• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

We're quitters!

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Thanks Mike, it's been an interesting road. Thankfully I've had people in my corner encouraging me along the way. I don't think about it nearly as often now, which certainly makes it easier.
YOU are a fucking rock star, Nick. You did this yourself. Some people helped you limp along the way but YOU did it all, man. Because you are strong and capable and awesome. *stars
 

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Good job Lynn. That's great. *stars You just have to maintain now. The hardest part is done. It's a slippery slope for a long time now though. "Just one" is bad bad bad news, remember that!
 

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Good job Lynn. That's great. *stars You just have to maintain now. The hardest part is done. It's a slippery slope for a long time now though. "Just one" is bad bad bad news, remember that!
Thank you Matt. I'm using the e-cig so i'm not finding it too hard but definitely know what you mean by just one is bad news, thank you for your encouragement :)
 

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I sloped off with an ecig too Lynn @Petal I think the secret there is to go ahead and quit while you still dislike it, before you adapt to enjoying ecig too. I did 2 disposable ecigs over 3 weeks and then binned it off completely, had one semi-rough day and have been okay ever since. That was when I made this thread (Oct 1st last year)
 

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I sloped off with an ecig too Lynn @Petal I think the secret there is to go ahead and quit while you still dislike it, before you adapt to enjoying ecig too. I did 2 disposable ecigs over 3 weeks and then binned it off completely, had one semi-rough day and have been okay ever since. That was when I made this thread (Oct 1st last year)
Wow well done, I know how hard it is. I'd rather stay on the e-cig, in a strange way it helps my anxiety too :) Killing 2 birds with the one stone. Congrats Matt :)
 

Jayjay289

Jay Jay from the UK
Staff Alumni
So today I may be forced to quit smoking!! I am seeing my GP at 11am I have a lump in my throat and it could be bad news, this may be the kick up the arse I need to quit smoking to be honest even if the lump turns out to be nothing I can not put my self through this scare again! the only people that know about this lump is those that are reading this., IO have had this lump for a few weeks now and i also get ear pain with it so the symptoms are not looking in my favour! what ever the outcome I will pack the fags in and go from their. I have not told any of my family about this so you should all be privileged that I am choosing you horrible lot over my family lol!!! I will let you all know this afternoon what the doctor says and where I am going from here!!! BUT if it is the C I will be in no mood to swim with dolphins or sit in a shark cage!! ;)
 

Jayjay289

Jay Jay from the UK
Staff Alumni
Hi all I am back from the doctors they think its Thyroid related, they are sending me for ultra sounds to be on the safe side but that will explain why im getting a bit of a waste line and my sexy V's are dispersing :( but all in all good news they dont think its the C!! as for me, I will be back on my vape!! im using popcorn flavour!!
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
So today I may be forced to quit smoking!! I am seeing my GP at 11am I have a lump in my throat and it could be bad news, this may be the kick up the arse I need to quit smoking to be honest even if the lump turns out to be nothing I can not put my self through this scare again! the only people that know about this lump is those that are reading this., IO have had this lump for a few weeks now and i also get ear pain with it so the symptoms are not looking in my favour! what ever the outcome I will pack the fags in and go from their. I have not told any of my family about this so you should all be privileged that I am choosing you horrible lot over my family lol!!! I will let you all know this afternoon what the doctor says and where I am going from here!!! BUT if it is the C I will be in no mood to swim with dolphins or sit in a shark cage!! ;)
I hope that it turns out to be ok. and quitting before it's too late is a good idea, I know I quit too late. good luck today and my heart and prayers go with you. mike *hug
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$255.00
Top