What have you accomplished today?

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Is that the normal protocol?!
They made me stand in a military posture (at attention?) instead...

(Got my vaccine at the military hospital.)
Nah, not normal protocol, just what can happen if you play it right..... Instead of chocolate, I once managed to blag a 10 course meal after a vaccination appointment.

Standing at military attention? Hmmm that suggests you would've rigid and so the muscles could have been rather taught which could've made the injection process that slightly bit more difficult. Personally, I'd try and relax the patient by playing some Al Green, therefore allowing the needle to slip in like a hot knife through butter :)

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Nah, not normal protocol, just what can happen if you play it right..... Instead of chocolate, I once managed to blag a 10 course meal after a vaccination appointment.

Standing at military attention? Hmmm that suggests you would've rigid and so the muscles could have been rather taught which could've made the injection process that slightly bit more difficult. Personally, I'd try and relax the patient by playing some Al Green, therefore allowing the needle to slip in like a hot knife through butter :)
Nah, they did it before the injection as a joke, cause I looked stressed apparently (pfff), and I was already standing weird and replying to questions in a very automatic way. :P I was just super hot (heatwave + long way in public transportation) and afraid I'd be late. ^^
Then they asked me to relax for the same reasons you said. ;)

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
That was the opportunity to demand chocolate, lager,vodka and strawberries in copious quantities as the means to get yourself relaxed. Maybe put that plan into action for the second dose.*huh
I was unable to think properly and rushed through it, I even forgot to ask what vaccine it was. :D For the second one in July I'll keep that in mind!

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Had dental checkup. No cavities! Then went to Panda Express and bought enough to feed me for days.
congrats on the no cavities *bravo*stars

if i go to chicken restaurant i would expect to be eating meat from a chicken, when i go to longhorn steakhouse i expect to be eating meat from a cow. now if you go to a panda restaurant what kind of meat are you eating? lol

mike....*hug*shake

Today I sold 2 fiction short stories!!!! My first PAID publications in many years. Both were sold to a Canadian magazine that specializes in stories "from the heart" about subjects like mental health issues, family, trauma, addiction etc. One story is general fiction and one has a supernatural twist. I will announce when they are published. I am so very happy to call myself a professional fiction writer again. *woohoo

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Today I sold 2 fiction short stories!!!! My first PAID publications in many years. Both were sold to a Canadian magazine that specializes in stories "from the heart" about subjects like mental health issues, family, trauma, addiction etc. One story is general fiction and one has a supernatural twist. I will announce when they are published. I am so very happy to call myself a professional fiction writer again. *woohoo
great job @Lady Wolfshead *bravo*stars. all of your hard work is paying off. i hope you sell more stories.

mike...*hug*shake

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Sent my sister a long email, like 9 paragraphs or so. Just chatting about life. Nothing too important. But she's busy with moving, so we haven't been texting as much recently. The email makes it easier to say more and seems to demand a bit less of an immediate answer. Though I will probably text her tomorrow just to let her know I sent it, as she sometimes misses my emails, they get lost, or she forgets to check for a while.

I went to a couple of fitness businesses, did a group workout this morning and joined one of them. Planted some milkweed seeds today, hoping they grow this late...I want some butterflies and these plants will provide food for the caterpillars. I walked the dogs twice out in the heat; walks are shorter cuz heat is higher and dogs are older:) made some essential oil insect repellent....

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00