D
I went to see Caroline Storti, that head-doc person. We sat for an hour talking and throwing questions and such around. At the end of this "initial consultation" she told me she is of the educated belief that I am suffering Moderate-Severe Depression but so many things point her towards a rather potent Bi-Polar diagnosis. It wasn't until the end of the hour that I realised she would be costing $120 a session.
Though she did advise me to seek a "mental health plan" or, failing that, a "division of GP better health plan" with my doctor that will either take most of the cost off or (if i get the div of gp better health) for free. The doc doesnt do either which is a real pain cause i'm young and jobless and my mum has no idea i've been suffering over the years.. that or she refuses to believe it (my sister suffers depression and my uncle adam suffers bi-polar.. she'll probably feel all failure-ish and such). I can't afford this... But I need it...
How do I turn around to my mum and say "Hey.. you know these past 7 or so years have been a (pardon my french) fucking ridiculous battle for me.." and so on so forth? I just can't do that.. then not only would she know and feel glum but then everytime i don't have a big wide grin on my face or anytime I answer her with one or two words it'll be "Hey Dani, are you alright? are you having a (haha) "dark mood"?? How can I help??", and either way i'll probably tell her where to go... Can you see my dilemma?
Cheers... Cheerio
- Dani
Though she did advise me to seek a "mental health plan" or, failing that, a "division of GP better health plan" with my doctor that will either take most of the cost off or (if i get the div of gp better health) for free. The doc doesnt do either which is a real pain cause i'm young and jobless and my mum has no idea i've been suffering over the years.. that or she refuses to believe it (my sister suffers depression and my uncle adam suffers bi-polar.. she'll probably feel all failure-ish and such). I can't afford this... But I need it...
How do I turn around to my mum and say "Hey.. you know these past 7 or so years have been a (pardon my french) fucking ridiculous battle for me.." and so on so forth? I just can't do that.. then not only would she know and feel glum but then everytime i don't have a big wide grin on my face or anytime I answer her with one or two words it'll be "Hey Dani, are you alright? are you having a (haha) "dark mood"?? How can I help??", and either way i'll probably tell her where to go... Can you see my dilemma?
Cheers... Cheerio
- Dani
" Being blunt helps, it would be better if you did not cushion the blow... in my book anyway.