Were you bullied?

Are the comments and jokes directed at you specially or is it a case that they're having a laugh and a joke and would like you to join in with them, a bit like when close friends tease each other or indulge in a bit of friendly banter.
Sometimes it’s friendly banter, but a lot of times it’s about me. They whisper but sometimes I hear what there saying. Our sometimes one person will say it, is something wrong with you, your crazy.

Lewis83

Sometimes it’s friendly banter, but a lot of times it’s about me. They whisper but sometimes I hear what there saying. Our sometimes one person will say it, is something wrong with you, your crazy.
Do you feel like it might be worth talking to your boss or manager were you work about it, after all if they do it to you they could do it to other people, bullying only really stops when you confront the bully or report them, I'd advise doing the second option because If you report them then they will have to watch they're behaviour in the future.

Do you feel like it might be worth talking to your boss or manager were you work about it, after all if they do it to you they could do it to other people, bullying only really stops when you confront the bully or report them, I'd advise doing the second option because If you report them then they will have to watch they're behaviour in the future.
The Manager is one of the biggest Bullies. I work for the US Postal Service. One of the most horrible places to work for. They send out mailings talking about zero tolerance, and more than half the time its management bullying employees.

Lewis83

The Manager is one of the biggest Bullies. I work for the US Postal Service. One of the most horrible places to work for. They send out mailings talking about zero tolerance, and more than half the time its management bullying employees.
I'm sorry to hear that, is there anyway of reporting it to someone higher up, also is there a way for you to make a complaint confidentially.

bethygal83

I was bullied as far back as I remember. Even in elementary school. I got called fat, had rocks thrown at me got chased by some girl in high school got called names. Even got my books emptied out of my back pack on the bus. I was always the weird kid in high school who sat by herself at lunch. School was terrible I even had to go to another school cause it was that bad.

Lewis83

I was bullied as far back as I remember. Even in elementary school. I got called fat, had rocks thrown at me got chased by some girl in high school got called names. Even got my books emptied out of my back pack on the bus. I was always the weird kid in high school who sat by herself at lunch. School was terrible I even had to go to another school cause it was that bad.
I'm sorry to hear you were bullied bethygal83, I know what its like to be bullied, I was bullied all throughout my school years, I was also bullied by family members. It has had drastic effect on my life that I'm only now beginning to deal with.

I was bullied as a schoolboy for being "fat". I was slightly overweight, but they got into my head and I saw myself as repulsive. When I left and went to university, I was so eaten up with the fear that it would start all over again that I started wearing a firm panty girdle (this was back in the early 80s) to make myself look better.

SAVE_ME

I was picked on for being the quiet kid so now I often feel like I have to overcompensate by being louder and I worry that I come across as obnoxious. It's funny how threatened some people seem to be by the idea of someone being quiet that they have to treat them like an alien from another planet. As if it's so abnormal that people feel the need to gawp at you like a zoo animal. I'm not. I'm a human being just like you, I just prefer to keep to myself is all.

Pebble mouse

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SF Pro
I was also bullied, mostly by other kids, but also a teacher. It was pretty bad and I believe that is why i now have social anxiety. I always thought I'd get my revenge on them, by being successful in my adult life, as I did very well academically even though I was fucked up mentally. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way :(

moxman

The "Perfect Life" YouTube channel is neat
SF Supporter
I was also bullied, mostly by other kids, but also a teacher. It was pretty bad and I believe that is why i now have social anxiety. I always thought I'd get my revenge on them, by being successful in my adult life, as I did very well academically even though I was fucked up mentally. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way :(
*hugs. Sounds like you've been through so much.

I was more like a ghost at my school. Someone once said I was like a breathe mint cause I'd be flavorful for a moment and then everyone would forget about me. I was called a lot of names but for some reason that one really hurt even though it sounds so silly. I was always alone growing up.

my parents bully me still to this day for being 'fat'. Took me a long time to realize I wasn't even close to fat. I'm 5'3'' and 130 pounds and have been ever since middle school. But it caused me to have a lot of body image issues and an unhealthy relationship with food where I wouldn't eat for long periods of time.

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I was more like a ghost at my school. Someone once said I was like a breathe mint cause I'd be flavorful for a moment and then everyone would forget about me. I was called a lot of names but for some reason that one really hurt even though it sounds so silly. I was always alone growing up.

my parents bully me still to this day for being 'fat'. Took me a long time to realize I wasn't even close to fat. I'm 5'3'' and 130 pounds and have been ever since middle school. But it caused me to have a lot of body image issues and an unhealthy relationship with food where I wouldn't eat for long periods of time.
You're definitely not fat. Bullying that's constant affects so much.... I'm glad you know now that it isn't the truth. Sending hugs.....

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter

I'm sorry you were called that way in school, people just couldn't understand you so they'd rather exclude you by telling you are naturally excluded. Eventually your (sub)conscious starts believing it. I have the exact same with my parents, btw. :( I still struggle with eating and all. You are not fat at all, and even if you were, your parents should never comment on it, it's irrelevant. *console

I'm sorry you were called that way in school, people just couldn't understand you so they'd rather exclude you by telling you are naturally excluded. Eventually your (sub)conscious starts believing it. I have the exact same with my parents, btw. :( I still struggle with eating and all. You are not fat at all, and even if you were, your parents should never comment on it, it's irrelevant. *console
My parents moo when overweight people get into an elevator. The fact we get along at all is a miracle sometimes. It's like they started that ketogenic diet and went crazy! We'll get through it Auri. Food shouldn't have to be a struggle because it's just a part of life.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
My parents moo when overweight people get into an elevator. The fact we get along at all is a miracle sometimes. It's like they started that ketogenic diet and went crazy! We'll get through it Auri. Food shouldn't have to be a struggle because it's just a part of life.
*grr *scared That is pretty shocking behaviour, I admit. My parents are the same, but they don't show off in front of strangers. I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

*grr*scared That is pretty shocking behaviour, I admit. My parents are the same, but they don't show off in front of strangers. I'm sorry you have to deal with that.
It's pretty embarrassing. Like who cares damn it? Are your parents fitness freak or just picky about you in particular?

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
It's pretty embarrassing. Like who cares damn it? Are your parents fitness freak or just picky about you in particular?
Not fitness freak. My mom does a little on occasion, but she's "bigger" than me, to stay polite. It's cultural I think, they criticize the weight of people in general, and me the most. *angry no

Not fitness freak. My mom does a little on occasion, but she's "bigger" than me, to stay polite. It's cultural I think, they criticize the weight of people in general, and me the most. *angry no
Wadda pain. My Japanese friends family is like that all the time. Completely cultural. I just wish unless I was pushing the line of obese people would keep their opinions to themselves. But I guess it’s just human nature to be a nose.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Wadda pain. My Japanese friends family is like that all the time. Completely cultural. I just wish unless I was pushing the line of obese people would keep their opinions to themselves. But I guess it’s just human nature to be a nose.
It's not human nature, no one is born hating people of a certain size. :(

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00