ToSupport for DID

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
I don't have DID, but I do dissociate. I can't fully relate, because I have no idea what it's like to live with other personalities in your own body. I do know what it's like to lose time and to do things you have no recollection of, but others around you do. I used to try to explain to people that I don't remember that because ... or I apologize for whatever it is .... It was often just seen as an excuse for shitty behavior or forgetting something important. I don't bother to mention it anymore. I'm not sure most people even believe it. A friend got to witness it, and I'm pretty sure he believes it. One of those things you don't talk about. I need to add that to the list.

cinderstodust

I hope it's ok to start a thread for DID, dissociative disorders.
I call alters, my insiders. A little more about me. I'm a survivor of csa and ritual abuse. I've been in therapy for close to seven years. This time of year is particularly difficult for me.
I’m so sorry. We lost our host yesterday she’s in the void we aren’t coping the Little’s are terrified

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I’m so sorry. We lost our host yesterday she’s in the void we aren’t coping the Little’s are terrified
Welcome to the SF family @cinderstodust
I don't live with this, I understand up to an extent from the blogs I've followed. And that sounds terrifying..... I hope you have someone external some of you trust, or don't distrust, who can help you navigate this.
Sending hugs your way

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
@cinderstodust we don't mention timelines or methods on here to keep it safe for everyone.

I'm sorry it hurts so much. It's definitely tough. And can feel like it's impossible to continue on for a moment longer.
Is there anything that helps you feel better for the moment?
Sending hugs your way...

ameliaQ

SF Supporter
I don't have DID but I have recently been listening to a podcast called "System Speak" that is a woman who trained as a psychologist and also had DID. I think she is quite articulate in the way she speaks about her own experiences and thought I would mention it here in case it could help someone else. I hope you all are well.

Jayjay289

Jay Jay from the UK
Staff Alumni
Can I be part of this thread sorry but this is fascinating I have never come across such condition before and happy to learn about this and the effects it has on the body and mind, whilst I can’t contribute it would be interesting to learn and be part of this experience if that’s okay with you guys??

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
I don't have DID but I have recently been listening to a podcast called "System Speak" that is a woman who trained as a psychologist and also had DID. I think she is quite articulate in the way she speaks about her own experiences and thought I would mention it here in case it could help someone else. I hope you all are well.
I'm always hoping to get to speak with people who have DID or the related dissociative disorders. I may be considered one myself being with hijacker. hijacker itself is not actually a complete personality on its own - that is, when hijacker comes around I don't find I had periods I cannot remember, but it is that hijacker's "will" prevails at times - particularly times of self harm - leaving me unable to oppose/contradict it. I find myself engaged in something I don't want and feel myself fearing and hating what is happening while being very aware of hijacker's feelings of pleasure and satisfaction.

Yes, I would like to listen to the podcast. Thanks for mentioning it.

I also have heard, and read an article that suggests DID is not a real condition. My feeling about this is - having spoken with people claiming to have DID - is that there has to be something going on for an individual to behave that way. In one way or another it is a real condition. I also do believe I have picked up on skepticism toward me when I've spoken about hijacker. at any rate, many simply don't understand what I try to explain. It becomes very frustrating leaving myself and I'm sure many with DID feeling alone and helpless in "the real world" while being trapped in my/their own real world of dissociation and being not believed.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Can I be part of this thread sorry but this is fascinating I have never come across such condition before and happy to learn about this and the effects it has on the body and mind, whilst I can’t contribute it would be interesting to learn and be part of this experience if that’s okay with you guys??
Yes Jayjay, please do participate here. I'm hoping DID and my form of Dissociation and other people who have some kind of "other" in their minds becomes better known and understood. I'm glad you're interested.

ameliaQ

SF Supporter
I'm always hoping to get to speak with people who have DID or the related dissociative disorders. I may be considered one myself being with hijacker. hijacker itself is not actually a complete personality on its own - that is, when hijacker comes around I don't find I had periods I cannot remember, but it is that hijacker's "will" prevails at times - particularly times of self harm - leaving me unable to oppose/contradict it. I find myself engaged in something I don't want and feel myself fearing and hating what is happening while being very aware of hijacker's feelings of pleasure and satisfaction.

Yes, I would like to listen to the podcast. Thanks for mentioning it.

I also have heard, and read an article that suggests DID is not a real condition. My feeling about this is - having spoken with people claiming to have DID - is that there has to be something going on for an individual to behave that way. In one way or another it is a real condition. I also do believe I have picked up on skepticism toward me when I've spoken about hijacker. at any rate, many simply don't understand what I try to explain. It becomes very frustrating leaving myself and I'm sure many with DID feeling alone and helpless in "the real world" while being trapped in my/their own real world of dissociation and being not believed.
It sounds incredibly discouraging and harmful for others to attempt to judge what your experiences are like. I don't understand how someone can think they have more knowledge about your internal experiences than you do. I hope you find something helpful in the podcast ET *hug you really seem to be working to understand yourself more fully and I respect and admire that desire for knowledge.

Rockclimbinggirl

SF climber
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
This website is amazing
https://did-research.org

Hi :) I just posted on my story - I have DID. I am really struggling. I am glad to see a thread for us here, too. We are a system of 15+ and life just feels really hopeless for me (been main host for 9 years) at the moment, and I think for others in the system, judging by recent incidents. Sending big beams out to other DID folk. I know how lonely (ironically) it can be.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00