice day
View attachment 34698

Tagging @Kiwi2016 @Baywasp @Kira @Walker @BlueGreen @Innocent Forever @SillyOldBear @pooky @sinking_ship @Witty✯Sarcasm @MisterBGone @JMG @Road to Nowhere @BlackOpium

Help tag please
As for songs, I've always thought Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds was catchy. And I actually only recently found out that it was clearly based on Lennon's love of LSD, haha. At least, until he discovered heroin. I feel you, bro. Once you go "smack", you never go back.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
2) any plans or projects for rest of the summer? Not really apart from getting a few jobs done in the garden, cracking the mysteries of time travel without messing up anytime lines, oh and finding a solution for global peace.
Is that before or after you get a plane ticket to come kidnap me and smuggle me into the UK?... Preferably with a job all ready to go after I finish my degree. Keep me posted.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Is that before or after you get a plane ticket to come kidnap me and smuggle me into the UK?... Preferably with a job all ready to go after I finish my degree. Keep me posted.
And I suppose you're expecting a Business Class ticket as well?

Davemeister

Hi everybody and thankyou Sunspots for tagging me :)

I like The Beatles but I don't listen to them often because they're very old hat. I like most of their better known songs but the most influential one would have to be Ýellow Submarine.'

I'm anxious about being approved for a loan at the moment because I want this new gaming dedicated phone which is coming out mid July. My plans are to reach gold tier in pubg mobile, and finish a short story or novelette that I'm working on.

I'd like to have lived in the early to mid 19th Century, before the use of English and language in general had deteriorated. I think I'd have enjoyed writing literature. However, I only say this from my present understanding/sociological perspective since I'd effectively "be returning" to those days with the desire of writing something more modern than what was generally written back then.

It's Global Beatles Day.

I don't think I've even heard their music apart from the odd song a long time ago. Not really, sounded kinda bland to me

I just want to be happy! Not sure you'd call it a plan as such, but my only concern this summer is to make up with my best friend and be happy again, and then finally be able to relax. I need to get lots of gardening done, I want to clear out some stuff, stargaze, I think that's it

I wanna go back to the 90's! I loved childhood

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Hi Lane, good job opening :)

I like The Beatles. They're probably not something I would put on at home, I'm not even sure we have any Beatles tracks, but I like them when they come on the radio.

My mum was a massive Beatles fan and saw them live several times - a fact she's very proud of!

1) My favourite Beatles song is Come Together. I remember it being played a lot in the car when I was a child and I loved the cover of it that the Arctic Monkeys performed at the 2012 Olympics. It's being used on a couple of commercials on the TV at the moment and it always makes me smile.

2) No particular plans or projects for the summer. We're finally getting all or our fallen down fencing replaced so I'll hopefully get the garden looking good again.

3) I'd probably go back to the 70s. I was too young to appreciate Punk at the time.
I'm honestly all Beatled out at this point in my life - and I'm kind of old. Been overdone with them for years in fact, but I probably love(ed) 93% of their music and proud of it too!😊😁. They've influenced so many others even nowadays!!! Thanks 4 the tag btw Lu! & great café @Lane

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
any plans or projects for rest of the summer?
Well as of right now I'll try to continue struggling. We also have work on the home to do in order to sell at better than a bargain price but summer is too hot for that.

What past decade or century/time period would you like to live in and why?
maybe 1980s in order to redo some crucial things in a better way and do some crucial undone things in order to make what follows better (and with some happiness) than it actually turned out.

BlueGreen

Thanks for the tag @Lane!

I wouldn't say I'm a fan but then again, when a song comes on I usually like it and sing along! Very few I don't like (Yellow Submarine! *huh) but I like Hey Bulldog and While My Guitar Gently Weeps, just thinking off the top of my head. Probably lots more.

No real plans at all but I think there might be a lot of hospital visits as it looks like my husband might have a third melanoma.

I liked when I was born, I loved the 70's as a teenager and the 80's after that. I think I'd go back to the 80's. Things felt more optimistic then (despite the politics).

Tagging @JDot @Lilmeowmeow @Gonz @Flying Fox @KM76710 @DrownedFishOnFire @kittykatt @Paisley @Lara_C @Myaing

Myaing

. . . ☯ . . .
Hello, thanks for the tag.
Oh, I really loved The Beatles when I was in high school. Not anymore tho... I think I overdosed at some point. My fav songs were... I don't remember anymore, haha. I do recall really loving "Here comes the Sun"

I would probably love to live somewhere in 1960... because of the drugs, haha And Jimi Hendrix... not a fan of Hippies tho. I don't know. Maybe medieval times... but there's the plague and all... I think I'm actually fine where I am right now. *thumbsup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00