vegetarian lifestyle

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I also don't think your lifetime veg diet is giving you "mind problems". Protein is protein, and if you eat correctly you will get enough of what you need. My daughter is vegetarian and she plans her meals to include what she needs. And she's in excellent health, in body and mind.

Patch

Good for you! I've been a veggie since I was about 5, so I don't know how hard it is to actualy have to change your lifestyle to suit your values. I admire you :) The veggie lifestyle can bit a bit pricier, but its worth it. Be sure to try 'ground round', an awesome source of protein (and apparently it taste and 'feels' just like ground beef).

On another note, some people were mentioning how they wouldn't 'refuse' a meat meal from a poor person. What? This kind of makes me angry because its the attitude I've met alot throughout my life. Would you cook a meal with peanuts and expect someone who is allergic to eat it? Would you cook pork for your jewish friend and be offended because they didn't want to eat it? No. Its just plain Rude to cook a meat meal for a vegetarian. And No, it is Not okay to expect them to just eat your side dish(es). If you're entertaining, its your job to cook FOR the people you've invited over. arrg

Hae-Gi

Banned Member
On another note, some people were mentioning how they wouldn't 'refuse' a meat meal from a poor person. What? This kind of makes me angry because its the attitude I've met alot throughout my life. Would you cook a meal with peanuts and expect someone who is allergic to eat it? Would you cook pork for your jewish friend and be offended because they didn't want to eat it? No. Its just plain Rude to cook a meat meal for a vegetarian. And No, it is Not okay to expect them to just eat your side dish(es). If you're entertaining, its your job to cook FOR the people you've invited over. arrg
I agree... I would never eat meat under any circumstances. I'd rather starve to death. I would eat fish, if I had no choice, but that's it...

dreamer

I also don't think your lifetime veg diet is giving you "mind problems". Protein is protein, and if you eat correctly you will get enough of what you need. My daughter is vegetarian and she plans her meals to include what she needs. And she's in excellent health, in body and mind.
I didnt say my veggie diet is giving me the problems I have personally. I know my problems are genetic and i would have them regardless of diet. I said that a veggie diet would make them less apparent by generally making me stronger and healthier. For many people being a vegetarian later in life or early in life doesnt make any difference but everyones not the same. Perhaps i would have been better off for all i know. I know people who cant seem to be vegetarians because they just start getting weak or faint. These are educated people, a couple of them are biologists so I assume their not having me on.

dreamer

I wish I had been raised on a vegetarian diet... :sad: I'm kind of jealous of you, I must say.

I doubt your mind has got problems, due to your lifetime vegetarian diet... soy protein, for instance, is a much more potent protein than that in meat. Although fish is actually healthy... but it is not right to continue eating fish, since the oceans are being emptied of fish. In a not too distant future, the oceans will barely have any life, if any, perhaps, even... possibly, all life will disappear once the fish does... plankton and other microscopic animals will take over completely, since no fish eat them, thus actually causing their own death, in time. Needless to say, all animals that live on fish will also die. One can only wonder what consequences the lack of life in the oceans will have on life on land, too... it is my suspicion that the bugs will take over... the bugs always win, in the end, after all.
I like the fish story. I kept thinking every sentence was the end of the fish thing but u go and turn it into the end of the world. lol

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00