What are you currently doing?

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
Why would they get rid of a depression forum ?!
That's very odd..
Well I'm glad to know this, I just kinda get lost on here sometimes as I trance or freak out.

[space I feel comfortabl e in posting, and just being myself. Often it's the only place I'll even visit - or read, as I know I'll having no thing to offer any of the others in the more useful areas of the forum (i. e. "suicide/crisis," et cetera~ there used to even be a "depression," subforum or section - whatever you call it..? 'twas/I was quite "pissed,"~ when they got rid of that - one! (; )_
It's a bit better here I suppose than "how are you feeling" forum. Doesn't really work for my minds.[/QUOTE]

Hey, that's okay @Catch_22 ! I get a little lost sometimes, myself too, round these parts... (for sure!) :^) So, it's no big thing, and I wouldn't let it get me down. Or cause any distress, whatsoever~ As this is supposed to be a place of 'solace,' or 'refuge,' -- in my mind; from all the ills that otherwise might capture our day. . . Now, on the elimination of certain parts of the forum - from way back when - I believe it also must have had something to do with keeping/or managing & maintaing a certain set amount of "space," on the boards, or place. Meaning, tough calls had to be made as to what could stay or what could (presumably) go. And I think that - that was (just) one of those places where it was a little less/under utilized than some of the more active, or heavily/well populated areas of the form: such as the suicide, and (in) crisis section. There even used to be --actually, I'm not certain if it is still there? Or has just been collapsed, or condensed into one of the others... an "after~effects," section, right there in between those two more frequently used ones.

Yes, I find the "How Are You Feeling," one kind of a bigger & broader, more general or generalized approach to said topics - where sort of almost like an, 'anything goes,' sort of mindset or mentality can be applicable, or apply. But maybe that's just me? I like it, but it can require certain types of efforts, with which I am not always feeling capable of providing (when it comes to being in the right, or proper frame of mind); again, given the broader brush-strokes that can seem to be applied (a little bit more, "ready for anything," you've got to be, in my opinion): or, at least~ I've got to be! ; )

And as I said, this place: the game room; used to resemble a bit more of a coffee house-type vibe, back in the day, just in terms of the, or it's sensibilities & such, or so on & so forth. . : ) More welcoming, maybe? I dunno..;) I wish there were more in the archives, as I said, although there are some older ones (threads), there were definitely quite a few more that just got wiped out with one of the transfers, or whatever you call them. This may have been even longer ago than I'd previously mentioned. I've been here for so long - I can never be quite certain (~ 7, or even 8 yrs. ago! maybe? ) ...:D

What I liked in particular about the depression forum, was that it was like a more tempered down, version of what it might sound like. So, not ready to go more into the full-blown territory (or even anywhere close or near, I suppose?) of suicide section, or cleary/obviously, in crisis, after-effects, etc. But the topic itself, or the feeling & the phenomenon could be discussed & dissected in a much more meaningful way, for those who may (or may not!) fall into the category of a 'chronic,' case of depression. As opposed to say more episodic, in nature - I don't know - I don't feel I'm doing a very good job of explaining it, and it's been a great many years since it was here. I just know that I felt very comfortable in there. And that the topic could generally be discussed in a more stripped-down approach with someone (so, say, less "drenched," or "dripping," with emotion, maybe? Or perhaps. . :/ !) Gah, it's hard to describe, and it really shouldn't be. Maybe like if you were having a discussion / a talk, a conversation with a friend who was going into psychology, or studying it in college or school--something like that--& then you could examine it in a setting a bit more like that. Like you (or one) might discuss a book, or a movie, or a piece of music, I guess~? ; ) Laid back.

Catch_22

It's a bit better here I suppose than "how are you feeling" forum. Doesn't really work for my minds.
Hey, that's okay @Catch_22 ! I get a little lost sometimes, myself too, round these parts... (for sure!) :^) So, it's no big thing, and I wouldn't let it get me down. Or cause any distress, whatsoever~ As this is supposed to be a place of 'solace,' or 'refuge,' -- in my mind; from all the ills that otherwise might capture our day. . . Now, on the elimination of certain parts of the forum - from way back when - I believe it also must have had something to do with keeping/or managing & maintaing a certain set amount of "space," on the boards, or place. Meaning, tough calls had to be made as to what could stay or what could (presumably) go. And I think that - that was (just) one of those places where it was a little less/under utilized than some of the more active, or heavily/well populated areas of the form: such as the suicide, and (in) crisis section. There even used to be --actually, I'm not certain if it is still there? Or has just been collapsed, or condensed into one of the others... an "after~effects," section, right there in between those two more frequently used ones.

Yes, I find the "How Are You Feeling," one kind of a bigger & broader, more general or generalized approach to said topics - where sort of almost like an, 'anything goes,' sort of mindset or mentality can be applicable, or apply. But maybe that's just me? I like it, but it can require certain types of efforts, with which I am not always feeling capable of providing (when it comes to being in the right, or proper frame of mind); again, given the broader brush-strokes that can seem to be applied (a little bit more, "ready for anything," you've got to be, in my opinion): or, at least~ I've got to be! ; )

And as I said, this place: the game room; used to resemble a bit more of a coffee house-type vibe, back in the day, just in terms of the, or it's sensibilities & such, or so on & so forth. . : ) More welcoming, maybe? I dunno..;) I wish there were more in the archives, as I said, although there are some older ones (threads), there were definitely quite a few more that just got wiped out with one of the transfers, or whatever you call them. This may have been even longer ago than I'd previously mentioned. I've been here for so long - I can never be quite certain (~ 7, or even 8 yrs. ago! maybe? ) ...:D

What I liked in particular about the depression forum, was that it was like a more tempered down, version of what it might sound like. So, not ready to go more into the full-blown territory (or even anywhere close or near, I suppose?) of suicide section, or cleary/obviously, in crisis, after-effects, etc. But the topic itself, or the feeling & the phenomenon could be discussed & dissected in a much more meaningful way, for those who may (or may not!) fall into the category of a 'chronic,' case of depression. As opposed to say more episodic, in nature - I don't know - I don't feel I'm doing a very good job of explaining it, and it's been a great many years since it was here. I just know that I felt very comfortable in there. And that the topic could generally be discussed in a more stripped-down approach with someone (so, say, less "drenched," or "dripping," with emotion, maybe? Or perhaps. . :/ !) Gah, it's hard to describe, and it really shouldn't be. Maybe like if you were having a discussion / a talk, a conversation with a friend who was going into psychology, or studying it in college or school--something like that--& then you could examine it in a setting a bit more like that. Like you (or one) might discuss a book, or a movie, or a piece of music, I guess~? ; ) Laid back.[/QUOTE]
I get you.. maybe you should open up a depressed people's cafe. I'd participate probably. It would be more laid back and I could see the benefit of it being casual and not for crisis but more existential and life issues.

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
That sounds great, @Catch_22 ! : ) if only I can / could. . . Would / should, be able to "get it to~gether!' well enough, stabel & fit enough; mind n' All- to (try &) figure it all out: wehn it comes to, or entails ... how to go about doing (just) that! Setting it up, that is. ; )

Great movie choice, for the ending in the other. . ;D somewhere? I'd seen that movie on TV. Well, much of it, I guess~ b/c I don't remember, or recall "the ending!" But it was great; & I remember thinking, or 'feeling,' ~at the time of seeing it: that this is really a unique film And unique in a good way! I liked what they were doing with it, in other words. Keifer Sutherland, too, right.?. : ) Love that guy! even from the 80's. Didn't see much of his Jack Bauer stuff, but from what I did (brief snipets, here & there) it looked phenomenal. Then why iddn't I watch more? no good reason, just wasn't my cup of tea, I guess, or I had better (or worse) things to do... :D Later~*

Catch_22

That sounds great, @Catch_22 ! : ) if only I can / could. . . Would / should, be able to "get it to~gether!' well enough, stabel & fit enough; mind n' All- to (try &) figure it all out: wehn it comes to, or entails ... how to go about doing (just) that! Setting it up, that is. ; )

Great movie choice, for the ending in the other. . ;D somewhere? I'd seen that movie on TV. Well, much of it, I guess~ b/c I don't remember, or recall "the ending!" But it was great; & I remember thinking, or 'feeling,' ~at the time of seeing it: that this is really a unique film And unique in a good way! I liked what they were doing with it, in other words. Keifer Sutherland, too, right.?. : ) Love that guy! even from the 80's. Didn't see much of his Jack Bauer stuff, but from what I did (brief snipets, here & there) it looked phenomenal. Then why iddn't I watch more? no good reason, just wasn't my cup of tea, I guess, or I had better (or worse) things to do... :D Later~*
Yea, I get setting up something like that isn't as easy as it sounds. Maybe I'll do it someday. Idk.
Did you mean the sad movie clip I posted? I'm not sure which part of my mind did that, I don't recall, but the film is Melancholia. It's a good film. I did not think Kiefer Sutherland was in that..boy was I wrong, as I just checked the casting when I read you..lol. Good memory...I do not remember him in it! Been many years since I've seen it! I could only recall Alexander Skarsgard. Clearly much of the movie I have also forgotten. (Not a fan of 24 either..but can always look back in fondness to The Lost Boys)

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
Yea, I get setting up something like that isn't as easy as it sounds. Maybe I'll do it someday. Idk.
Did you mean the sad movie clip I posted? I'm not sure which part of my mind did that, I don't recall, but the film is Melancholia. It's a good film. I did not think Kiefer Sutherland was in that..boy was I wrong, as I just checked the casting when I read you..lol. Good memory...I do not remember him in it! Been many years since I've seen it! I could only recall Alexander Skarsgard. Clearly much of the movie I have also forgotten. (Not a fan of 24 either..but can always look back in fondness to The Lost Boys)
That would be so sweet: if you were to set something like that up! (A Depression Thread. . .) :^)

I think that, between the two of us, we just might be able to remember a decent portion of the movie! ;^)

// (had no idea or clue that - that Alexander guy; I've seen him in other things, just not this, evidently! ;) was even in the film, or "picture.") :D

I am currently listening to the judge give his instructions to the jury, before going off to deliberate! : ) yeehaw...[>* =O

I am also "thinking," ~about changing my strings (guitar) (-/-> but yeah, I don't think I'm really seeing that happening, right now, or if 'ever!' ;D

Also getting ready to watch 12 Angry Men! ( ; ~j/k. . .

Catch_22

That would be so sweet: if you were to set something like that up! (A Depression Thread. . .) :^)

I think that, between the two of us, we just might be able to remember a decent portion of the movie! ;^)

// (had no idea or clue that - that Alexander guy; I've seen him in other things, just not this, evidently! ;) was even in the film, or "picture.") :D

I am currently listening to the judge give his instructions to the jury, before going off to deliberate! : ) yeehaw...[>* =O

I am also "thinking," ~about changing my strings (guitar) (-/-> but yeah, I don't think I'm really seeing that happening, right now, or if 'ever!' ;D

Also getting ready to watch 12 Angry Men! ( ; ~j/k. . .

Can you handle the truth?
(Is that from that movie or something else haha idk)
Well you made my day with some beautiful Suzanna Hoffs, just another manic monday
Change those strings..doesn't it effect the sound?

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
Can you handle the truth?
(Is that from that movie or something else haha idk)
Well you made my day with some beautiful Suzanna Hoffs, just another manic monday
Change those strings..doesn't it effect the sound?
It could be! : ) "the quote~." ; ) it also kind of sounds like / or / reminds me of : (A few good men) ; w/Mr Nicholson, saying on the stand, to Tom C after asking about ordering the code red. . . :D
She's great! No matter, the era~ their all her's!!! ( ;
Yes, it does! ;) I'm just lazy... works well w/some things & not so much, with others~ & harder to keep things inntonated, or "in tune~!" ( :

Catch_22

It could be! : ) "the quote~." ; ) it also kind of sounds like / or / reminds me of : (A few good men) ; w/Mr Nicholson, saying on the stand, to Tom C after asking about ordering the code red. . . :D
She's great! No matter, the era~ their all her's!!! ( ;
Yes, it does! ;) I'm just lazy... works well w/some things & not so much, with others~ & harder to keep things inntonated, or "in tune~!" ( :

That's right, that's right it's from a few good men. I can't recall 12 angry men..is the black and white film? Maybe I do if that's it.
Susanna Hoffs is great, who can deny..but I'm gonna tip my hat right now to the rest of the bangles unfortunately in her shadow. 😋

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
That's right, that's right it's from a few good men. I can't recall 12 angry men..is the black and white film? Maybe I do if that's it.
Susanna Hoffs is great, who can deny..but I'm gonna tip my hat right now to the rest of the bangles unfortunately in her shadow. 😋
You know. . . I can't recall now, if it is? (for sure, or not!) / it's the really old one, with Henry Fonda, and directed by Sidney Lumet, maybe? - he must've been quite young! : ) & then they did a re-make years later~ more like the '90s. It had Tony Danze in it: (from Who's The Boss!) ;^) & also- if memory serves, Jack Lemmon. Which is what would've been the ... maybe not so "hidden gem" in that one or version. ;) // O'? Yep! Can't argue w/you there--on The Bangles & the rest of the Girls~! :^) ...I can still remember when that 'Eternal song' or is it - "Flame," thing or one, came-out! I was little, or younger of coufrse; & i'd often listen to the radio while falling asleep. So, you'd get lik e the top pop songs of the day, or whatever it was... And I think they'd maybe even called, or titled it (local small town radio) 'The Hot 8 @ 8!' ;D

Catch_22

You know. . . I can't recall now, if it is? (for sure, or not!) / it's the really old one, with Henry Fonda, and directed by Sidney Lumet, maybe? - he must've been quite young! : ) & then they did a re-make years later~ more like the '90s. It had Tony Danze in it: (from Who's The Boss!) ;^) & also- if memory serves, Jack Lemmon. Which is what would've been the ... maybe not so "hidden gem" in that one or version. ;) // O'? Yep! Can't argue w/you there--on The Bangles & the rest of the Girls~! :^) ...I can still remember when that 'Eternal song' or is it - "Flame," thing or one, came-out! I was little, or younger of coufrse; & i'd often listen to the radio while falling asleep. So, you'd get lik e the top pop songs of the day, or whatever it was... And I think they'd maybe even called, or titled it (local small town radio) 'The Hot 8 @ 8!' ;D
Yea, the version of 12 angry men I saw was def the black and white film with Henry fonda. He's great. Grapes of Wrath too. I never saw the other one but that's an interesting pairing I guess.
Bangles are the one band that really sounds like their name to me. Good memory you have for that radio show.

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
I don't remember the original film overly well... (I know that someone I used to know, used to love it though, and so - that is in part; where the 'memory~' comes from!)
Jack Lemmon rocks in pretty much every-thing I've seen him in. Which isn't every thing: but! : ) have you seen Mamet's movie from his play, w/like he & pacino, and ed harris maybe, a bunch others as well. About some insurance salesmen/agents. and their "swindling~tactics?" He was marvelous & brilliant in that one. Unbelievable ('Acting,')~ I was "astonished." And I know we say, we are astonished by far too many things. . . but that was one case, or instance, where this is 'the TRUE-EST, of Truth's~!'
Plus, I like the way Mamet writes. (example: there! I said it, i said it - I did. . ; )) // 'suppose you've got to hear it properly 'executed,' or performed in an acting-sense, with respect to timing & delivery.
Can you believe? I have not seen Grapes of Wrath! I don't even know what it's about... that's how bad I am. But I am familiar with the title, or the name. (Or the name, and the title...)
I always used to do an impression of Tony D. from that show, where he kind of says everyone else's name the same way. . . "An~GE->LAaaa..;)!" / or, "Jo-HN~a_THon^." & what was alysiia (sp!) mialnaos name? I almost called hefr Malissa! ;D ..."Sa_MAN~ThAaa. . ;D!"

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00