• You may receive an error message when sending PMs at the moment. The message you're trying to send has been sent and if you refresh your screen, you will see it. Otherwise you may get many repeated messages. We're working on this!

ToSupport for DID

Hi ET,

(I hope it is ok to call you that.) I'm sorry you have to live with that situation. It sounds very unsettling. It took me a long time to find a therapist who my parts all really liked and wanted to work with.

I haven't experienced your exact situation. To be honest my awareness of my alters is touch and go. I am aware when I am in therapy and at certain introspective moments, but I can go days without thinking of my DID. I am very interested in learning more about Ego State Disorder to see if it resonates.

What I have experienced is prolonged periods of self sabotage which I later could see as my alters trying to steer things. When I feel unable to respond the way I want to, it usually has to do with addictive behavior. Alcohol in my younger days and food as I get older.

Not sure that's much help but that's all I can think of right now.

Thinking of you...

pp

extraterrestrialone

phoned home, no one answered
SF Supporter
Hi ET,

(I hope it is ok to call you that.) I'm sorry you have to live with that situation. It sounds very unsettling. It took me a long time to find a therapist who my parts all really liked and wanted to work with.

I haven't experienced your exact situation. To be honest my awareness of my alters is touch and go. I am aware when I am in therapy and at certain introspective moments, but I can go days without thinking of my DID. I am very interested in learning more about Ego State Disorder to see if it resonates.

What I have experienced is prolonged periods of self sabotage which I later could see as my alters trying to steer things. When I feel unable to respond the way I want to, it usually has to do with addictive behavior. Alcohol in my younger days and food as I get older.

Not sure that's much help but that's all I can think of right now.

Thinking of you...

pp
hi pp,

Happy Thanksgiving (if it's in your geography to celebrate 😊)
((and you can call me ET, ETA, ET1, etc. etc. etc. - hey etc is good too. or feel free to be creative - within the scope of extraterrestrialism - that is))

I have a link to an article about ESD in my signature below. if you can't find my signature, you can find the link in my profile in the about section. I haven't seen much else about Ego State Disorder and I don't think anyone I've spoken to about it, already knew about it. for myself, my persecutorial alter, has lately taken a back seat to the new person who is preparing to take full control. there are pretty much just us 3 inside now and I think we will be merging into a whole mutual "me" soon. my complexities at that point will all make sense. it's just so difficult getting there.

people speak of self harm as an addiction too. however I've discovered that mine - well some of it - is actually self help. people find it difficult to accept something that looks like harm as being help so I do have a very difficult time explaining, but day by day things slowly but surely begin to fit into place. soon I will be able to explain and be understood. at that time I will be a whole person. I'm looking forward with much hope and anticipation. in the mean time, I've discovered things which I hope I can share here.

Last edited:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$125.00
Goal
$255.00