What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know i have problems nobody should feel so low so frequently, i hide it well or at least i think i do but i don't know how to feel better and i don't know how to approach someone professionally about it. My biggest fear is being regected and told to pull myself together and what would my family think of me? The battle is slowly being lost as things chip away at me more and more. If i am asked how i feel it's automatic that i say i'm fine, i don't want to bring others down. I wish i could but tell people but i lack the strength i feel safest shut away from others.

i am writing this on one of my better days otherwise i don't think i could manage it. I would just hit the drink and numb the pain for a while, which makes me feel worse in the long run.

windlepoons

You can try finding a therapist, how best to do this depends on where you are , in UK I would say consider going to your GP, though some even now can be ignorant of problems like ours.

I know what you mean about 'Oh, Im fine thanks' being an automatic response.

What sort of thing chips away at you?

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
It's always a good idea to talk to someone...it may be hard at first, but it will be worth it in the end. It's better than feeling so low all the time. I've found that talking to people here helps, but you may need to see a professional as well.

You can try finding a therapist, how best to do this depends on where you are , in UK I would say consider going to your GP, though some even now can be ignorant of problems like ours.

I know what you mean about 'Oh, Im fine thanks' being an automatic response.

What sort of thing chips away at you?
I think it's life in general i can't put my finger on just one thing it seems like a collection of many things all together. I suppose if i could manage to highlight one particular problem things maybe a little easier to sort out. What doesn't help is my lack of work, health problem/disability and a lack of people i can trust to try to get advice. I don't feel part of this world i feel like a reject because everything about me doesn't fit in with the rest of society. I also find social situations scary and do everything to avoid them so in that sense i suppose i'm shooting myself in the foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00