• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

We're quitters!

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Haven’t had any cigs since Saturday. Don’t know whether to keep this momentum up when I go home on Saturday. Feel like I should cause quitting is good, but also I like cigs. And I know I won’t stick to it if my hearts not in it but I’m already on a roll... God I should just quit.
I hope you can quit. you are off to a great start keep it up..mike….*stars
 

LostGirl22

To live would be an awfully big adventure
Been having less urges lately and havent been smoking a cig everyday rather - once every 3 days - but the anxiety is coming back, trying to hold on and break the habit of relying on them
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Been having less urges lately and havent been smoking a cig everyday rather - once every 3 days - but the anxiety is coming back, trying to hold on and break the habit of relying on them
you'll be glad hen you finally quit and the anxiety will go away...mike.....*console*hug
 

Garnet_B

Well-Known Member
I've quit quite a few times, just buy a gigantic bag of hard candy and eat one every time you get a craving. your tongue will be super raw by the 3rd day which isn't such a bad thing as i find the physical pain helps take my mind off cigarettes even more. don't knock it till you try it.
 

DOWNUP

Well-Known Member
I've quit quite a few times, just buy a gigantic bag of hard candy and eat one every time you get a craving. your tongue will be super raw by the 3rd day which isn't such a bad thing as i find the physical pain helps take my mind off cigarettes even more. don't knock it till you try it.
That's kinda what I've done, only I got a huge bag of multi-flavored mini lollipops (hard candy on a stick) to give me the hand to mouth thing too. They're separately wrapped and can be easily carried in my pocket or purse too. I also have chewing gum. I decided to quit on Thursday afternoon when I went to get another pack out of the carton and there was only one pack left. I'm a hard core long term smoker (2-4 packs a day), so I probably have both addictive and psychological dependencies. Today (Friday) at almost midnight I still have about half that pack left. I have promised myself I will not be buying any more, so...... Anyway, I'm glad I found y'all. And I must warn y'all that I usually get "cranky" for some reason when I try to stop. Hopefully that won't happen this time. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
That's kinda what I've done, only I got a huge bag of multi-flavored mini lollipops (hard candy on a stick) to give me the hand to mouth thing too. They're separately wrapped and can be easily carried in my pocket or purse too. I also have chewing gum. I decided to quit on Thursday afternoon when I went to get another pack out of the carton and there was only one pack left. I'm a hard core long term smoker (2-4 packs a day), so I probably have both addictive and psychological dependencies. Today (Friday) at almost midnight I still have about half that pack left. I have promised myself I will not be buying any more, so...... Anyway, I'm glad I found y'all. And I must warn y'all that I usually get "cranky" for some reason when I try to stop. Hopefully that won't happen this time. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
don't worry we understand if you're cranky...mike...*console*hug*shake
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$255.00
Top