• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

What have you accomplished today?

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Nothing important yet. Small steps.
I did reach out to a woman from the LGBT mental health group I've been going to lately who asked the facilitator to give me her number last Wednesday. She was happy to hear from me and very encouraging.
Since I'm at home alone right now I have been singing. I decided I wanted to learn to sing a song I don't know yet, and I've been into Elliott Smith lately, so I am trying to learn his "Waltz #2" by heart. I sang along with it about 5 or 6 times in a row by now and almost have the lyrics down without looking if I focus enough. (Sometimes I will spread the learning of a song out over a few days, but I decided I wanted to do this one in one sitting for some reason.)

Here's the song if you are not familiar with it.
 

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
I closed the document where I had started writing a suicide note Monday night and didn't save it. Even though I had only gotten a few sentences in and could probably reproduce it (or at least write something similar enough to it if I tried), it still feels big.
 

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
Today I managed to get dressed, go out for a walk and have coffee and cake.

The other day I emailed a local netball league to join a team. They have accepted me and are in the process of finding me a team!
 

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
I heated up a frozen burger on the skillet, and it doesn't seem to be undercooked or burnt. I probably could have seasoned more aggressively, but I did okay.
 

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
I drove all the way to my son's girlfriends (about a three hour drive), picked her up and drove home again. I was really anxious about the trip as I've never driven there before and had to go through the city. Plus I was meeting her parents for the first time. But I did it :)
 

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Finally emailed my academic advisor to explain what has been going on with me. I think I got into too much detail about certain things, but I don't know. Guess we'll see. Maybe he can help me.
 

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Did the dishes for my roommate without being asked. I know it probably sounds like a stupid basic thing, but I have been noticing that I have dependency issues that make it hard for me to do something unless I am told to and unless I know how to do it exactly the way the person wants me to.

(Plus not long ago, my advisor got back to me and wants to help me. I need to respond and let him know that I want to schedule a meeting with him because he offered that.)
 

ringing

Active Member
Did a ton of cross stitching for the first real time.
Dad finally acknowledged I have some depression and anxiety issues once the PA talked to him, so the next step is finding a PCP and have already booked an appointment! It's two weeks away though so tomorrow I am going to politely beg to see if I can be seen sooner.

Today wasn't exactly a good day but those are the only remotely good things that happened today.
 

ringing

Active Member
Gave some good advice to someone and they accepted it so I really helped someone. I usually feel like my advice and experiences don't count for much. But someone thought it was good advice.
I used to have one of my friends always ask me for advice, but she'd always decide to go with what her heart wanted instead, but that just lead her to a worse position and then she'd come back to me for advice...the cycle continued >_>
 

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
1 hour and a half of exercise.
Had a lovely bath.
Helped someone feel better.
Resisted eating junk food.
 
Today has been my first good day in a while, even if it started off bad.

I showered and cleaned myself, instead of just laying in the showing.
I properly groomed myself, trimming facial hair, brushing teeth, etc.
I actually ate food. For the past week I just would eat cereal so I could take my medicine.
My, well, friend who helped me Friday messaged me today. It was great to hear from him, it really made me feel better.

I'm hoping tomorrow is another good day.
 

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
It's approaching 3 am here, so I guess it would be considered yesterday that I did this, but I got my phone problems taken care of. Had gotten my mom's old phone in the mail, and she even included some cash to help me with the activation fee... which they didn't end up charging, so I got some groceries with it instead.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top