• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Total social failure

SamB

SF Supporter
#21
Is it possible that the admin knew that you being questioned by the auditor might make you uncomfortable and that that is the reason why they tried to avoid it?
We will never really know but there are always lots of potential explanations for peoples behaviour.
You are a complicated person and if you are often conflicted about what you want to do then other people must also be unsure what it is they should do around you. That isn’t a criticism of you, just maybe a reason to give others the benefit of the doubt and keep trying.
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#25
Is it possible that the admin knew that you being questioned by the auditor might make you uncomfortable and that that is the reason why they tried to avoid it?
We will never really know but there are always lots of potential explanations for peoples behaviour.
You are a complicated person and if you are often conflicted about what you want to do then other people must also be unsure what it is they should do around you. That isn’t a criticism of you, just maybe a reason to give others the benefit of the doubt and keep trying.
You know, you're more than likely right. But at the same time, I am fed up. I see people with all kinds of personalities, questionable ones, be easily accepted. And I know I'm repeating myself, but from my own experience, it just does not matter whether I make the effort or I don't because the result has more or less always been the same.

You know, it really hurts when you muster up the courage to talk or make eye contact or smile and it still gets you nowhere with connecting with someone. That's when you really start to question who you are and where you belong in this world.
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#26
You know what I hate about myself? It's like when i do talk,it's like I'm talking in another language or something because I'm barely understood by others if even that.

I was so close to calling out to work today and I very much regret not doing so.
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#28
Do these misunderstandings/miscommunications happen more with written communication, or spoken, or about the same for both?
It feels like both at times. I know there have been times where I have written something and no matter how clear I felt I made something, it was as if I write the total opposite from the way the person responded.
 

BarryW

SF Supporter
#29
it was as if I write the total opposite from the way the person responded.
I've totally been there. It's not a good feeling.

One thing I have learned that helps with written communication, which may or may not apply in your situation: if I write too long of an email, those seem to backfire more. Now I force myself to stop sharing all my thoughts on something.. focus on a few points and then try to end with asking for their input or thoughts. That helps the recipient perceive it as more of a conversation rather than a mandate.
 
Last edited:

sadhart

SF Supporter
#31
I've totally been there. It's not a good feeling.

One thing I have learned that helps with written communication, which may or may not apply in your situation: if I write too long of an email, those seem to backfire more. Now I force myself to stop sharing all my thoughts on something.. focus on a few points and then try to end with asking for their input or thoughts. That helps the recipient perceive it as more of a conversation rather than a mandate.
Yeah, I know writing too much can take away from the point you're trying to make. But even still, I don't know if it really matters. Talking or writing, I'm just not understood well. I just don't really want to try anymore.
 

iloverachel

No longer suicidal after 8 years of depression
#32
You know, you're more than likely right. But at the same time, I am fed up. I see people with all kinds of personalities, questionable ones, be easily accepted. And I know I'm repeating myself, but from my own experience, it just does not matter whether I make the effort or I don't because the result has more or less always been the same.

You know, it really hurts when you muster up the courage to talk or make eye contact or smile and it still gets you nowhere with connecting with someone. That's when you really start to question who you are and where you belong in this world.
I can relate totally and empathize with you

I kind of gave up trying to belong. or be accepted. I hope things improve for you
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#35
Today has started off bad. A quality inspector at my job came over and I had to explain something to him and I just suddenly forgot my supervisor's name. I felt so stupid. Not only that, I just felt like I was making a lot of mistakes. I decided to do something nice for myself today and now I'm regretting doing so.
 

BarryW

SF Supporter
#36
It's amazing the things we forget even if we use the info frequently. I've sat at my computer wondering what is the login password. I've been at the grocery checkout and not remembered my PIN (and that's if I remembered my wallet). Thankfully I've not forgotten how to spell my own name yet.
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#37
It's amazing the things we forget even if we use the info frequently. I've sat at my computer wondering what is the login password. I've been at the grocery checkout and not remembered my PIN (and that's if I remembered my wallet). Thankfully I've not forgotten how to spell my own name yet.
I guess, for me, I have had people be so critical of me for making mistakes that I'm afraid even a slight one will make me look incompetent or worse.
 

SamB

SF Supporter
#38
No matter how good you may be at your job, having a quality inspector come over is a pressure situation.
You can look at forgetting your supervisors name as you being stupid or you can look at it as you being someone who cares about their performance and job and just had a normal human response to being put under unexpected pressure.
 

BarryW

SF Supporter
#40
I have had people be so critical of me for making mistakes that I'm afraid
The work culture for an employer definitely makes a big difference in how secure the employees feel. Some start yelling or being disrespectful if anyone makes a mistake. Others understand that mistakes are part of the growth process and see it as a teaching moment.
I think mistakes are OK in most situations, and the important thing is to learn from it.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top